July 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Bitchfest 4/22/19

I can't wait for someone else to start this thread.

I'm f---ing done with my mother in law.  We held Passover at our house on Friday night.  DD is 2.5 y.o. she sat through over an hour of the Seder.  I was incredibly proud of her.  When she got up to play in the living room she asked my permission and I said fine.  I also was okay with her eating in there.  It's my house.  My mother in law came in at least five times to tell DD to come back to the table.  I told her each time that DD is fine and I will stay with her.  

I'm petty.  I decided to announce at dinner that I have a job interview in another state and that my husband is very excited to be a stay at home dad if I get it.  While that is true, it is a long shot and I only did it to upset her.

Re: Weekly Bitchfest 4/22/19

• Options
    @ketomommy Ugh. An hour of essentially adulting is plenty. While I can understand your MIL wanting your DD at the table when it's finally time to eat, like you said, your house, your rules.

Mine for this week (so far): Why is it that some maternity brands only think people size 10-12 and under should be allowed to have cute maternity clothes? Especially since some people that ARE that size or smaller are probably bigger than that during pregnancy. Between that and bridal/vanity sizing, it's like brands want you to feel fat(ter than you are) the two times of your life you're most self-conscious about it...

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 DD usually eats at her table and DH or I sit with her.  Because we had 10 people at the house, I had to move her kids table to another place.  My MIL knew this. 

We are having an ongoing battle because she takes issues with my parenting.  My FIL was a pediatrician who retired in 1991.  Because she was married to a pediatrician, she thinks she knows everything about children. DD is in OT because she is falling constantly and is displaying signs of anxiety.  My MIL asked for my daughter's pediatricians number to call her and tell her why OT is inappropriate. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ketomommy your MIL sounds awful. Why does your H want her around?
  • Options
  • Options
    @ketomommy Oy. Especially with the added context/background, your MIL was even further out of line and needs to take allll the seats.
    Also, if pediatrics and medicine hasn't advanced since 1991, that means my DH can just skip his annual CME requirement, right (kidding, obvi)? JFC that's almost 30 years of advancements and changes.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ketomommy yeah... she can totally take ALL the seats. You are a kinder, calmer, gentler woman than I am and I give you praise for it.

@greeneyedgirl12 ok, the 30 years since 1991 made me feel so old!!!! Then I did the math and I feel worse. I am fully with you on the only smaller/average sized women get to have cute pregnancy bumps and beautiful wedding dresses. The smallest size I have been as an adult is a size 13 and that was after a 4 month long stomach issue where I lost 40lbs because I could not eat. I have started every pregnancy at a size 16 or bigger. Not that I even have stores near me this time around, but the hahahaha maternity section at my local walmart is a joke. If I want a T-shirt (they have 1 in 2 different colors) I'm good. If I want bottoms of any kind I am shit out of luck because even their "plus sizes" don't actually fit. Besides being plus sized I'm tall, so ordering online is not really an option - you don't get free shipping and returns when you live in Alaska, and it is too expensive to order stuff and hope. 
  • Options
    @ketomommy Could you stop allowing her to come over? My MIL also endlessly interferes with my parenting. She adores DS but since we have moved across the country we've so far refused any visits for the past 2 1/2 years. It's been really nice :D 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe we try.  DH is an only child and my FIL died a few years ago.  The amount of guilt and nonsense we put up with makes us give in and invite her.
  • Options
    @ketomommy family drama sucks! Has to be so frustrating to deal with your MIL. 

I believe we are now spending our 1st wedding anniversary weekend moving my SIL out of my MIL's house..MIL passed away two months ago, SIL has been living there trying to sort through her stuff (she hasn't done shit) and now needs to be out by end of May. With my husband working weekends, and the weekends he is home is spent on home projects prepping for baby, it leaves our anniversary the only weekend we can go help her. She drives me insane, she is 50 something years old, she needs to get her shit together. So over it. 

• Options
    @jennm0724 I hear you.  My MIL decided to sell her house right as we got married. She then threw a fit that DH wouldn't help her move, so he spent his first four weekends as a married man at his mom's house.  She just decided to buy a condo and is closing June 1st. He made it clear this time, she needs to pay someone.
  • Options
    gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited April 2019
    @ketomommy I am sorry you had to deal with that over a holiday, that is ridiculous. @jennm0724 is your anniversary this weekend too? Our 1st one is. Hope you guys get the chance to spend some time together.

