November 2019 Moms
Options

May Symptoms

13»

Re: May Symptoms

• Options
    Thanks @rogro118 that helps my sanity. I know it is BH because i got a TON with my last. I know it usually means I need more water but it definitely started my paranoia!
  • Options
    I thought I got a braxton hicks last night.. I'll be 17w on Sunday. I really don't think I started to get those until closer to 25 weeks with my first pregnancy. Crazy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease seeing 17w is crazy!  I’m at the end of the month so I’m only 13, but I can’t believe people are already approaching the halfway mark! Woo!
  • Options
    kcc0324kcc0324 member
    I'm 14 weeks (15 on Thursday). Im a STM but my daughter is 6 so I cant remember too much about being pregnant with her. Ive noticed that some days I "feel pregnant" and other days I feel completely normal. I had 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy so of course I worry about everything. Has anyone else gone through this?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hey @kcc0324 I just posted the same thought on the May PGAL thread! If you want to jump on that thread it seems like a lot of us go through those days.
  • Options
    @kcc0324 what you're feeling is normal. Some days I feel like I can feel everything this pregnancy is doing to my body and other days I feel like I could run a marathon. 
  • Options
    kcc0324kcc0324 member
    That's good to know! Thank you :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    bmmimsbmmims member
    I am still struggling with bowel movements. I really miss my pre pregnancy regular morning poops y’all. 
  • Options
    My stomach feels so stretched out today... I know this is only the tip of the iceberg.
  • Options
    I’ve been so dizzy all day.  I was sick all weekend, still fighting off a cough and woke up feeling less congested (yay!) but so so dizzy.   I was on the couch most of the day, my blood pressure was fine, I was hydrated, and able to eat some.  I’m better now that it’s time for bed, but that was not fun!  I have an appt tomorrow that I’ll bring it up at.  Has this happened to anyone else?  
  • Options
    @rogro118 - Yes to the dizziness although mine wasn't all day it was a few hours and I napped through it and that helped immensely.  My dr said it comes with the pregnancy but definitely let them know so they have record of it.

That being said, I am a chronic passer outer (is there a real word for it??) but basically that dizziness is usually a precursor so I dont try and do anything once the dizziness sets in.  Either I pass out and wake up 'reset' or I go to bed/nap and wake up better.  My poor drs had to deal with my passing out during labor during my second go around and during my glucose test. 
  • Options
    @rogro118 I have dizzy spells when I get over heated. I have to keep a something very cold to drink if I spend anytime outside right now. Otherwise I get lightheaded and dizzy. 
  • Options
    KriztynKriztyn member
    kcc0324 said:
    I'm 14 weeks (15 on Thursday). Im a STM but my daughter is 6 so I cant remember too much about being pregnant with her. Ive noticed that some days I "feel pregnant" and other days I feel completely normal. I had 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy so of course I worry about everything. Has anyone else gone through this?

I am going through this as well (16 weeks) . I have a 5 year old daughter so completely agree it's like starting all over again without being able to remember the first time around, lol.  We had to go through IVF this time around so I worry about every little pain or lack of symptoms. So far all my appt have gone well so I am trying to remain positive. I am starting to show, so that is definitely helping! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I was constipated to the max (which was actually a relief in so many ways because I have major stomach issues and usually experience chronic diarrhea). This pregnancy is opposite. Diarrhea. Daily. The worst part is when I am at work. I have hour long appointments face to face with people and do not want to just be like "hold those thoughts and feelings before I poop my pants". So Im back to old habits where I try not to eat when I am working and then binge when I know I have unlimited access to a toilet. Thinking my only real solution is going to be a hardcore dietary change to try to get it under control. I sadly miss some of the days of constipation. Maybe this weekend I can start working on some of those changes to seek some relief. Bah. Pity party aisle me.
  • Options
    @purplefan1 - I actually laughed out loud.  I totally can relate.  I rotate between the two every few weeks.  It sucks to literally mid-conversation feel that need to go. 

Probable TMI but we are all pregnant here - I am having the reverse this month where I have the occasional hemorrhoid from constipation.  Thank goodness I have cream left over from the last time I gave birth.  It is magical in its healing powers.
  • Options
    @Dancer688 thank you for getting me. It blows (see what I did there? Haha!)  Hemorrhoids are no fun!! Slap that cream on there and get your relief!! Hope they cleae up soon for you.
  • Options
    I either have food poisoning or a stomach bug. Woke up at 230 vomitting and diarrhea and horrible stomach cramping. No temp or headache and no aches and pains. Laying on the couch now sipping water and of course googling all of the terrible things that can go wrong if you have a stomach bug or food poisoning during pregnancy. Since it is 4am now Im waiting a bit longer to see if it tapers off before calling the doctor.
  • Options
    Oh no @purplefan1 I hope it passes quickly take care of yourself!!
  • Options
    That's no fun! I hope you feel better soon @purplefan1!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @purplefan1 I hope it's just a 24 hour bug. That sounds awful! 
  • Options
    Thanks friends. I havent thrown up for almost 3 hours and just ate a popsicle, so hopefully that stays down. I was so worried about food poisoning but I had a client on Tuesday who said they just got over the stomach bug and the doctors office said they have been getting tons of calls about stomach bug. Stomach bug is oddly better than food poisoning, especially for baby. Just have to try to stay hydrated. I feel like hell though.
  • Options
    @purplefan1 I hope you feel better!!
  • Options
    @purplefan1 - Feel better soon!
  • Options
    emmac99emmac99 member
    edited June 2019
    This is the first time it’s happened but tonight I got so hot all the sudden I collapsed and just about passed out. Luckily I was with MH so he helped me but it still scared me senseless. I just worry that it’ll happen when I’m home alone or something. Anyone have advice for when that happens? 
  • Options
    @emmac99 yep, that happens to me anytime I get overheated. I also had it happen randomly in the grocery store while I was wearing my toddler in my ergo and had my other two kids (5 & 3) with me. It is scary. Best thing to do is make sure you have something cold to drink all the time to keep you cooked down. Especially if you are outdoors in the heat. This happens to me bc I have low BP. 
  • Options
    @emmac99 - That is my life too.  I am very used to it and like @emeraldcity1214 says carry water or something cold to drink.  Also what helps me is eating every two hours and never stretching out meals.  Empty stomachs don't help that.  If you feel yourself getting overheated sit on the floor (I lay down because less distance to fall and it helps to ground myself) and if there is anyone around let them know. 

If you are by yourself just stay on the floor and breathe through it.  Either the feeling will pass in 5-15 minutes or you will pass out.  If you pass out, you'll already be on the ground so while it can be unnerving you won't hurt yourself from any fall.  Hopefully it is a one-time thing but it never hurts to take precautions.