August 2019 Moms
Options

Monday B*fest 5/13

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: Monday B*fest 5/13

• Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    @Allycat11 have you ever asked her why she doesn’t visit more often? Has she always tended to be selfish? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mkrel she has always been very selfish but is completely unaware of it. I have called her out on her lack of involvement numerous times and her excuse is that she is just so busy. She really is the busiest retired person I know but everything she does is her choice. Once a week she visits her parents, the rest of the time she is tied up with sporting events, geocaching with friends, brunch or coffee dates, random events/fundraisers at the university she attended, volunteering at a childrens garden at the university, etc... She regularly insults her friends/family members who are busy seeing their grandkids every week. For years I tried to make an effort for her to be close to my family but eventually decided it was not worth it. I keep my distance now but when crap like this happens it still stings. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    edited May 2019
    Sorry @Allycat11. 😞  it is clearly a matter of her priorities and I agree, even if you chose to keep your distance, it still hurts. 
  • Options
    agpandmeagpandme member
    edited May 2019
    @Allycat11 You likely already know this.  People make time for what is important to them.  Her being "busy" is not an excuse for anything.  She is making time for what is important to herself. 

My sister (O) does the same thing and its why I haven't spoken to her in nearly a year.  Family is not her priority even though she has a 1.5 year old daughter and I'm not going to be a part of her life if she doesn't want to be a part of mine.  I don't get to see my niece (sisters choice) which shatters my heart because family is everything to me.  My other sister (M) has been trying to give our sister (O) a chance to make a change. She was invited this past weekend to attend my other nieces (Ms kid) birthday party.  A week before sister O said she "accidentally" booked a horse show on the same day even though they made these plans months in advance.  So she (O) didn't show up to the party.  She has done this same stuff to me (including saying she would pick me up on her way to see our dying father but bailing last minute and ditching her infant daughter every other second so she can ride or go to a horse show. She once left her for 3 weekends in a row and only saw her at night for those 3 weeks M-F because she was busying riding) for several years until I finally let her go.  Anyway enough about my silly sister!.  Family is great! 
  • Options
    Also...wedding this saturday and the forecast says 90% rain! Its a beautiful setting over looking the ocean on a sea cliff in a field with a barn.  I need to get a new umbrella I suppose. 
  • Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 Congrats on your review! Its always good to be recognized for being outstanding.  I am sorry to hear about your grandma.  Perhaps it is time for someone to talk to her about not driving anymore for her own safety as well as others.  

My wednesday bitch is that I just ran into a friend of mine at the store.  We had a long conversation about each others families and stuff. One thing she said really disturbed me. She noted that she sees my niece (18 months old) with literally EVERYONE except her own mother.  This niece belongs to the sister I do not speak to because of the way she treats her family members and because of how she is so disconnected from her own child.  To hear that nothing has changed and this baby is still out and about with whomever my sister chooses to watch her is just not okay.  That baby should be with her mom but my sister is too busy living her own life.
  • Options
    aukeevaukeev member
    My Thursday bitch is that the hierarchy at my agency is ridiculous. We're an agency of 500+ employees, so it's necessary to a certain degree, but it also causes so much unnecessary internal drama. 

My direct supervisor is my unit director, and her supervisor is our entire department director (then CEO is above her). My direct supervisor can't stand our department director, and is insistent that my team not have any voluntary contact with our department director.

Yesterday I attended a professional development conference on some major changes coming to Facebook (I'm a social media/communications manager) and our department director was supposed to attend, but got pulled into another meeting and had to miss it. I pass her office to get to mine in the mornings, so she caught me on my way in and asked how it was. We discussed and she mentioned it would be great if I could find some conferences/webinars/other opportunities to get ahead of the curve. Afterward I sent a list of some training opportunities I would like to pursue to stay abreast of the update. I copied my direct supervisor, because she requires we copy her on all communication with our department director. She then came into my office and told me not to talk to or email our department director about those kind of things, even after I explained it was just following an in-person conversation we just had. 
  • Options
    @oklahomak ugh. How childish! And it’s your supervisor so what can you do?!
  • Options
    I think this is week 4 of the roofing saga. Although the noise has subsided a bit, apparently the “best” (read cheapest) way to remove layers of old tar is with gasoline. I can smell it in my office. And I don’t have a laptop so I cannot easily move. If I wasn’t swamped I’d just take the rest of the day off. Ugh. 
  • Options
    aukeevaukeev member
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 Yep. It's just ridiculous that two women in their 40's are still so immature.

They have to remove the tar with gasoline?! That is insane (and also seems like it would be a fire/toxic chemical hazard?)!
  • Options
    @oklahomak it’s pretty crazy. And this roofing crew looks like your classic Marlboro man... hoping one doesn’t light up a cigarette 🔥 
  • Options
    aukeevaukeev member
    @mkrel I hope they carry good insurance...
  • Options
    MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited May 2019
    @Allycat11 - Are you sure our mother isn't the same person!?

Mine has been retired for nearly 20 years. TWENTY. (one of the few perks of military life) I've only recently seen her more than once a year because I told her she needs to shit-or-get-off-the-pot as far as her relationships with my sister and me. She goes on 4-6 cruises a year - and mainly places she's already been to numerous times - and is overly involved in her local yacht club Which is a glorified redneck yacht club with some middle- and upper-middle class members, no true "yachts" (this is said tongue-in-cheek because mom grew up in a two-worker household and both parents were public servants because that's what was required to support raising the 4 kids in New England). Anyway, the ONLY time we were able to see her is if WE go down to her place in Florida. That's a 16-hr drive for my sister and 9-ish for me and we both have young children. And her boyfriend is awful and a total mooch (he made a comment one year that the electric bill was going to be "so high" for the one week that we were all there for Christmas; shut up, bozo, you don't pay for shit as it is with your no-income-having self), so add that to everything, we had to put our collective feet down.

Well, fast forward to now and the impending birth of granddaugther #4, and she's asking when she can come to help out/visit. I had to figure out her cruise schedule (DR for the 3rd time in 2 years and PR again) plus her schedule for some regional Yacht Club gathering [eye roll] and we settled on somewhere around Halloween. I'll be having a RCS on 8/9 or 8/14. By 10 weeks, life will have normalized :| Anyway, I offered to break my "rule" about no visitors within the first month and suggested she come the 3rd full week of August. Thankfully, she's coming alone so it should be somewhat enjoyable and DH will have gone back to work so it'll give me some companionship so I don't climb up the walls like last time :) FX it's a smooth visit.

ETA: So TL;DR: mom is retired and fully capable, but I have to work around her "busy" schedule to come up for a visit to meet her newest grandchild.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @MamaK225 I put my dad on travel restrictions from mid July to mid August because he’s the only family we have in town to help with the older boys. He would probably schedule something and not even think about it. As for DHs parents, I’ll be surprised if they see the kid before he’s five years old. Their loss. My kids really got shafted in the grandparent department. 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear @thirdtimesacharm2019, but glad you have your dad for such great support. I remember reading about his help and support in another thread a long time ago and he reminds me so much of my FIL, however, he lives 1000+ miles away (and me and DH keep trying EVERYTHING to get him to come out this way). It is really tough being on an "island," far away from family.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)