Long post, because typing it out will help me vent haha.

Apparently it is family drama bitch week, because that is what mine is about too. A few weeks ago I had asked my mom about shower, not anticipating her to throw it, but she had mentioned my aunt said she would. I told her I just needed to get some dates in because our weekends were starting to fill up with some other stuff. She went on this long rant about how grandmothers to be do not throw showers and that she wouldn't throw one. Ok whatever. My sister said she would throw my shower, is super excited to do it and I'm very thankful. Today I messaged my mom and with the guest list not wanting to miss anyone. My parents are divorced and I had invited my dad's mom, she wasn't allowed to be invited to anything when we got married. She was treated so poorly by my mom at out our wedding I doubt she'd even come, just wanted to extend the invite. So after seeing that my mom said to take, her, her friends, and her family off the list and then said that she would throw her own shower and I could come or not. I got really upset, thanks hormones haha, and cried at work, then had to explain why to my boss/office mate which was embarrassing. And now I'm just upset, I had explained it would be unlikely my grandmother would even come and she still had to be mean and petty. Even if she does come, you can't just suck it up for a couple hours, you're not the one having the baby, I am. Also, don't know who would attend a baby shower if the mother of the baby isn't even there. And I know that some moms don't get showers at all, so I'm cognizant of that, I just didn't realize it would be so crazy with my mom.
  • Options
    Had my boys call MIL yesterday for Easter. Bad idea. She fucking told my 8yr old that she was taking him back to Mississippi with her after she comes up to the baby this summer. Then plans to put him on an airplane by himself back home whenever.  First, thanks for running this by us before you get him all excited. 2nd I know some parents are comfortable putting their kids on a plane by themselves but I'm definitely not one of them. And 3rd I don't fucking trust her with any of my kids alone because of her manipulative, emotionally abusive BS that she pulls.

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat Why are all mother in laws this way?

• Options
    @ketomommy I don't know!! But I'm totally jealous of the few who have great MIL's. With the hell that woman has put my family through I'm absolutely terrified of becoming a horrendous MIL myself.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat Not cool, Mine is nowhere near that bad, but she is often thoughtless. In the 6 years we lived near her, she babysat the oldest 1 time (when I was going in the hospital to have the youngest). She has not sent a birthday card or Christmas present since we moved to Vegas. She promised the boys stuff all the time, but never actually sends it to them. 
  • Options
    @ketomommy @nopegoat I'll chime in too. DH tried to set some boundaries with MIL a few months ago about how often we do stuff with them because the requests were getting out of hand, and she went on this tirade about how he was a bad son. He hasn't spoken to his parents since, and now she is trying to get back in with me by sending texts and asked me to go to something with her. I said no, I need to support DH and let him decide when to reconnect. To which she says she hopes he's thinking about how how his behavior is upsetting to them and how they want to be my friend during this time (again, ???). Everything is always about her, even this baby that she told DH he should never have. And if you call her on any of it she cries and guilt trips you. I really just want to move far away.
  • Options
    It's so bad, I told DH that she doesn't need to know when I go into labor or the scheduled c date, let's tell her the day after.

• Options
    Ok, this is probably more of a random, but obv it has me bitching...

There is a black hole in my kitchen and I have lost 1/2 of a 5lb bag of whole bean Black Beard's Coffee :rage: Now I have to buy folgers :rage: because having no coffee is NOT an option.
  • Options
    @ketomommy that is what we are doing. They'll find out AFTER she's already been here for probably a few days. Because I need him focused on me and not replying to the text he will receive from his dad every 30 minutes asking if she is here yet. 
    For my BIL, they went to the hospital and waited while his girlfriend was in labor for like 17 hours. Why? They told us that she was in labor and asked when we were going to get there to wait with them. I was like, WHY? Tell them to call me when they are ready for us to come and visit. Found out he was knocking on the door while she was pushing asking what was taking so long....... ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME? Umm... no wonder the girl (now ex) doesn't like you. 

I got a little snippy on Easter because my MIL was telling me all the things I'm going to "have to do next year." Like the Easter bunny and what not... I'm like yeah, she'll be 8-9 months old. She won't care. We (my hubs and I) will decide what traditions we will have for OUR family. You had your time with your kids, now leave me be. She still gets me and my husband, BIL, and all the grandkids an Easter basket every year. I take the candy home and throw it away every year. I don't want it. And I don't think my kid needs TWO. It will ruin the magic. 
  • Options
    Holy crap, I feel for all you ladies with MIL drama. I’m so sorry you are deal with it! 

