The Anatomy Scan thread

Re: The Anatomy Scan thread

• Options
    @marbellie yay!! I'm so glad 💚
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @galentine yay!! Happy to hear
  • Options
    @galentine yay!!  That’s great news!  I was waiting for your update.  Hope you got a ton of wonderful pictures on your disk.
  • Options
    @marbellie, I am so glad you had a good scan too! I was bummed I didn't have time to log on to TB Friday morning to wish you luck, but I was sending you good vibes from afar! ❤
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    jcbh2018 said:
    galentine said:
    We had our anatomy scan today! Baby is still a girl (obviously I didn't expect her sex to change, but seeing her anatomy helped confirm the answer in my brain, LOL). 
    Omg. I’m not the only one who feels this way?!
    My A/S is in 3 days! I can’t wait to have that small sense of relief. 

Also, great news on your scan today! 
    No! I always ask them to confirm!
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    We had our anatomy scan yesterday! We don’t get results right away but the ultrasound lady thought Tuesday. I was surprised by the internal ultrasound to measure my cervix. I text my friend who does ultrasounds, because I was worried something looked off so they did the internal. She said that’s protocol at some places, so just a heads up!
    Yes, but you can decline it. It’s routine if you go to a MFM, and varies by OB. A tech can get the measurements abdominally if they’re trained correctly. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    @SLou24 I hope your p.p. resolves.  I had to refrain from working out the first 3 months so I understand your frustration there!

@PenelopeSnuz77 I learned I have an anterior placenta as well and my doc said the same thing!  Lots more cushioning between baby and belly with the placenta there so I don’t feel the kicks as easy.  

• Options
    @cooaladolly I've never heard of that but hopefully it ends up being nothing. Hope you can keep your mind occupied and at ease and that these 6 weeks fly by for you. In my thoughts! 
  • Options
    @cooaladolly I’m sorry for the added stress. 6 weeks is a long time to wait but hopefully the fact that she’s a kicker will help put your mind at ease. Sending all the positive vibes that it ends up being okay ❤️
  • Options
    @cooaladolly I'm sorry for the unsettling news. If it were me i'd call and ask to be seen so you can talk and ask you're question to someone in person. That's something lousy to do over the phone. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @cooaladolly How stressful! I agree with @kindbytealikat, it might be good to see if you can sit down with your dr and understand it more. Either way, thinking of you right now!
  • Options
    @cooaladolly, I'm so sorry for the added stress. I hope your next scan shows everything is just fine ❤
  • Options
    @cooaladolly I'm so sorry for the added stress and unknowns... Sending love and positive thoughts 💚 
  • Options
    @cooaladolly I'm sorry that your results are leaving concerns. Maybe you can call and discuss over the phone with the OB (or a nurse)? It is some solace that the MFM didn't seem worried but I do understand that the thick accent can make it hard to gauge. Sending lots of positive vibes ❤
  • Options
    @cooaladolly so sorry about the added stress from your scan.  The last thing you want after the anatomy scan is more questions.  I hope it turns out to be no big deal and that you get answers soon.  🤞🏻❤️
  • Options
    @melanier26 yay for the BOY!!  💙 
  • Options
    We had our AS today and it didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped. Baby wouldn't turn into a position for them to see everything they wanted to see, but more importantly, we learned he has an echogenic bowel. Apparently, this can be found in 1-2% of pregnancies and most of the time it is nothing to worry about, but it can be an indicator of more serious issues. Options to find out any potential health problems today were amnio or a blood test. Since we'd already done genetic screenings to rule out two of the three possible health problems that the amnio would test for, we chose to only do the blood test to see if there is a sign of fetal infection. Additionally we will return in two weeks for another anatomy scan to monitor and get the rest of the views they were hoping to see today.

I was already a bit on edge because my Maternal Serum AFP results came back on the high end of normal range, so this is definitely causing more worry. The good news is they didn't find any evidence of birth defects today, so I'm trying to focus on that positive and just continue to hope that the echogenic bowel ends up being a non-issue.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    @mrsinterweb, sending hugs your way. I hope your blood work and repeat scan next week give you good news! ❤❤❤
  • Options
    @mrsinterweb I'm so sorry for the confusing results, I'll pray that everything with the baby is okay. When will the blood results come in?
  • Options
    @mrsinterweb I'm so sorry 💚 I hope everything turns out okay 
  • Options
    @mrsinterweb I’m so sorry you went through that today! Sending hugs and fingers crossed for a clear blood test. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @mrsinterweb I’m so sorry for the ambiguous results. I hope you get the blood test results back soon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker