December 2019 Moms
Options

Group 2 Check In (DD 12/9-12/16) WO 4/22

fawneyes6422fawneyes6422 member
edited April 2019 in December 2019 Moms
Like group 3 did with group 4, I’ve borrowed group 1’s check in, mostly bc I really dig their GTKY question

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? 

Re: Group 2 Check In (DD 12/9-12/16) WO 4/22

• Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/12 / 6w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green!

Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound in a week! So excited!

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Generally fine, tired more than anything else 

Rants/Raves: Can’t wait to share the news with everyone: only parents, sibs, and my boss know, everyone else is in the dark. It’s a hard secret to keep! But we’re trying to wait till June so 1st trimester is cleared. Also, looking forward to talking to you all! 😊

Questions: None

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? I hope so! We were trying to plan a Mediterranean cruise before we found out, but the vacation conversation has sort of been tabled since the news since we have so many other things to discuss. Work is also a challenge with vacay—it’s just busy times all the time, it’s hard to get away without it causing any problems. Maternity leave should be interesting...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/14; 6wk+4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: I was team green for my first two boys and really considering finding out this time around😳

Upcoming Appointments: 5/02

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): No symptoms so far, but was also really lucky with my first two with no morning sickness either. 

Rants/Raves: Not yet lol

Questions: Any other third time Mom’s worries about it becoming overwhelming!? Some days I’m totally pumped and know I can do it and some days I’m anxious about being outnumbered. Hubby is a firefighter and gone 24-72hrs at a time so I have a lot of alone time with the kiddos!

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? I hope so, not sure where yet! 
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/11 / 7w 0d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out!

Upcoming Appointments: This Friday; 4/26, ultrasound because of my high BP and convos on high risk care for this pregnancy.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): I already feel like a mac truck ran me over but I think it's mostly related to the new BP meds I had to start last week.

Rants/Raves: see above LOl I wont go into it all! 
    Today is my DH birthday so me and the kids will take him to dinner, which means I dont have to cook!

Questions: ladies who have had ultrasounds already did they get it via belly or did they have to do vaginal ultrasound?

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? We have two vacations planned one in June fishin and chilling on the lake and one in July to do some sight seeing. 
    IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/12 6w 6days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  finding out!

Upcoming Appointments: First US May 1

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): crampy, hungry, thirsty, nipples are so sore and this morning woke up to really strange orange blotches on hands and feet 

Rants/Raves: I'm frustrated with my doctor! Not getting information I'm curious about from blood work.

Questions: what's everyones opinion on midwife vs OB? 

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? 
    I was just in Mexico last month (also a worry because of zika) likely wont be going anywhere for a long time. Just trips to the cottage this summer! 
  • Options
    @sdegrootmom3 Our practice does abdominal and t/v this early on; they don't see much on the outside, but check anyway!

Due Date / Weeks + Days: December 13 / 6w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM+

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Definitely finding out!

Upcoming Appointments: We have an u/s and appointment with RE tomorrow, and first appointment with OB on the 30th.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): I am absolutely exhausted.  By mid-afternoon I can hardly keep my eyes open.  Sore boobs and hips, hungry but nothing appeals, heartburn.  Ah, the joys :) I will be an emotional wreck at least until we've received NIPT results.

Rants/Raves:   Starting a new job this week probably hasn't helped with the exhaustion and I'm not super impressed with the management, but I just keep telling myself I'll hopefully be leaving in a few months!  

Questions:

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? We're going to Denmark this summer with the kids.  That's going to be a loooong flight!
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: December 14th /6 weeks+4 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out!

Upcoming Appointments: Friday April 26th I have an exam. May 9th is first ultrasound/heartbeat. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): bloated! Boobs hurt, nausea has eased a bit. 

Rants/Raves: my mom wont stop sending me pictures of onesies she wants to make and other baby stuff! I had a miscarriage last pregnancy and while I'm excited, I'm also cautious still. 

Questions:

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? We want to take our son to the beach. We also have plans to go camping this summer. And my sister is getting married!
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/14 6w 5 days 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: we were team green with the other two but I think we will find out this time

Upcoming Appointments: 1st appt on May 13th, anxiously awaiting. We told our parents and are taking family photos this weekend and if my sign arrives will take a pic to have for announcing to the rest of the world after first tri. Since I haven’t had an appt at all yet this makes me pretty nervous but it was so much harder to try to keep a secret this time around and we are really close (physically also!) to our families.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): exhausted, a little nausea, food aversions kicking in this week and super sore boobs. I also struggle with migraines so not being able to take my prescription for that has left me miserable a few days. 

Rants/Raves: totally with you on becoming a mom to 3, the thought of going out in public terrifies me! @mrsheatherortiz

Questions: none

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? No plans, saving up PTO for mat leave. My H teaches so is off all summer with the kids. We are fortunate to have both sides of the family who have lake homes so we will spend most of our weekends between the two. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Questions: Any other third time Mom’s worries about it becoming overwhelming!? Some days I’m totally pumped and know I can do it and some days I’m anxious about being outnumbered. Hubby is a firefighter and gone 24-72hrs at a time so I have a lot of alone time with the kiddos!

