August 2019 Moms

Weekly Questions 5/19

2»

Re: Weekly Questions 5/19

• @suzycupcake I’ve bought maternity leggings from gap that I’m obsessed with and another pair from motherhood maternity that I like too. Not sure if either are 100% cotton; I think the ones from motherhood maternity are but I highly recommend either place for leggings! 
  • @newmamakt Links? I'm not sure if I want to get maternity specific leggings, but will check it out. Thanks. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Loading the player...
  • @suzycupcake, yes to tailbone pain but it’s something I had before and pregnancy made it worse. 

For leggings, it’s pricey but worth it. Lululemon Align pants. It seriously feels like butter on you, it’s seamless so it’s comfortable, and it’s not maternity so you can wear it after. I’m still in my regular size. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @Avrilmai, I considered that while googling. But I took 2 tums and it went away so I really think it was heartburn. I’ve never had heartburn before so I didn’t know what it felt like. 

• aukeevaukeev member
    @suzycupcake Yes! Sitting in the car for more than 30 minutes or so, especially. 
  • cato99cato99 member
    @suzycupcake let me be the little devil on your shoulder encouraging you to treat yourself to at least one pair of maternity leggings. They really do feel way more comfortable with the bump, and you're only going to grow from here (and the last couple of months the growth gets fast), so why not spring for them now and get the maximum use out of them. I've worn regular workout pants (just snuggled under the bump) pretty recently and it's *fine* but nowhere compared to actual maternity leggings! I don't have any recs for pure cotton ones though because I prefer horrifying synthetic high-tech ones lol (the Blanqi support ones are amazing for that). I felt like the more "pure" ones lose their shape faster, though they're admittedly softer and more comfy.
  • @cato99 I cannot stand all of the spandex and what not on my skin. It makes me hot and itchy. Although I’m not completely opposed to maternity leggings, I can’t do the full panel. It makes me hot and itchy too. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @sourlemon - DH happened to have a balance board (Simply Fit) I could borrow to see if it was even feasible, so my big-bellied self is trying it out as we speak. Was also thinking of maybe a little under-the-desk set of pedals or something for when I sit down ... TBH, sitting gives my bladder some relief of constant "urgency" re: her kicking my organs.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• I can't really comment on brands for leggings but I found some smoking deals at Ross (Dress for Less) for maternity leggings.  I don't plan on being pregnant again so a 5$ legging is nice since I won't be wearing it for long. My other pre pregnancy leggings were too tight at least 2 months ago.  
  • Can you develop an intolerance for jewellery while pregnant? I wear the same necklace every day and have been for so long but this week, it seems to be giving me a rash and is super itchy. So strange. 

• aukeevaukeev member
    @AKuzReve Maybe! My OB said you can certainly become intolerant to foods and skin products during pregnancy that normally wouldn't bother you (I was getting these horrible rashes in the first and early second tri, but hadn't introduced anything new). I'd guess it could be the same with metals? 
  • @akuzreve I know with food allergies my son's allergist said there are certain ages/times that correspond with either outgrowing or developing new allergies.  They are times that correspond with larger hormone shifts - 2yo, 5yo, puberty, pregnancy,  menopause. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for other allergies and sensitivities

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @BigBadWolf12 - Is that why they won't test for allergies (unless they're severe) until 5? 
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @mamak225 that's why some say not to bother testing until older. 

Related ramble but not in direct response to you:
    I would argue that a good allergist will test (and include the test results as one of many factors in making a diagnosis - false positive and negatives are possible at any age) regardless of age if there are symptoms bc i think it's negligent to withhold testing/treatment/epinephrine from someone who could go into anaphylactic shock and need immediate meds to buy them time to get to the hospital,  even if there is a chance they'll outgrow the allergy later. A) we don't know that will happen and b) let's not gamble away their life before they even have a chance to outgrow it. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• I think so @AKuzReve because I developed a contact allergy to my yellow gold wedding rings in first trimester to the point of getting a blister. Taking it off and scrubbing it with toothpaste helped. Maybe try cleaning it and see what happens. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Yeah, I definitely plan to get DD1 tested. They're not severe (and I don't have any severe, except medicine-related), but they are CONSTANT. She's on Zyrtec all year - I do try to give her "drug holidays" when the pollen count goes down, but usually have to start back after a day or two - and has been since she was like 3 mo old. If it's something that could be mitigated with a bi-annual shot or if we could pinpoint the triggers, I think it would be helpful.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @thirdtimesacharm2019 Was it not acceptable to do that in the first trimester?
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @olivemama I also take SlowFe! It was rough the first few days, but I upped my fiber & all is well now ;)@suzycupcake My tailbone has been aching SO bad for about two weeks. As of yesterday? Everything now feels like I’ve been riding a bike with crappy seat padding.
  • So strange. I’ll try to scrub it @suzycupcake and see if that helps. I feel naked without it. 

• Does anyone else’s belly button look deformed right now? 