My bitchfest is work... I’m an MRI tech, and I work at an outpatient clinic. We have a total of 3 techs, one for MRI, one for CT, and one for XR. We had one of our techs ask for Monday off a few weeks ago. Totally cool, we’re down to 2 techs. We can handle it. I walked in yesterday only to find out my other coworker called in “sick” and my boss didn’t realize that the 2nd person was already scheduled off. So guess who had to do 11+ MRI’s and 2 walk in XR’s (they turned away many more because I was busy with other exams)... I did it all by myself, at 29 weeks pregnant. No one got my patients, no one changed my table over. I had no lunch break and didn’t get the 2 15 min breaks that we are supposed to get throughout the day. At the end of the day, one of the front desk ladies assumed it would be okay to overload me with some XR’s before asking if it was okay when I was getting ready to go get my last MRI. I broke down and cried. I couldn’t do it. I was in so much pain, SPD pain, SI pain, headache from not eating... on top of it, my OB called to tell me I failed the GD test and now I have to do the 3hr on Thursday. Daycare called, said DD had a horrible rash on her private’s and we needed to come get her. Seriously, horrible day overall. I send my boss an email today about it saying that I was overwhelmed and that I need help and to please try not to do this again, especially while I’m pregnant. He basically said, eff you, the scheduled looked fine to me. No apology for being the only tech. No, here, let’s buy you lunch because you’re all alone. I just felt soooo unappreciated and it made me want to not come in today. As it was, I shed a few tears at the beginning of the day. I’m not sure if it’s because I didn’t want to be here, fear of it happening again, PTSD... I dunno, but I’m so angry that my boss doesn’t support me.  
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 oh man that’s really rough! Even worse to have a boss that doesn’t support you. I’m sorry - hugs mama. ♥️ 

My bitch this week, and usually I try to avoid bitching, is also about my mother in law. I agree it could be a lot worse, but she’s requested that my husband build something for her at her house for Mother’s Day (some kind of enclosure for her trash bins). Her and FIL have been divorced for almost 20 years now so he’s the only “male figure” she has to do those kinds of projects. DH has been working 6 days a week lately so that leaves no day to do it other than Mother’s Day, because he’s golfing the Sunday before. It’s not a small project so it’ll take him the majority of the day..... which will leave me alone on Mother’s Day with DS. I’m slightly annoyed because I feel like she still doesn’t see me as a mom and she thinks she takes precedent on this holiday. I hardly see DH as it is and was really looking forward to having our family together for a “mom-centered” holiday. Ugh. I have half a mind to request she watch DS while DH is doing the construction so I have a little free time to myself.... but I don’t even know if it’s worth getting mad over the potential rejection of that idea. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Options
    @jenniferjoy37 I’m really sorry you had to deal with that. I’m mad for you. Want me to come kick their butt for you? I’ll do it. What’ll they do when a second pregnant lady shows up! Hmmmm?! 

But seriously. If you want to go grab a coffee or ice cream, let me know and you can let off some steam! 
  • Options
    @mamahmh2 surely there is a handyman that can be hired to complete the work. I’d be all, here is the number to someone who can help, but I need my husband back... 
  • Options
    @hakele right?! She just bought this ridiculously big house for just herself and now has no additional funds for the project, so she’s requesting he help as his “gift” to her. And he’s already said he didn’t mind without consulting me, which is some of the annoyance as well. 

Conclusive to this week’s bitchfest: MILs REALLY suck. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Options
    @mamahmh2 Maybe MIL would love some time with DS, worth asking... then you can have a free day! Or, is there an option to spend the day over there? 

@hakele I may have to take you up on that! :) 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 She’s not too big on “babysitting” unfortunately which is why I mentioned the rejection. She’s only done it once in almost 3 years. It might be worth the ask, but it’ll upset me more when she comes up with an excuse. 
    And maybe I’m being the selfish one now, but I really really don’t want to spend my day making weird small talk with her while DH is outside 😂 
    all good solutions to the problem though, but I’d rather just take DS out and spend the day alone if that’s my best option 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Options
    jenniferjoy37jenniferjoy37 member
    edited April 2019
    @mamahmh2 Completely understandable! I guess moms just want to be with their sons no matter how old they are... if your DH is anything like my DH they drop everything for their moms. I’m sure it’ll be a good mother’s day regardless of what happens. 
  • Options
    @gbud630, I’m with you on the seat thing! I literally stick my belly in their faces and everyone pretends not to see me. The people who ever do offer are like 70 year old women and I CANNOT take a seat from them. And normally, whatever. But I’m actually having weird circulation things and my feet get tingly when I stand too long. 

