August 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 4/14

Re: Weekly Questions 4/14

• Options
    Has anyone gotten a note from their doctor for international travel in the second tri, just to say that you're fine? We're going to Norway next week and I was wondering if that's a thing? 
  • Options
    Last night I got so nauseas my stomach was rumbling. I was starving like I hadn’t eaten in a week. It was so wild. Cravings told me to make soup so I did but it wasn’t enough so I had a bowl of cereal and then started to feel better. Water and Gatorade was making me worse. Anyone deal with this? It’s not as bad this morning but the nausea is there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mia8263 Oh no! That is a miserable feeling. Have you been sick often during the second tri? 
  • Options
    @oklahomak I’ve been hit with waves of nausea this whole pregnancy but it seems worse then my other 2. This whole starving feeling is new. I just can’t imagine calling the dr and telling him that I’m hungry lol so I’m hoping someone experienced this. 
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    @oklahomak We went to London when I was 20 weeks. I didn’t get any kind of note to travel. My internet research told me that you only need a note if you’re in 3rd tri (or appear to be). 
  • Options
    @mia8263 that happens a lot. Only solution is to eat something. I'll deal with the weight later.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @heml Thanks! That seems like the logical thing. I'm just a paranoid traveler and always assume the worst case scenario will happen. I dreamed last night that we got to Oslo for our return flight home and they wouldn't let me on the plane.
  • Options
    hemlheml member
    @oklahomak I mean, wouldn’t be the WORST thing in the world to be stuck in Norway, HA. Have so much fun on your trip!!!
  • Options
    @heml Ha, so true. Thank you!
  • Options
    What are people's favorite maternity yoga pants? I'm looking for really soft ones. I tried a pair from PattyBoutique on Amazon that were well reviewed and they were not bad quality but I didn't like the fabric. I plan to use them for walking, lounging and yoga so my biggest need is comfort. 
  • Options
    cato99cato99 member
    edited April 2019
    @zamora_spin I do yoga and hiking in leggings and honestly haven't found the perfect maternity leggings (just good-enough ones), but for lounging I really like these Amazon cheapie enormous gaucho pant things, and I think they'd be great for yoga too. They are VERY soft in a cheap kind of way so they're very comfortable but I wouldn't wear them for any work thing. These are actually the pants I packed in my hospital bag for hanging out postpartum and coming home (these pants + nursing tank top + loose cardigan). 

Edit--scrolling through the comments/review it looks like it's one of those hit or miss products so it's safest to get the black or gray, bc the other colors come in a weird fabric...?

• Options
    @mia8263 i would get that way if I wasn't eating very regularly.... like @sourlemon said sometimes you just have to eat and deal with the weight later. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @oklahomak I’m a nervous traveler. If I were you, I would request a note just in case. Have so much fun!
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Costco has maternity leggings online that I love. Super think material but my butt doesn't show through lol. I've never liked leggings before I had these. Not that I'm doing yoga...but I am chasing around 2 kids and doing a lot of lounging in them! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    hemlheml member
    @zamora_spin I Love these Pure Body Gap leggings: https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=489058012&cid=72485&pcid=72485&cpos=0&cid=CategoryIDs%7C72485&ctype=Listing
    They’re super soft and comfy, and I wear for lounging, errands, or light exercise (like walking or yoga)
  • Options
    @oklahomak I'm also a nervous traveler.  I'd get a note.  Having said that,  i did with DS and no one ever asked me when I was due or required the documentation and I flew back home at 33 weeks.

Wear an outfit that is comfy and makes you look less "bumpy" if you want to discourage questions ;) 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @zamora_spin I teach yoga so I’m in yoga pants almost daily— I have a pair from
    athleta that are my go tos... I also have a pair from old navy. I’ve been able to make several of my non-maternity yoga pants that are high waisted work so far but I’ll need more soon!
  • Options
    @zamora_spin so I guess athleta doesn’t make maternity pants anymore 😩 checking gap and old navy now!
  • Options
    HELP. I need some suggestions for sleep. I wake up throughout the night and my back is killing me. It could be the mattress itself, but my biggest question is if buying a maternity pillow will help cure the problem? I have been just using regular pillows but that doesn't seem to help either and at this point I am willing to try anything.
  • Options
    @BigBadWolf12 @jrm_14 Thanks ladies! I just called the office for one :) Definitely planning to wear my "cozy clothes" on both flights. 
  • Options
    @brianalee2984 My maternity pillow did the opposite of helping me. I just felt claustrophobic with it around me. I'm not sure how you've been positioning your pillows or the sleeping positions you've tried, but I've found a supportive/firm pillow under my head and a regular pillow between my knees and tucked under my stomach while I'm on my side to be the most comfortable. Everyone is totally different, but I hope it works for you!
  • Options
    My maternity pillow helped me.  I took it on our road trip around Norway last time at 35 weeks haha.  By then I had to sleep at an incline with pillows behind my back and under my knees to be "comfortable". You do what you gotta do....

