August 2019 Moms

The Big Question - Facebook

13»

Re: The Big Question - Facebook

• @suzycupcake @sourlemon Thank you - your responses definitely make me feel much better <3

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• moon1417moon1417 member
    edited May 2019
    I think for my last BMB we had a thread here that everyone posted in if they wanted to be part of the FB group and you had to get so many "likes" to show that people recognized you as an active member of TB BMB.  I think it was 5-10 I cant remember the exact number.  Then they provided their name to one of the admins and were given the link to the group or something like that?? eta - maybe not a link but a direct fb invite.. bc they had our exact names. 

How did you guys do it in other BMB?

Me 32 <3 H 33

• Loading the player...
  • I would also cheer a FB move.  I love this group but TB app is terrible.  I am rarely on anything but my phone and trying to tag and stay up on things is so hard.  I also feel like over the last 6 months this group has grown very supportive and it would be great if there was a better platform for that support.  
  • @mrosek91

I'm SO excited!! I still have no idea how to make a gif work here. But imagine something showing how super stoked I am that you got FB!!!!! 😁
  • Just seeing this thread.  I'm fine with a move to FB with some vetting.  My July 2017 TB group is on FB.  I think I described the voting process before.  It was a slow process. 

I've had a hard time accessing TB through the app.  It keeps logging me out when I want to post or comment.  And work has been really busy so I haven't visited on desktop.  FB would probably be easier.
  • So exciting! Thank you @sourlemon for taking this on! 
  • I’d go to fb, this app drives me nuts lol 
  • I would way prefer a Facebook group! I love my J18 Facebook group. I find it way easier to post on Facebook and The Bump app always crashes and logs me out. It’s impossible to keep up. 
  • Yes for a FB group if I make the cut
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    I am a definite yes for FB, especially since it allows better interaction than TB (stupid TB mobile site!).
    I know I don't post a ton on here but I read most of what's shared and would love to be included and get to know everyone better on a simpler platform. :smile: My S16 group is still growing strong on TB and I'd love to have a place to share as this baby grows!
    In my former BMB we elected a few mods and the general rule for being included in the FB group was your name should be recognizable to at least one or more of the admins, plus some participation on the board beyond "love its". It worked really well for us. I'm glad we made the jump around this same time in our pregnancies because it gave us time to associate usernames with IRL ones before all the babies started coming.
  • @heml, I went through and had to click on some names earlier today because I was like....who are you? 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited June 2019
    I probably missed it.  Who are the admins going to be?  @sourlemon is one, I see.  Who are the others?

ETA: Not saying I should be one since I clearly would not qualify.  Just curious.
  • aecmaecm member
    @Twinkiedoll As I understand it, admins will be @sourlemon, @olivemomma, @mkrel, @suzycupcake, and @AKuzReve. Someone tell me if I’m wrong. An odd number, so no ties in any voting, and at least one person represented from each of our check-in groups. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @aecm got it right. There's 5 of us with a good spread across the group and different topics that have had check-in threads. We are hammering out the process right now. 

DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• moon1417moon1417 member
    edited June 2019
    @sourlemon @suzycupcake @akuzreve @olivemomma @mkrel

I guess my first question is there is no vetting here first?  We will just be adding everyone and anyone that sends the PM?  

If there is going to be vetting I propose everyone post in a separate thread that they want to be added.  They would then have to get a certain number of "love its" for people that recognize them as a contributor they would be comfortable sharing FB info with.  Maybe I just have crazy stranger danger.

Second question - are the admins the only ones that get to see the pictures? this is fine, just asking.  I think in my last BMB we did it in the FB group once we all got invited bc we did the initial vetting as a group.  I'm fine either way. I would just suggest we do a bump name/real name pinned thread once we get over to FB. 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• @moon1417 I got the impression that the admins were vetting people themselves, since @sourlemon said that people would either be approved or get a reason for denial.
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @moon1417 We are going to look for consistent and meaningful participation.  Not just someone who posts in their check-in each week and offers no feedback or support to others, which is why it could take a little while to sort through people. 
    For the most part, it looks like the people that have expressed interest (so far) have recognizable names that have been participating and supportive for a long time.  
    Pics will not be shared with everyone.  
    A spreadsheet will be created with everyone's bump name and real name and we will encourage everyone to sign posts for the first month or so with their bump name so that we can familiarize ourselves with people more easily.  
    Does that sound right @sourlemon
  • @moon1417 the admins will be doing the initial vetting (at least of the easily recognizable regulars). When someone PMs us, we will check that person's post history/activity/frequency and the picture. Yes, only the admin that get sent the picture directly will see the picture, unless that admin needs some help with it or it looks weird. For people who all 5 admins were unsure of, and for late joiners (if there are any), those people will be vetted by the entire FB group before being allowed in or denied.

We are going to have a document/spreadsheet that everyone will have to fill out with their real name and bump username that can be referenced. Also, for a while, we would like everyone to end their FB post/comments with their username for ease of linking. Once we get people over there, we can do a GTKY thread that includes a picture with a specific object or something as an additional step in vetting and to help associate a face to the name.

• Yeah like @olivemomma said, we will be vetting so not everyone will be admitted. The pictures only prove that they’re real and they’re interested in joining. We won’t even post the pictures but the admins will use it to verify identify and then compile a list of who wants to join together and make the decision together. 

After we have the group up, we can talk about everyone posting the pictures themselves. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Anyone have an easy fix for reversing the selfie taken in the mirror so that the writing doesn’t show up backwards? 😂
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @dogmomma096 I had the same problem lol. No solution for that specifically, but if you have an iPhone, the front-facing camera has a self timer! I just set mine up on my desk and did the self timer and it came out the right way.
  • @dogmomma096 lol when I took mine as a test, not only was the writing backwards, but i wrote it too small. I would say so long as your write it large enough that we can see it, we can probably decipher the backwards writing.

• @dogmomma096 I was thinking about that too. Could you just tape the piece of paper to the mirror instead of holding it? I haven't tried it yet, but that's what I was thinking of doing.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @dogmomma096 Ooh, yeah. I hope not. I have a nice third tri double chin going on in mine and frizzy rainy day hair :D
  • @moon1417 I was the one who had concerns about vetting from within the FB group because having a creeper inside of the group even for a little bit freaked me out. 

@oklahomak and @dogmomma096 I didn’t know iPhone has a self timer! And you ladies look beautiful in your photos. You should see me when I’m trying to take selfies (only happening since pregnancy—not a selfie person). I’ve been in some uh shall we say interesting positions trying to get it right. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• I'm a huge fan of this group, but the TB app is challenging to navigate on my phone. It'd be amazing to see this supportive community on FB where tagging and staying updated is easier. Over the past 6 months, the support here has blossomed, and a better platform would amplify that!