June 2019 Moms

how much weight have you gained?

2»

Re: how much weight have you gained?

• 12 lbs at 33 weeks. My belly is measuring small but baby boy is exactly where he should be measuring ☺️
  • 30 lbs at just over 30 weeks, fundal height and baby measuring right on track and Dr is good with my weight gain. I'm very petite so she anticipates about 35/40 lbs total, same with DD1. I gained 42 with her
  • Loading the player...
  • wisehwiseh member
    As of this morning I’ve put on ~37lbs. Fundal height is right on track but I’ve got a significant amount of swelling and this babe is already ~7.5lb, so I have no doubt that I will lose most of this weight in the first couple of weeks after birth as the fluid retention disappates. 
  • 25.5lbs at 31 weeks.  Trying so hard to stay within the recommended 25-35. I do tend to retain water, which contributes significantly. I started this pregnancy still with about +10lbs from #2 and was on the high side of a healthy BMI.  

With #1 gained 54-60lbs (thanks to bedrest and just really poor self-care to be honest - terrible diet - was young and had never struggled with my weight so I wasn't watching it), with #2 started 5 lbs heavier but still within my normal range, and gained 43lbs (did exercise, but not as much as I would have liked d/t extended work hours).  

Not diabetic. Just giant babies and this is apparently how my body does pregnancy. Diet is really not helpful for me. The key is exercise but I'm so tired, and on week 3 of pneumonia recovery.... :-/

Sorry, just complaining!

• I'm right about 19 pounds at 32 weeks. I started this pregnancy 10 pounds heavier than my last b/c of some thyroid issues but my ob is literally on my case for every pound I gain. She told me at one of my last appointments that she didn't really want me to gain anymore weight. I almost told her she was crazy especially since I'm in the last 7 weeks before c-section date. With my son I ended at 25 pounds total. I am about 40 pounds overweight to begin with so I've been trying to be careful.

I just wish my ob would focus more on the fact that my blood pressure is great, my swelling has been much better this time, my glucose test was at the low end of the range and that I've only put on about 20 pounds. It's like I'm terrified any time I gain a pound. As long as baby is healthy and I'm being as healthy as I can, she should focus on that. There's only so much I can do! ok... end rant! lol
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • wisehwiseh member
    Oh gosh @Griffin5413 that’s so annoying your OB is so on your case about weight! 😞 I only know my weight because I’ve been weighing myself weekly at home. Haven’t been weighed at the doctor’s since 25 weeks and I was “obese” before I got pregnant (222lb at 5”9’)
  • tkbmamatkbmama member
    I'm at 15 lbs at 35w+2 days. Doctor said I was only supposed to gain 11-15 lbs togal due to my bmi being on the borderline or obese (by 1 lb) when I got pregnant. Went in yesterday and she said my weight was perfect and that I shouldn't be gaining anymore weight. Umm yeah whatever that's not happening this baby is huge! And by that I mean all legs and arms like me and my husband. 
  • @wiseh & @tkbmama - that's pretty much the same boat I'm in. It's like, yes I already know I weigh more than I should at this point but I'm pregnant now so let's just figure out the best way to move forward. Rather than make me feel bad about every pound let's focus on how my body is responding to being pregnant. There's only so much you can do and I shouldn't spend my entire pregnancy stressed out about every little thing. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have legit gained 40lbs and I still have 6-8 weeks left. OB isn’t worried and I feel generally okay but...wowza is it harder to roll over at night!!
  • I have actually lost almost 30 pounds over the entire pregnancy. But my little prince is somehow doing really well. 🤷‍♀️ 
  • 12 lbs at 34 weeks! All tummy here, and baby is great weighing in at 5 lbs
  • 19lbs at the end of my 36th week. 
  • I am super weird, I started out at 206 pounds and at week 37 I am at 203 pounds. I actually lost about 35-40 pounds total. Yet my little buddy is doing fine. The weirdest part is I have GD. So it's all very strange.