Oh and there are a couple of reddish reddish purply veins on one of my boobs. Not the blue ones we are already getting. A different kind. Almost varicose like. I hope that goes away. 

A serious question. How do you get your shoes on? 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake slip on shoes for the win! If I'm not working I'm wearing shoes that just slip on with no socks required. For work I still wear tennis shoes, but to get those on I sit on the edge of the tub or the foot board of our bed and cross my leg (ankle to knee) slide the shoe on and then tie to the side. I don't know how much longer this process will last. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• aukeevaukeev member
    @Avrilmai +1 for slip-on shoes! I've never worn flats or sandals to work more frequently than in the past month and a half. I only wear shoes that tie or buckle if DH is up before me and can tie/buckle them for me  :D That's another thing I thought would come closer to mid-third tri and hit sooner than expected. 
  • @suzycupcake, I tie my running shoes on the side but otherwise wear flats/pumps. If I wear sandals/shoes with an ankle strap, I get my H to put it on for me. Some shoes I can do from the side and some I can’t. 

On that note, lotioning my legs is getting increasingly difficult. 😭😭

• Slip on shoes all the way. Even my "running shoes" are now slip ons (loose laces). Otherwise, it takes a lot of grunting and funny positions to tie shoes.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited May 2019
    @Suzycupcake slip on shoes here too. Though when I do wear lace up ones I sit on a step stool with my foot on the step part so I have support but not folding myself in half. It's not perfect but it's the best solution I've found lol

And yes deformed belly button. Not an innie anymore,  not an outie, kind of just flat but a bit deflated/not firm like the rest of my belly right at the belly button 😂

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• hemlheml member
    @suzycupcake Definitely have a weird smushed looking belly button. MH keeps telling me that it’s so close to being an outtie. Eye roll. 

I only wear wear sandals or mules to work so that’s easy. Putting on socks and tennis shoes is def a workout these days! 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    My belly button hasn't changed much yet other than that it's getting more shallow. Anyone noticing stretch marks yet? I've been surprised I haven't seen new ones popping up yet.
  • My belly button usually turns into the grand canyon when I'm pregnant. This time around it hasnt changed much yet.

@emqbee, with my first pregnancy, I didnt notice any stretch marks until *after* the kid was born. I never got any on my belly, just my sides (love handle area) and butt (yay). With DD2, I added boobs to the list of places with stretch marks. But again, no new ones showed up until I started shrinking. I also am a firm believer in genetics here...I never used any kind of oil or cream to prevent them. And the stretch marks I did get are in the exact same places that my mom had them.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @suzycupcake - I'm one of the few with the Grand Canyon belly buttons, it was still indented when I delivered DD1 (never even went flat). I would say, though, that it makes me giggle now that I have a preggo belly because it just looks like a Fat Man Belly Button through my clothes. Also, I'm all about the slip-ons, too, and specifically these ones I bought on Amazon (pretty sure I put a link up in one of the other threads). They offer enough cushioning that I feel supported (plus decent arch support), and are airy enough to not have nasty sweaty feet, but they look cute and don't slip at all with the ankle circle-thingy. They also allow for the ebbs and flows of any swelling and have a lot of give in the ankle area, should your feet/ankles grow some during pregnancy. WARNING: they do run a tad small, I would size up. I normally wear a 9.5 or a small 10, but I purchased an 11 for "growth room" but they still work with being a smidge large.

**TW for those with feet/toe issues**

**History in Spoiler**

• @emqbee with the twins I didn't get stretch marks till 35 weeks... then they were everywhere.. 
    @suzycupcake slip ons or DH doing it for you... and at some point comfort may outweigh fashion/coordination
    @mamak225 our allergist would test at any age... DD1 had a full battery of tests when she was 2.5 or maybe young3. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @emqbee - I didn't get any stretch marks on my stomach with DD1, but - good god - the ones on my hips/love handles :# 
    **History in Spoiler**

• Another for no stretch marks here.  Just on the boobs...

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @mamak225 Those sandals look familiar and may be what I was looking at for foot pain because of the occasional fasciitis. Usually a more wrapped sandal is needed to look good on my feet but I don’t care at this point lol

@mamakt No problem. Asking for links was a lot so I appreciate it. Those links are fire! I’m gonna order both and see if the panel works out since the material is soft and has minimal spandex. Any panels I’ve tried with 1/2 and 1/2 or not much cotton gives me a rash. Modal is a really soft material though and works fine. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake my feet and ankles have been so swollen that I can only wear some flip flops and a pair of flats that only cover my toes (doesn’t come down over the foot). My running shoes I always wear loose so those I slide/slam into too. And my belly button is so weird. Like the top part is an outie and the rest is still deciding 
  • Ha yes @purplg8r there is some weird wrinkle in the top part for me so I'm assuming maybe that part is already coming out. Should we get a shoe horn? It's good to hear the swelling was normal for your pregnancy. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI