TTC After a Loss
Options

May Randoms

Re: May Randoms

• Options
    Sorry you're going through this @kimmer1412 but yes, sounds normal to me. My 1st mc was natural and shortly after the bleeding tapered off, I started bleeding again with lots of clots. 
  • Options
    @splashmountain -- Re you question about labs and progesterone. A lot of the clinical studies I have read have highlighted the difficulty (or impossibility) of getting a true idea if the body is producing enough progesterone, and progesterone fluctuates not only throughout the month but even throughout the day so any test will just provide a snapshot in a particular momento in time and not a full picture. If you are sure you are staring it over you are ovulating, progesterone is widely considered to be a "can't hurt, can only help" solution -- without any serious side effects. For me at least, it eliminated the spotting I was consistently experiencing for up to 4-5 days before the start of my cycle which was probably being caused either by progesterone prematurely dropping off or just too much estrogen. I didn't do any labs to get the levels, but the supplementation resolved my issue.
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    Personal assistant to one 10 year-old fur baby (cat, pictured).
    Human baby #1 EDD Feb 11, 2020
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
    BFP December 7, 2018 - CP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kaeineurope Agreed about the progesterone.  I believe this is why my RE performed an endometrial biopsy on me instead of the blood test or whatever that's oftentimes used.  The biopsy is supposed to give a better overall picture of progesterone, rather than just a snapshot in time.
  • Options
    @kaeineurope thanks for explaining that to me, I didn't realize it was so difficult to get an accurate result. From lurking around tb I've seen people post "my progesterone level was xyz" and I thought, how on earth are we going to know if I need it if we don't test, although I have heard the "can't hurt" comment before, so while I wasn't exactly worried, I was confused why she wouldn't just order labs. Luckily she did decide I should do some blood work, not progesterone but cd3 labs, so I'm happy that we're moving forward with that. 
  • Options
    Talk to me about D&C, I found out today my miscarriage was incomplete and I have to have a D&C on Friday. The doctor I'm seeing is awful and disappeared before I could get all my questions answered. Wish I had done this to start with since it was the end result anyway. 
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 I found my d&c’s to be super easy. The workup to the procedure lasted longer than the actual procedure itself. I didn’t have a lot of pain afterwards except from the catheter. i also didn’t have a lot of bleeding, it was medium flow for a day or two and then just light bleeding for a couple of weeks. I was up and moving fine the next day. The longest part was waiting to stop bleeding. 
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 sorry, I remember feeling like everything was just being dragged out when I found out mine was incomplete and I was going to need the D&C. The good news is mine was also fairly simple. It was a same day surgery procedure under general anesthesia. I was sore for about a day and bled lightly for about a week. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited May 2019
    @kimmer1412 Agree - the procedure is very easy. You get an IV, they take you in and you wake up when it's done. I bled for a couple weeks, but since you have probably already been bleeding, I would think it would be less for you. Sorry you're dealing with. I've had retained tissue times, and it makes it so much harder to move on.

Eta: spelling
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 I also had an easy time with my D & cs.  I’ve had 3 and each one was easy. The first one I bled more than the other two.  Sorry this is dragging on for you 
  • Options
    40momma40momma member
    @kimmer1412 I'm sorry this is dragging on for you. My last loss was a d&c and I dreaded it. The lead up to it was the worst part just waiting for the unknown. But they put me under general anesthesia and after I woke I was able to go home about 30 min later. I had bleeding for a few days after then it stopped for a few days and came back with big clots, then stopped again. I didn't feel any pain. 
    Sorry your doctor is a jerk, mine is too. But the nurses and doctors that performed the d&c were all great. 
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 I haven't had a d&c so no advice, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you have to go through this. Sorry your doctor is a jerk and good luck with your procedure
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Glad everyone had easy procedures although after bleeding for 2 weeks I'm not looking forward to another couple weeks of that. 
  • Options
    kimmer1412 Mine was pretty easy also. I didn't bleed almost at all.  I was extremely tired afterwards, so be prepared for that.  Also, several days after the procedure when I had my energy back, I was feeling pretty good and almost no pain, so I decided to dig up my sweet potatoes.... BIG mistake!  The twisting and everything gave me serious, intense pain for several days afterwards.  So, don't try to do too much, too soon!!!  
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    @kimmer1412 I’m sorry you’re going through this, I hope Friday goes well for you. I’ve had two and just like everyone else said, the procedure itself was easy bc I was asleep. Just take it easy after. 
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 don't have any personal experience to chime in here with but just wanted to say sorry you are going through this and hugs to you. Impatient doctors who don't make themselves available to answer questions or put you at ease are the worst. I hope you can find someone better.
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    So we went to a concert with some friends last night and one of the couples is about 15 weeks pregnant.  It’s her 2nd.  She had to have fertility treatment for the first but not this one.  She complained the whole night and how it would be more tolerable if she could drink.   I know she remembers how hurtful these comments are but yet she did it and I was so annoyed because I would have much rather given up my drink for a healthy pregnancy.  At the beginning of the night she was talking about how she stopped talking to her sister in-law bc she just kept complaining about not being pregnant and SIL doesn’t try it just has happened and my friend says it’s just so hard to listen to that when so many struggle to get pregnant and SIL isn’t struggling bc she really isn’t trying.  I told my DH bc I’m not sure I can hang out with them again while she is pregnant. She clearly understands based on SIL comments. Just annoying.  I think it bothered me a bit more since I know my journey is about over.  
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    @Mack2342 Ugh, that is so annoying! How
    quickly people forget everything they went through when they get what they want! I would probably stop hanging out with her too!
  • Options
    @Mack2342 I totally get it. **tw pregnancy** My pregnant sil has had 2 losses, just like me. And right before she got pregnant this time, we all joined ww, so she had to stop for her pregnancy. My sister and I have been doing great with our weight loss and every time we see sil she says "ugh you guys are getting sooo skinny while I just keep getting fatter and fatter". She knows how it is. She's been there. Heck, when our other sil was ku and complaining we used to roll our eyes and say how we'd give anything to be uncomfortable like that. How easy people forget when they aren't the ones struggling anymore. I'd totally give up my 43 pound weight loss for a healthy take home baby. Sorry your friend sucks, mack.
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 hope your d&c went well today. Mine was almost three weeks ago and like everyone said it was pretty easy. I had light bleeding for about a week but no cramping or pain
  • Options
    @char245 and @splashmountain thanks for the support.   It is annoying.  I will likely not see her.   There shouldn’t be any reason to have to.  
  • Options
    @Mack2342 I'm glad it will be easy to avoid seeing her. Doesn't sound like someone i'd like to be around right now either!

