2nd Trimester

ncarrillo521ncarrillo521 member
edited April 2019 in 2nd Trimester
Read the book “Love Thy Body” 

Re: Gender

• Anyone have a guess as to if this is a boy or girl? Midwife guessed girl but wasn’t positive. I think boy. We have two boys already so imagining having a girl is so strange for me, but exciting! 
    You will not know the gender of a person until he/she identifies as Male or female.  Gender =/= sex.  You ask internet strangers to look at a blob and tell you how it is going to pee and eventually (maybe) reproduce in the future when your midwife couldnt be certain, and yet you override her professional decision.  
    I can tell you that I am 100% correct in saying that you have a 50% chance of having a boy and 100% chance you are having a baby. 
  • I disagree 100% If you let the child decide what gender they are, why on earth would you not let them decide what species they are? Or their age? Why stop at gender, I wonder. Some humans identify as lizards. Some adults identify as children. Some parents call unborn babies as a clump of cells or a “potential life” unless they want to keep the child and in that case they would be identified (by the parent) as a child. I recommend the book “Love Thy Body” by Nancy Pearcey.
  • Loading the player...
  • This thread has been closed to new posts as a result of the shift in topic. To find threads regarding (this topic), we encourage you to use the search function to post to an active thread or start a new discussion.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"