September 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• @mamaber2204 That was the universe telling you to get the burger and fries next time!!
    Sorry about the bummer lunch though  :(
  • @kiddiesandkitties we are snack twins I also had apple cheese yogurt and Chee its in my lunch today! And I also blew through them in five minutes.
  • Loading the player...
  • If we’re talking about regular chips, the kettle cooked chips are the best. Specifically the Cape Cod brand (but any would suffice in a bind). I don’t even know why you would want to put any of those other chip imposters in your mouth!! Ridges, Lays, Pringles, whatever...bleyyyyych. So nasty!!
  • @lillywonderland UO: I don’t really like cape cod chips. Utz salt and vinegar are my chip of choice. 👌🏻
  • @kiddiesandkitties Oh hellllllllll naw, woman!! NO!! S&V chips are all kinds of nasty!
  • calliahcalliah member
    This thread makes me hungry 
  • Chips are my all time fav food! I have to say I prefer regular to kettle cooked! Utz brand kills the flavor game IMO 
  • 5:30 am and you all have me craving chips now 🤨. 

My guilty pleasure chips are the Ruffle sour cream and cheddar ones. I also love the Cape Cod sweet and spicy jalapeño ones. @lillywonderland omg, you don’t like salt and vinegar chips?? I don’t know if we can be friends now!! 🥺
  • @lillywonderland @themadcamel I looooove Salt and Vinegar chips! We can still be friends with Lilly. More S&V chips for us! lol
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Salt& vinegar chips from Jimmy John's are to die for!
  • I have to side with lilly on this one. I can't do S&V chips either. I could kill some ruffles with french onion dip though... yyuummmmmm
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    S&V chips are my go to if there's no dip around lol.

Top the tater right here! I thought it was gone but I think DH just hid it on me lol. Yum!

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• I had 20 minutes to go, get lunch, get back and eat it between meetings today.  The only option within range was a super greasy pizza-by-the-slice joint.  I have zero regrets (at least until the heartburn kicks in).  It was SO good.  
  • I was good all week so today was my cheat day. I went to a place called Wieners Gone Wild and had a giant plate of walking taco tater tots SOOO GOOD
  • @duewithpu2 OMG the name by itself is amazing.  Please tell me it's the male version of Hooters and the waiters are running around shirtless wearing too-tight pants.  ALSO WTF are walking taco tater tots (also sounds dirty, lol)?
  • @duewithpu2 I'm gonna need more details on all of this.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• edited May 2019
    @mamaber2204 @zuuls_mom I wish it was as wonderful as you made it seem, but unfortunately the wild wieners are just gourmet hot dogs haha. Do you guys not have walking tacos? They are snack size Dorito bags stuffed with nacho cheese, taco meat, lettuce, and tomato! My lunch was basically a bed of tater tots topped with all of that! 
  • OMG I have been missing out! I need that in my life. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• edited May 2019
    @zuuls_mom walking tacos are a birthday party staple around these parts!! Highly recommend lol
  • @duewithpu2 Well that sounds amazing!  Thanks for the info!
  • Twist cone with cherry dip for the wiiiiin tonight!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Went to the local Mexican restaurant with a few friends to celebrate a birthday tonight. They all ordered churros and margs; I got a huge delicious burrito for second dinner 
  • I blame ya'll for me sitting here working my way through a whole bag of chips. 
  • Every time I get so excited for something that I think I want, I get so disappointed once I start eating it. Sad story. 
  • @duewithpu2 that is a fantastic name for a hot dog place. And now I want (need?) a weiner!!
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @blitzybee I've been that way with watermelon! It sounds soooooo good but then I finally get some and it's disgusting. 
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Anybody else read this thread title and think: "what isn't my pregnant self eating?"
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @phillyftm Haha yes! I seriously could eat anything and everything. 

• DH is playing “tour guide” to some big wigs at work and they brought him a package of fancy-ass macarons. We split 4/5 of them and he let me have the last one all to myself. It was fancy and delicious!! I felt like I was back in Paris!
  • @lillywonderland LOL at "fancy-ass macaroons"  :):):) 
  • cheshyre319cheshyre319 member
    edited May 2019
    Totally cut up and am eating my way through an entire watermelon. No guilt. No shame. Absolutely counting it as part of my water intake. 

What is ridiculous is my brain trying to convince me that I need mac and cheese to go with. 🙄

• @cheshyre319 yum!! I craved watermelon soooo much when I was pregnant with my son. I think I ate a whole watermelon every week. 😂 My husband became quite the watermelon chopping pro. No guilt! It’s delicious. Enjoy! 
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @cheshyre319 and @septoctkids The watermelon cravings! I think watermelon is the only thing I've truly craved so far. But every time I eat it it tastes like shit 🤨
    *TW* TTC history

• @LJMoon6 it's not in season yet though! Just wait. They will be soooo good in a couple of months.
  • @cheshyre319 @septoctkids @LJMoon6 I'm shocked I haven't craved Watermelon yet! Maybe my body is just waiting for it to come back into season lol. With DS though, I craved it SO badly. It was actually my first craving (before I even got my BFP). I was at the store and walked past the pre-cut stuff and could not stop thinking about it so I grabbed some. I thought about it the entire drive home, inhaled it in about 2 min and moaned with pleasure while eating it hahaha. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @blitzybee I do that more often than I'd like to admit 
  • @blitzybee that's how I eat peanut butter