Ladies - I got my full RPL blood panel back today and i'm so happy to say I do not have Celiac disease (cause, you know, I live in Italy and that would suck...) , I have had CMG and Toxoplasmosis so if I ever manage to get KU I can eat my heart out and everything else looks good. So it's just down to my thyroid now and if we want to treat with levothyroxine or go straight to Clomid. I'm leaning toward getting my TSH levels down.
    Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    40momma40momma member
    @Mack2342 sometimes people just suck. I've found myself getting more vocal with things like that and it feels good but I know it's hard to do. 
  • Options
    40momma40momma member
    @kimmer1412 thinking of you today and hope you're recovering well
  • Options
    @40momma typically I do say something but for whatever reason I didn’t last night.  Maybe I was trying to protect myself a bit and not start crying at the concert.  I really wanted to enjoy the concert 
  • Options
    kimmer1412kimmer1412 member
    edited May 2019
    @emlettuce and @40momma thanks for thinking of me today! Everything went well and I am home resting, no pain and medium flow that she said should let up quickly. 
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 glad everything went well and you are home recovering 
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    @kimmer1412 I'm glad the procedure went well. Sending hugs.  <3
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 glad everything went well!
  • Options
    I just had a mini meltdown! I went to health information to see if I could pick up my lab results from my cd3 labs I did Saturday and they said "just the thyroid?" Uh...no there were 5 tests on there and she said she only saw the one so of course I was irritated thinking I'll have to wait another month for testing. So I went over to the lab and asked the tech to check out my chart and see if all the others got skipped and he said they're there, they're just send outs so they won't show up in HIM's system until results are in. Whew, I can chill now!
  • Options
    @splashmountain - Glad that all was OK in the end! I'm always so anxious too about waiting for the results, and it's so much to keep track of and i'm always afraid I am / they are forgetting something. 

I have my appointment with the senologist today, then (FX) no more testing for me for another 3 weeks. :::whew:::

Me, 35, SO 35.
    BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
  • Options
    *tw lc mentioned*

There's a flu like bug going around DS's preschool. He hasn't gotten it (thank goodness) but he still managed to give it to DH and me. We're home today barfing and whining about it 😒
  • Options
    Ugh @splashmountain.  Hope you feel better 
  • Options
    tyrion_tyrion_ member
    @splashmountain Ugh that is the worst. Hope it’s a quick bug for both of you. Also, I love your username. That’s my favorite ride of all time. 
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    Ugh @splashmountain that sounds miserable. Fx you and YH recover quickly! 
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I think the worst of it is over, we were both able to keep down some toast and haven't thrown up for a while. On a positive note, my weigh in this week is going to be fantastic  :D
  • Options
    Hope you’re doing better today @splashmountain. Those daycare/preschool germs are no joke!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    char245char245 member
    Ugh @splashmountain that sounds awful!!!! I hope you’re feeling better today!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    **WARNING - RANT**

So, yesterday I stayed home from work sick. I was much better today so I went to work and the first words out of one of my coworker's mouth was "you were home puking yesterday, you must be pregnant!" Got I wanted to hit her. People suck. I just gave her my resting bitch face, said nope and walked away.

And now I was baking cookies for a different coworker's last day of work and knocked over my mixing bowl with half my cookie dough in it. 

I should just go over to ttgp and re intro so I can participate in throat punch Thursday because I've got a few  :D
  • Options
    char245char245 member
    @splashmountain ugh what a crappy day!! People suck! I hope today is a better one <3 and at least it’s Friday!!