I am not going to lie, I am scared to death. Going from one-on-one to a zone defense as I consider it seems so scary to me haha! I am taking it one day at a time and just praying it is better than I am expecting. But expecting the worst and maybe it will be better haahah! 
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys I am sorry your new job isnt going great, hopefully it will get better for you. I absolutely hate my job right now, so I feel your pain a little.

@sdegrootmom3 My US at 6w3d was T/v

• Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/13; 6w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: totally finding out. I don’t do well with surprises. 

Upcoming Appointments: my third ultrasound on 5/8. I’ve had 2 ultrasounds already to confirm viability given my history and high risk of miscarriage. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): feel like shit. The nausea has been worse this pregnancy. No cravings but the only thing that helps is Sprite. 

Rants/Raves: nothing I can think of. 

Questions: anyone ever not been excited by a pregnancy? This one caught us off guard and I’m still not woo about it at all. 

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? Yes. Beach; maybe some international travel to Europe this fall. 
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: Dec 15

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound tomorrow!

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): tired, sore breast, hair loss, irritability

Rants/Raves: finally preggo after 2 years and 10 months of infertility... And it happened naturally, go figure. 

Questions: what are the best prenatal vitamins? Have you changed your diet? 

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where: nothing planned yet. Just got back from Europe. 
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 14 Dec / 6w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM (lost two from miscarriage and a chem)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green! (Although my tcm took my pulse and said it's likely to be pink!)

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow! Second scan cos my first scan 9 days ago was too early. Praying to see and hear strong heartbeat tomorrow.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): frequent urination (up to pee at least twice at night), sore nips, fatigue, occasional gagging when i smell certain things.

Rants / raves: bit anxious after losing two but taking things easy.. so hard trying not to yawn at work so often cos still hiding this from colleagues till it's stabilized!

Questions: anyone else still testing on their kits? Bit paranoid so i test every 4-5 days or so to get some assurance, thankfully it's been showing up strong so hope it stays this way!

GTKY: Anyone going on vacation this year? If so where? I live in Asia, so likely a small one to a nearby island then maybe to Aussie for a week? They say baby stuff's cheap there!
  • Options
    @mcbaby01 I have a midwife and absolutely love her! She works at the hospital so I still had a hospital delivery but the OB was on standby in the event something happened. My midwife came in the room as soon as contractions started getting intense and didn't leave my side for 3 hours other than to tell the nurses to start prepping the room for delivery. OBs typically come in once you're ready to push. I really appreciated the extra care from her. She also was my biggest advocate in what I wanted. With my first, I had a scare after I was induced and the Midwife that was on duty at the time, as well as the anesthesiologists, tried to push me into getting an epidural, when I told my midwife my perspective of the situation she was very upset and ensured me that she was going to have the others written up for their behavior.

If you're debating between OB or midwife I would encourage you to have a consultation with each and decide which you're more comfortable with. 
  • Options
    @mrsheatherortiz and @klmcguire 

I agree with you both I am scared out of my mind, which is part of the reason it took 2.5 years to decide to have a 3rd.  Then it took 2.5 more to conceive so I am really starting over and love my sleep at night. Plus both my older 2 need to be moved to the basement but we need to finish the bathroom down there first. I am freaking out about how it's all going to get done... some of the "to dos" have been on there for few months...okay, okay....years.

Overwhelming to think how fast (yet slow) these 9 months will go!
    IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    midgerose86midgerose86 member
    edited May 2019
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/09, 8 weeks 3 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM! Freaking out.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green! My inclination was to find out but my partner talked me into waiting. 

Upcoming Appointments: 10-week OB appointment on 5/14 (my 33rd birthday!). I had an ultrasound to confirm due date at 6 weeks 4 days. Test results said everything looked normal, but no comment on heartbeat so guessing they couldn't see one. :( Hoping for a beat at the 10-week!

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Nauseous, tired, only interested in extremely plain foods.

Rants/Raves: Can't WAIT to get through the 1st trimester so that I can tell more people — and hopefully I'll stop Googling miscarriage odds by day. 

GTKY: No vacation plans for me! Lotsssssss of weddings this summer tho, so hopefully I'll be showing enough to avoid people constantly offering me booze.
  • Options
    @sdegrootmom3 and @klmcguire I’m glad we’re not alone! I feel like going from 1 to 2 was an easy decision but #3 (and more) is nerve wrecking! Advice from any pro third time Mama’s are welcomed! 😂
  • Options
    Oh and @Bstevens21 I’m going to be the same going out with three, I’m still nervous about going with the two kids sometimes and making sure they’re all strapped in and close to me at all times lol
  • Options
    Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/14, 7 weeks, 6 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out! But not telling anyone when we do. Our little secret. 🙂

Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound Monday morning! So stoked.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Some morning sickness, but luckily not every day or all day. Been craving red meat and cookie dough and cheese...God bless my wonderful husband who made philly cheesesteak sandwiches for dinner and bought cookie dough ice cream.

Rants/Raves: Coworkers called me out on being pregnant yesterday, lol. Apparently that's what happens when you work in close proximity to 6 other women, and they know your habits. Apparently drinking ginger ale in the morning was the dead giveaway, haha.

Questions: Recommendations for carseats for compact cars? Working with a Prius C.

GTKY: North Carolina to visit my sister in June, and Chincoteague Island for some good connecting time with my husband in July. It'll be wonderful. We also just got back from visiting my parents in Chicago last week. Mom screamed and cried (happily) when I told her.