August 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/20

How is it already the end of May?  

Me 32 <3 H 33
TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/20

• @AKuzReve Yes! I'm so tired. My DH went to the gym yesterday and I took a nap. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Loading the player...
  • @AKuzReve Yes!! we were at my parents, and my mom did so much baby-sitting. Yesterday near the end of the day I was yawning and she was like, you slept late, and rested in the middle of the day, what else can I do so that you're not so tired. I was like nothing, this is just the pregnancy.
  • Yuuuup. I basically spent all weekend on the couch à la first tri.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• +1 to the exhaustion train
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• So extra super duper random. I have not had a manicure since my sister's wedding in October of 2015. This weekend we were at my parents, and my BIL is getting married on Memorial Day. So my mom treated me to a gel manicure on Friday. (She paid for it, and baby-sat during, she's amazing.)
    Well, before I was married I used to get manicures all the time, it's amazing how much 3+ years affects what we're used to. I'm back to how I was when I was new to them. Constantly aware of it, and worrying about it chipping. Which I know is unlikely since that's the point of gel.
    Anyway - I had mango for lunch, and now I have mango strands stuck in my teeth, and I'm scared to get them out with my nail, because I don't want to mess up my manicure. This is annoying.
  • @wabash15 I was thinking “but I always have a morning snack”... although now it’s more like a second breakfast.  
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019 I need to start packing more food because I've been having those sad days where I eat my entire lunch before lunch and there is no way I'm making it to dinner...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• cato99cato99 member
    @mrosek91 I love pedicures but am hopeless with manicures. I get that same paranoia about chipping, and DO chip them. I've never done gel or acrylic though, because the idea of having to go for a separate appointment to get them off makes me even more paranoid--what if I can't schedule it and don't make it in and spend the rest of my life with ever-growing fingernails tipped with gel trailing along the ground? (a very healthy and reasonable fear)
  • @cato99 when I used to be a regular manicure going person, I used to rarely get gels, I really only get them for weddings or other occasions, where a chip would be really annoying. But when I do get them I buy the removal wraps from a drug store, they're basically pads soaked with extra strong removal, and you have them sit on your nails for a few minutes, and then the gel peels off. They destroy your nails, but are so much easier and cheaper than going in to get the stuff removed, and your nails typically recover within a week or two.
    Now pedicures I have never understood. I have this irrational thing about other people touching my feet, I don't even like DH touching them. The only time I ever got a pedicure was for my wedding.
  • I'm going to try to plan a babymoon for like, less than a month from now. I'm not sure where to go. I really want to go to Chicago with just me and H. The two times we've been we have had our kids with us. So we didn't get to do much. But it's a 12ish hour drive. So we'd need like 5 days. I had planned on 4 days. And the kids hopefully would be in headstart by then. And idk that I'd want to put them in headstart then immediately leave them for 5 days. And if they aren't in headstart by then idk if anyone would want to watch them for a full day
  • +1 to the tired train. The first trimester, I was fine but this second one is kicking my butt!
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    +1 to being exhausted. I think I had a brief spell of feeling good but I was getting nauseated on my way home from work and just want to rest now. But hey, I’m following midwifes orders so....
  • Every night I'm awake from around 130 until 4, then my alarm goes off at 450. My preg-somnia has gotten worse with each one and this is just mean. I keep debating what to do...not much can be done quietly around here and I know I should keep trying to sleep, but after weeks of this, I feel like I'm wasting awake time by just laying here. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Glad I’m not alone in the exhaustion but I feel sorry for all of us haha. I woke up at like 5 with a huge contraction and then had to pee. Then woke up at 7 with a leg cramp. It was fun! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @Allycat11 I love being in the pool when pregnant... I hate getting out when I feel all the weight come back. Good luck with the appointments today.
    @sourlemon I feel you on the insomnia... its been bad lately. I've been practicing hypnobirthing and listening to some of the relaxation techniques seem to help get me back to sleep.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• I thought we had a May symptoms thread, but I don’t see it...

Anyhow, I’m not impressed with how this constant heartburn has snuck back into my life (cue super early pregnancy flashbacks as this is always one of my very first symptoms). My esophagus is only happy when I’m eating, but my skin is like “please put down the food, I don’t know how much more I can stretch”. 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    We had a really nice patient this morning and he gave us al BOG’s for a meal at Chick-fil-A. So guess what this pregnant girl is chowing down on! What nice treat from a random stranger!
  • +1 for exhaustion.

Since this is our first, DH has been taken by surprise at exactly how tolling pregnancy can be on a persons body. I remember being tired in the first trimester and being tired and thinking "wow they aren't kidding, this is tiring" and then learning it all comes back 3rd tri and here I am again thinking "wow, they aren't kidding". I wish midday naps were a thing!
  • @sourlemon - If you have it in your budget, I've been filling those preg-somnia periods with Audible books. Worst case: I make 2-3 hours progress in a book, Best Case: I am asleep in 30-ish minutes.

