July 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 4/8

124»

Re: Randoms w/o 4/8

• Options
    @indulgentgypsy you need your husbands permission to get a tubal???? WTF?! I definitely do not need that. But I think that tubals can be difficult to reverse and a common worry is that a woman *could* end up with a new partner and want more kids & all the other million scenarios they can come up with. I think a vasectomy is a much easier procedure to reverse. 

That being said, I've heard of doctors asking a million times if you're absolutely sure, but I don't think I've ever heard of them refusing to do it no matter the age. @shawnacrest I would keep bringing it up and insisting it is something you want done if you really do! I can't imagine they are legally allowed to refuse something you request. 
  • Options
    @shawnacrest @mamanbebe in regards to a vasectomy, several hospitals have turned my husband away due to his young age and our number of children. They said “you may change your mind!” So it’s not just with women, at least around here (central Virginia). 

I recommend reaching out to your local Planned Parenthood. They were able to give me some recommendations and suggestions of places that may be willing to do the procedure regardless of circumstances. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @shawnacrest I've heard that, which is why I told DH if he wants, he can get the vasectomy but I'm not dealing with the shit women have to go through regarding our own bodies. I pushed out two kids, he can do the second part.  *TRIGGER WARNING*  I had a friend who had a condition that made her lose two babies and she decided she didn't want to try again because of how high the risks were for more miscarriages and even her life. She couldn't find a doctor to do it til she was *35* they said, you're 28, you may want to keep trying. Like, WTF.
  • Options
    My OB has brought up me getting a tubal at my last two appointments saying that if I would like it done during my c section to let them know and it won't add anything to my healing time or process. I'm only 24 and pregnant with twins so I will have three children now. I am not going through with the procedure though. 
  • Options
    @shawnacrest Sadly, what @indulgentgypsy said. I've also had multiple friends be denied because of age/fact they hadn't had kids yet (she was dealing with some severe stuff a tubal would've helped)/etc.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited April 2019
    I can understand hesitation to do an invasive, permanent procedure on a woman who is young AND childless. But after a second baby - she is informed and knows what she wants.

Many early-20's women may plan on being child free but could change their minds in a few years (like I did). But two kids is a normal/common number of kids to have. This is infuriating.

And to think they used to perform this procedure WITHOUT CONSENT on minority and low socioeconomic status women years  ago... WTAF is wrong with our medical system?!
  • Options
    @shawnacrest congrats on your kitten!! Does he/she have a name yet? Soo cute!

It wasn't until #4  (I was 28) that an OB actually brought up the conversation whether I wanted to do anything permanent or not and then this time I was asked as well (31). I get they want to make sure that you are positive because it's a big decision but flat out refusing is pretty ridiculous.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    OMG anyone else's LO like to stick an appendage (I THINK head, but I'm not sure) up when you do ab exercises?

I've gone to the gym 2x this week, first times in 2 months (combo of laziness and thinking I couldn't do much between pregnancy and DeQuervain's tenosynovitis) and both days I've been doing some sit-up-ish thing and all of a sudden there is a roundish-shaped protuberance sticking up from my stomach. It's weird AF and slightly creepy, especially as a FTM. 

My trainer even got to see it today...
  • Options
    I’m going to ask my dr about a tubal at my appt OB monday, and now I’m really curious how they will handle it! 

Im 29, this is #3 and we are 100% done. I’ve had two vaginal births, and I hope to have a third, but have always said if for some reason I need a c section for our last baby, I would ask about getting a tubal done while I’m opened up. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited April 2019
    @greeneyedgirl12 It's probably best to take a break on ab exercises at this point. It can exacerbate diastasis recti - the splitting of your abdominal wall. Diastisis is what makes that dome shape appear when you do crunches and it's best to prevent that from happening. 

If it looks like this, it's diastisis recti:

• Options
    @cbeanz Didn't look quite like that, but I'll stop abs, especially since there's talk of a scheduled C...
  • Options
    I think I may call my insurance company to see if they have a list of doctors who do it in my area. DH is terrified of doctors and refuses to get a vasectomy. He said he'd rather pull out every time for the rest of his life 😂 I'm just tired of birth control, and I NEVER want to be pregnant again.

@nopegoat thanks! My son named her Molly. Not sure where he got it, but since it wasn't an unreasonable name, we're keeping it.
  • Options
    @cbeanz :open_mouth: that'd diastis recti... I think I might be in trouble then :(
  • Options
    @Cbeanz and @indulgentgypsy same! Mine definitely looks like that 
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy I get diastis recti every pregnancy and it hasn’t caused any problems at all! 
  • Options
    I've never gotten it before, but this little girl has been weird compared to my boys... 
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    My H was going to get a vasectomy. I told him there is no way I am going to have surgery where I need to be put under when he can go get numbed and be done with it in an hour. With his current health issues, I don't know if it's still an option for him right now. We have to wait and see. 