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    @brianalee2984 I have the Snoogle, and I absolutely love it. I take it with me even if we're going away for a quick overnight trip.
  • Options
    @brianalee2984 what is sleep? Lol TTM. I’m sorry didn’t mean to make lite of it. I sleep best on the couch this time around, my mattress was bothering me too. I put a really soft pillow on my lower back and that seems alleviate the pain a little. 
  • Options
    @brianalee2984 My maternity pillow helped for a while and now it makes me too hot (cover is kind of velvety/suede material). I get my best pregnant sleep (this time and last time) on the couch. You can prop your back up so your technically on the left side without all the pressure on your hip. For the last two nights I haven’t even tried to go to the actual bed. 
  • Options
    @brianalee2984 I could never use one of the u shapped pillows, as I have a bad back and neck. I need to sleep on my special water pillow. But for the past week or so, I've been tucking a small rectangle throw pillow under my leg and belly (I usually sleep on my side with one knee up. Not a good position for a bad back. Especially not when pregnant). It's made a huge difference for me
  • Options
    @mia8263 - preach.  I haven't slept in 5.5 years. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @mia8263 @peachy0709 tell me about it. When DS#1 was a few months old, a friend asked me how I was and I said "tired," her oldest is about a year older than mine, and she said "tell me about it, non-parents don't realize that parents just go through years of their life exhausted." Another friend who already has teenagers was walking past and said "years? Try decades." 
  • Options
    @cato99 @sourlemon @heml @jmesue1030 Thanks for the recs, I'll check them out! 
  • Options
    @mrosek91 Yep. My teenager is way more exhausting than a newborn or toddler ever thought about being. It’s a different kind of “tired”. Once you’ve mastered the little kid tired and learned to function on very little sleep the teenager will hit you with this emotionally-draining-soul-sucking-everything -is-the-end-of-the-world tired with no end in sight (I will have consecutive teens for 20 years, so basically no end 🤣). I’m personally a huge fan of the 5-6 year old I-can-wipe-my-own-ass-but-I’m-still-cuddly age 😉. 
  • Options
    @brianalee2984 Late to the conversation, but +1 for the snoogle, which I got not too long ago on the recommendation of a few other mamas on this board (sorry ladies, can't remember off the top of my head who it was! :s). It has helped me tremendously. I'm typically a back sleeper and have a hard time getting comfy on my side, but the snoogle makes side sleeping so much more comfortable for me. I had also been starting to have some hip discomfort, and sleeping with the snoogle between my legs has pretty much made that go away. As with all things, though, your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    Is anyone else getting BH contractions now? Mine started a week or so ago, maybe two. Well, at least that’s what they feel like. Mild uterine contractions for a small amount of time. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    Yup @suzycupcake I've been getting them a fair bit :/

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    @suzycupcake yes, I even had to look it up to see if it was normal. It is.... this is my 3rd and everything just seems to be happening sooner this round 
  • Options
    @suzycupcake hmm..I wonder if that's what I was getting last night. Almost every time I tried to roll over, my belly got super tight and painful. Didn't seem to last long. But it freaked me out...
    The tech student at my AS on Thursday, did mention to her teacher that she saw a cervical contraction on the US. Our research since, tells us that they often come with BH.

Has anyone else gotten...bruised/sore from their AS?
    My last one lasted over an hour. And they were really digging in there. I've been super tender since then. No visible external brusing, and no spotting. But I'm still a little...paranoid.

All the intense coughing the past 4 days, hasn't helped either...
  • Options
    @chillycanadian not bruised from a/s but i had bruising,  scratch marks (seriously my belly looked like it had been clawed by a cat), and major tenderness for about a week from a triple attempt at an ECV to flip my son from breech. He was being monitored the whole time and never showed any sign of distress and this was at 37 weeks when the belly is a lot more baby than fluid/skin/fat/etc,  so I'm sure with being so small at 20ish weeks the baby wasn't hurt from a bit of probing with the u/s wand. Hope your tenderness heals up soon! 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    @BigBadWolf12 thank you! They were trying to flip baby for my AS too, which is why it took so long and probably why I'm so tender. I am glad to hear it's not unusual to be sorry, and that it won't hurt baby! Thank you!!
  • Options
    @chillycanadian I sometimes get sore from ultrasounds.
  • Options
    Alright ladies....pregnancy safe remedies for sore throat and bad cough?
    My go tos are usually OJ or hot water with honey and lemon, but both are making me super nauseated/terrible heart burn.
    I've been taking Tylenol for the slight fever. Gargling with warm salt water and sometimes mouth wash. Warm steamy showers. Drinking as much fluids as I can. Resting. Chicken soup.
    Last night I coughed for 4 hours before I finally managed to pass out.
    We have the humidifier going in our bedroom. I'm not stuffed up. No runny nose.

I'd go to a walk-in, (seems it might be strep) but it seems everything is closed today. Just like on Friday. And of course, stores are closed too.