Definitely there with the exhaustion. DAMN. Like I didn't have a lot of it (maybe 2 weeks in 1st Tri), but it is hitting me this week.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Agree on the exhaustion coming back. I overall just feel like I'm not sleeping well.

Sciatica nerve pain also hit me yesterday when I got home from work. I felt it first in my left butt cheek and it started shooting down my left leg. It actually hurt more to stand than to sit (I couldn't stand longer than 5-10 minutes). Also, I'm getting an upper respiratory infection...yayyyy

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hemlheml member
    Right there with you ladies on the tiredness and heartburn. 

@mrosek91 Per your suggestion on a previous thread, I’ve started listening to the Birth Hour. Hearing a variety of stories is definitely helping my anxiety. Thanks for the rec!!!
  • I was thinking I wasn't tired but I took a 2 hour nap today.  Had to peel myself out of bed to get things done. 
  • YEA daily naps are almost a necessity now... and still in bed by 9 most nights
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019 have you talked to your OB about it?  Mine just put me on 20mg Pepcid twice a day and it’s helped so far!
  • I also second Pepcid @thirdtimesacharm2019, though if it's getting bad enough, Zantac is safe to use once in the 3rd trimester (it is possibly safe earlier, but only Pepcid has been thoroughly studied in early pregnancy). Since I'm still hazy on the 3rd Tri date (27w? 28w?), I'm waiting until next week to switch from Pepcid to Zantac, but I'm pumped because Zantac seems to work better/longer for me.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• mkrelmkrel member
    Ok ladies, help me out here.  Have you ever caught your husband telling a white lie?  Some could say it was completely harmless and had good intentions without getting into the whole story and context.  I don't know if I'm overreacting but I basically told him a lie is a lie, it doesn't matter the intention and it makes me question the honestly of everything else he ever has said/says. He has apologized profusely and admitted it was dumb and explained his rationale, but I'm having a hard time shaking it.  Why even lie over something so little? And I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out if I have lied over anything "harmless" lately. Thoughts? Do you ever fib to your husband?
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    @mkrel I feel that this is going to be very individual for everyone. Because of experience, I have zero tolerance for lies. White or any other color. Absolutely zero. And my husband knows this, and knows why. And he knows, because of our relationship experiences, that our relationship depends on our truthfulness and honesty even about the little things. That said...if he’s not one to make lying a habit, I tend to choose to give the benefit of the doubt first. Is there some inner insecurity in him about what he lied about? I try to get into peoples heads so I can understand....
  • aukeevaukeev member
    edited May 2019
    @mkrel It's tough to say without knowing the lie or the reasoning, but I honestly think it depends on the circumstance. Was it a forgetful lie (like something he could have legitimately forgotten, and just said something that it probably was)? A fib to spare your feelings (I think this is when I catch DH in a white lie - he'll try to spare me from a rude or unnecessary comment from his mom/grandma or something like that)? Especially for the latter, I tend to be pretty forgiving, mainly knowing it's because I would have done the same thing. 

ETA: The level of innocence/genuine good intention behind a white lie is the important factor, in my opinion.
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @emqbee No insecurity really in him really, but I think overall during pregnancy I tend to be a little insecure overall which probably adds to my reaction.
    To make a long story short- I am a worrier (former ER nurse that saw too many worst case scenarios) and he generally tells me when he gets to work each day so I don't stress that he made it safely.  He forgets a lot though and because of that installed GPS on him on my phone completely unprompted by me so I can see where he is anyway in case he forgets to tell me he made it.  He texted me letting me know he was there, but then someone ended up rear ending him, so he called and I found out he told me he was there when he clearly was not there yet.  He said he knows I worry and it took him longer than usual this am because he grabbed food for the staff so when he was at a stop light he just texted me so he wouldn't forget and I wouldn't worry because I had a busy morning. I just don't get why instead of saying he was there he wouldn't have said- running behind because I grabbed breakfast or just not said anything because I can see where he is anyway.  It was just weird and really rubbed me the wrong way. 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    @mkrel with more of the backstory I can kind of understand. Also feel the need to clarify, my zero tolerance is between me and spouse, I totally tell white lies all the time outside of the two of us o:)
    I can speak to the feeling more insecure during pregnancy. And there's been times I've had to step back, remind myself that I probably shouldn't react/respond right now and give it a day or two and see if I still feel as strongly about it...most times, I wind up letting it go and realize that 'my hormones were inflamed.' I can understand sending the message early, I've done that, just so I don't forget. In this case, I think I'd be pissed about the lie but it would be overshadowed by being grateful it wasn't more than just a fender bender....