@Cbeanz - I never realized that was a sign of diastis recti. I have had the coning every pregnancy but never noticed any issues after. I also read everyone will cone when doing a sit up or similar movements where you engage the abs and that it should be avoided to help reduce diastis. It's my third pregnancy, and I never had a clue. 
  • Options
    My 2yo woke me up telling me he had his morning poop in his diaper... so like every morning I get up to change it. Except today was different. Today there was liquid sh*t leaking on the floor. Good morning to me. Let’s hope this doesn’t determine how my entire day is going to go 😅
  • Options
    @bartonolivia Oh girl, good luck to you today. I’m definitely not looking forward to this phase... 
  • Options
    @shawnacrest Molly is effing adorable!! 😍 😍 @bartonolivia oh no! FX it's not a sign of things to come.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Convinced he’s just preparing me for all of the baby blowouts I have to come. 🤣 he had 2 cups of juice yesterday & I swear my kids just can’t have juice or apples in general because they get diarrhea sooo easily from it. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I had an officemate move into the back unit of my office this week. I like her personally, but after five years of having my own space with no one coming by, it's hard to adjust to her passing my desk 15 times a day to go to the printer or having people drop in numerous times to train her. I feel like my personal space is shot :( 
  • Options
    Ok, so y'all know I am currently a middle school SPED and Math teacher, but my other certification is in History - and I am an AMAZING history teacher, just harder to get a job in it...
    Anyway, got to give a mini history lecture on Jackie Robinson and Jesse Owens and Hitler to some of my 6th grade students today and they were enthralled! The sub in the LA class I push in to said "If Mrs. Cooper teaches a history class you obviously need to take it!" History is my element. It is the subject I can make come alive, that I can turn students around on... I really miss be a content teacher... 
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy History is also my jam! I love it. My paternal grandparents were both history majors in college and that is how they met. My grandmother was a teacher. I would call her when I was in school to ask her questions to help me with my homework and it was awesome! My grandpa specialized in Civil War History and my grandmother in the Revolutionary War. 
    I sincerely considered becoming a history teacher. I love when I get to teach at work, and it would be so amazing to teach a topic that I really love. (World War 2 is my favorite!) 
  • Options
    :lol: I am crying myself laughing... 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopherhudspeth/hilarious-tweets-about-kids-thatll-make-every-parent-lau?utm_term=.qjwj00BBxa

Daily life for some of us and a warning/forsehadowing of what's to come :)
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy omg omg thank you for sharing 😂 I needed that laugh. Also might’ve peed myself a little. #thirdtriprobs 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Options
    @indulgentgypsy

History is THE subject I struggled with the most. My brain does NOT work that way! I wish I would've had a teacher as passionate as you bc maybe I could've grasped at least something! I always admire people who are good at history. They're also good to have on your trivia team!
  • Options
    @Cbeanz I have had many students tell me they hated history until my class, or that they didn't understand it or thought it was boring or thought it was just about memorizing names and dates. I taught from more of a psychology and cause and effect perspective. Yes some dates - about 5 to 6 in US history are important, otherwise as long as you know colonization came before the Revolutionary war came before the civil war... 

I wanted students to understand that our history led to our present, and to understand that human mature is the root cause of history. 

I can soapbox about history all day :smile:
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy I may need to go back to high school and take your class :) I always hated history growing up, especially memorizing dates! At least 33 year old me understands it is important :)
  • Options
    Anyone's baby get hiccups yet? I completely forgot about hiccups!
  • Options
    @Cbeanz just had an US this morning and baby had hiccups! It’s wild to feel but even crazier to see! 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• Options
    @cbeanz Not yet with this one, but M had them multiple times a day, it drove me crazy! He had them too after birth constantly (much cuter than my belly bouncing every few seconds). 

@indulgentgypsy Yay for passionate history teachers! The best ones really talk about why events happened, not just that they did. I had great teachers up til college, then my professors were more lecture-types and I struggled to follow along. I hope you can get back into it one day! <3 We need more of you.
  • Options
    Seriously random but... I don't have to pay child support anymore!!!! Not that I should have had to in the first place, but hey, I'm finally done, and that will be an extra $100 a month :)
  • Options
    My youngest son helping me to paint my toes :)

• Options
    Ahhh. Love his hair! If you saw my hubby, you don’t know how much I like a man with long hair. 

@Cbeanz she’s got the hiccups 1-2 times a day. Which is funny because I get them myself all
    the time in general. So hubby is laughing about her having the hiccups a bunch, “Just like mommy.” 
  • Options
    @hakele so my DH is part Seneca and doesn't believe warriors should cit their hair. He has long dreads, and both our boys have never had a hair cut. Usually we braid it, but he had just taken a bath.
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy my hubs has longer than shoulder length hair. And I beg not to cut it. Every year he almost does and I talk him out of it. Thank god. I just love men with long hair. I don’t know why it isn’t more of a thing.