June 2019 Moms
Options

36 weeks and CAN’T STOP EATING

Okay, I’m being a bit dramatic. Today at 36 weeks and 4 days, I just feel like I’m starving. I feel like I can’t get enough food in me and I’m not satisfied. Normal? Any tips? 

Re: 36 weeks and CAN’T STOP EATING

• Options
    edited May 2019
    *lurker alert*

normal because
    1. you're growing a baby
    2. your stomach is smushed and can only take in small amounts of food at a time
    3. you're growing a baby
    4. you're preparing to push said baby out

Tips? Well, eat if you're hungry. Try to eat plenty of fruits and veggies if you're in the mood to regulate you diet ;)

ETA lurker

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    tkbmamatkbmama member
    I was feeling the same way. I am glucose intolerant and have been put on a strict diet. But the last couple of weeks I can't eat enough (38w+2d). Doctor said this is the biggest growth spurt so it's normal. Trying to make smart decisions but also allowing myself to enjoy some food 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 to the fruits and veggies suggestion

If you enjoy salads with just leafy greens and red wine vinegar with oil or balsamic with oil, it will really help curb the cravings. You can add a teaspoon of parmesan cheese, some onions, and some cucumber slices to make it fancy. I literally eat a bowl of that every single time I'm starving my mind out and it works. 

For fruit, buy some watermelon, cantaloupe, and honey dew. They are 90% water, low in fat and calories, and high in essential nutrients. You may not be satisfied because you may be eating empty calories, not sure. Try eating whole grain oatmeal (not instant, the kind you have to cook) with sliced bananas and breads with some peanut butter on it. Have some avocado; baby will be so thankful for it. These things can help make you feel full longer. 

I cannot stress this enough, drink at least 1L of water a day. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    jbm925jbm925 member
    I've found that cucumbers and romaine lettuce for some reason satisfy my cravings, so I'm eating like a rabbit in between regular meals. But I totally agree, I feel like I can't stop wanting to eat food.  My babies always seem to ramp up the hunger over the last month. 
  • Options
    Just over 35 weeks and I am hungry non stop too. I've been making sure to eat fruits and veggies and protein as well as keeping up with my 8-10 cups of water a day....and the past few days I have just insatiable hunger. I just make sure I'm eating enough and try to have small snacks like an apple or applesauce on hand for in between meals. I was a bottomless pit with DD1 in the week or 2 leading up to birth. I rationalize it with the growth spurt baby goes thru in the last weeks plus your baby knows it will be going through alot giving birth and possibly breastfeeding a baby soon, so your body wants to stock up like animals do for hibernation. 
  • Options
    *body not baby

• Options
    Me too! I’m 36+3 and I’m starving all of the time. I was doing good at gaining only a pound per week and now it’s 3 pounds a week. I’m trying to make smart choices, but I’m craving all kinds of cheese, pasta and bread. Ugh
  • Options
    Oh, honey. I also remember having that constant hunger. My one was not at 36 weeks of pregnancy though, but was in the second trimester  :)
    In Toronto, Etobicoke, Thornhill, Scarborough, Vaughan, Markham, Mississauga, North York, and East York, A Date With Baby is unquestionably the finest when it comes to providing high-quality 3D ultrasound offers.