August 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/20

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/20

• emqbeeemqbee member
    @Beauxbaton I was definitely starting to get ragey as I read your first sentence.....then I realized you mean he's bad AT lying....not bad to do it a lot....oops!
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @emqbee I appreciate the perspective! I am very thankful that it wasn't worse and I hate that I let myself give him a hard time rather than be supportive and appreciative that he is safe, especially when he's having a rough morning.  I still don't like it, but I think I have made myself more than clear  :D  
  • Loading the player...
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    Guys. I just found this mom group on Facebook that I requested to join, thought it might be interesting. They had three questions that your required to answer before they’ll approve your request, nbd. One of them was ‘will you provide proof of your pregnancy/motherhood if requested by admin?’ 
    Are these people serious? Is that a thing? Like what kind of proof could they possibly ask for?! I’m sorry, I’m just a little weirded out
  • wabash15wabash15 member
    edited May 2019
    @emqbee there are crazy catfish out there (and even here on TB)... but I must admit I am very wary of joining random groups on FB.... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Is anyone else finding it hard to not peek at their registries to see what's been bought? Now that shower invites have been sent out, I've had people tell me they won't be coming but are having things sent to us. It is so tempting to see what is on the way, but so far I have resisted the temptation.  o:)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @Lotus_2008 I thought I was the only one :D Yes, I glance at it every few days. I am a big time prepper for pretty much everything, and I am wanting to finish getting the things we need and setting up the nursery, so I keep checking!
  • @Lotus_2008, omg I was terrible st this and always looked. I knew exactly what I was getting off the registry but tons of people bought add ons to what they got from the registry. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• This is probably TMI but I can't find that thread LOL.  My belly and my boobs are spending way too much time together. I feel like those statues of those beautiful voluptuous pregnant women. It is the strangest feeling when they touch. Doesn't seem right LOL
  • @Lotus_2008 OH absolutely. I can't help it. Similar to a few other people who've commented, I'm just such a type A personality and planner that I need to know these things! LOL.
  • hemlheml member
    @Lotus_2008 I’ve been looking. I was also the child that looked for hidden Christmas presents every year. I have no self control. 
  • @Lotus_2008 I'd have a hard time not looking too. 

My random: I sent pictures to my husband of a chair paint color (we are painting our patio rocking chair light gray and bringing it to the nursery because of a sentimental reason), a blue seat cushion, a white throw pillow with a green airplane and blue clouds that you can feel, an ivory and chevron light marigold throw blanket, and a cream/ivory knitted pouf to ask what he thinks.

He sent me back a picture of his styrofoam water cup at work, a bottle of tylenol, his shoe, and a candy jar telling me he loves me so much. #eyeroll
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Over the weekend DS spiked a fever and was sick for a couple days. Yesterday DH came home early from work due to being sick,  thankfully he is better today. Now DD is throwing up. If anyone passes this along to me I am not going to be a happy mama, I am still trying to get rid of the cough I have had for a month. Also this means a 4 day weekend with DD, part of which will now be trapped in the house and I can't even drink. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Lotus_2008 I don't specifically look to see what has been purchased, but there have been a couple times where I've gone back to edit my registry (removing something we found in good condition used, for example) and couldn't help seeing what was purchased.
  • @Allycat11 Oh no I hope it all flies right on by you. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• sw1122sw1122 member
    @mrosek91 - HA! I like to sleep in a t-shirt and shorts and my shirts have gotten too tight. I recently started taking t-shirts out of my husband's drawer and I told him I should have raided his drawer much earlier.
  • I finally got my levels back from my blood work. My TSH is around 4. So like 3x what I feel best at. But my total t4 is actually slightly above range. So they are upping my medication very minimally. And I'm just so exhausted. Idk how I'm going to make it through summer for the rest of this pregnancy if this is going to be the norm. 
  • @suzycupcake my thyroid is basically dead. I did RAI ablation when I was I think 16. I have graves disease. And so I assume it's a delicate balance of trying to keep me not hypo, but also not hyper so that I don't have antibodies because antibodies cross the placenta and can cause issues with the babies thyroid. My thyroid has been significantly harder to get under control with my girl pregnancies than with my boy pregnancies. It's so word. Thanks for the hugs. Hopefully yours is doing ok.
  • We had our hospital tour this morning (same hospital as DS2, but they just opened a new building, so I was more curious than anything). 

Holy moly have things changed in the last seven years! Skin to skin, immediate breast feeding, and delayed cord clamping are standard now (even with c-section as long as baby and mom are doing okay). No baths for the first 24 hours (apparently the waxy covering provides antibacterial protection and temperature regulation and other benefits I can’t remember). AND my hospital is one of the few in the country with doulas on staff free of charge and they can be reserved for scheduled c-sections. One of the hardest things last time was DH going with DS to special care and I was by myself in recovery. 

I had a little anxiety set in just being in the hospital and thinking about how soon little dude will be here!
  • BeauxbatonBeauxbaton member
    edited May 2019
    @chillycanadian correct. The higher the tsh the less the thyroid is working. Also holy crap about your friend! I had a friend who at her a/s was told it was a girl then at 28 weeks found out it was a boy
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019 - Eeeek, you just gave me a little anxiety, I TOTALLY need to pre-register at the hospital lol
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• It’s 5:45 AM and I need to go to bed. I stayed up to watch the basketball game which was so worth it since my team won and is heading to the finals for the first time ever! 

• @chillycanadian omg FIVE ?! That's insane.  Someone on my last bmb was told girl at first and then boy later (late 3rd tri from my memory?) But I can't imagine five and then it changes at birth :o I wonder if the first one or two just weren't that clear and it was recorded in the paperwork so people after that saw what they expected/didn't look hard to confirm later?  That's crazy. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Since there’s no Monday BF (and it’s technically Tuesday anyway)...

It’s not quite 8:00 am and it’s already almost 80 degrees. 🙄 
  • My dryer is broken and driving me crazy. I have to hang out anything we wash. I hope they fix it tomorrow because I want to wash our bedsheets. 

• @thirdtimesacharm2019 holiday weekends always throw off my sense of days. It might as well be Monday.
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019 - I was thinking the same thing! It was 82* when I walked out of the house this morning :#  #gonnabeahotone
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)