Ive definitely muttered under my breath “yeah... you should definitely cut off the pregnant lady. Go ahead!” 

Also. I had the best MIL. She was quirky but helpful and kind and understood boundaries. I really miss her... it’s my mom that drives me crazy. She’s a mess. 

Also? My parents seem totally underwhelmed about this baby. It didn’t bother me before but it does now. 
  • Options
    @mamahmh2, I’d be grumpy! Can he say “it’s your present which you’ll get shortly after the actual day because we have plans?” 

Also, tell him you want Mother’s Day. That you understand it can’t be the actual day (assuming he won’t push the day of work out), but then your present is the NEXT Sunday, whatever you want. You deserve to be pampered!! 
  • Options
    @gbud630 That's terrible about the subway. I have friends from NYC who complain about the same thing. I just got back from a trip to Europe (babymoon) and it's night and day how they treat pregnant women there. People practically competing to give me their subway seat and when I stood in a long line at a public restroom, the women in front of me ushered me up to the front of the line! Come on, America, we can do better.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tsa208 that is amazing!! Ugh I know it's absolutely absurd, and we can do better. A woman last night said to me 'wow, it's like duck duck goose when you get on the train, they see you and they dash to get a seat'. I'll tell you there aren't enough swear words or eye rolls in this world for me right now
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Happyin14 I'm in the same boat with the MIL's. I'm reading these and sending good vibes to you all because you're having to deal with some crappy MIL experience and I feel for you guys! But my MIL is also great and I love her, it's my mom that I usually have issues with unfortunately. I hope your parents start to get excited for your baby, that stinks.

@mamahmh2 I hope something maybe changes so you get the Mother's Day you deserve with your whole family!
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 @Happyin14 @samanthak46
    thank you all ladies! I appreciate your kind words and helpful suggestions. It’ll all work out and Mother’s Day can wait for me if it has to. 😊

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Options
    I love Poshmark and have had great luck ordering things so far.. until now. I ordered a shirt jacket that I wanted to buy years ago but unfortunately when it came today it was obvious that the person wore it more than she stated, had washed it incorrectly (and shrank it) and misrepresented the measurements. I filed an issue with Poshmark and the woman is arguing that it simply must have wrinkled in shipment.. I'm so irritated. It's like an ill-fitting belly jacket and totally unwearable. I even bought one years ago and returned it for running large and being boxy, so I know I'm not in the wrong but I have no idea if this is going to settle in my favor. 
  • Options
    @gbud630 Ohhhhh I'm a stubborn person.  I would let go of the door and let it hit the people using me as a doorman.  Truth.
  • Options
    😡 so Friday morning I was woken up EARLY by intense Charley horse in my calf. Hurt so bad it was still painful yesterday. 

But I took advantage of the early wakeup to do more labor intensive look with my makeup - takes 20 minutes instead of 5 - and felt super cute most of the day. Took a pic, posted it, and of course my MIL had to post "you don't need makeup you're beautiful without it". 😡 Never said I needed it, I like it. And I have yet to meet the person that when told they don't need makeup actually feels better about themselves, me I end u feeling angry or guilty at being vain and enjoying makeup. I told her to stop telling me "you don't need makeup " all she is doing is making me feel bad. I haven't read her response yet. 
  • Options
    Discovered today our shower has been leaking for an undetermined period of time. Whole master bath will have to be torn up and redone... FML.
  • Options
    OK so in follow up to the MIL saga, yesterday we got a note from DH's godmother saying she hoped our baby was the "joy and the gift we can all share," in some thinly veiled reference to sharing our baby with MIL probably. Um no, he is a person. And he is our son, not our gift to everyone. WTFFFF. These people need to back the fuck up.
  • Options
    @cindler Oh my gosh!! That's terrible news! I hope it ends up being less dreadful than expected.
    @quinniebear They are ridiculous. Sorry you have to deal with that!