Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Frustrated and impatient...

TTC...about 6 months now (with RE (reproductive endocrinologist) for 2)

I was supposed to have an IUI (intrauterine insemination) last cycle. I did clomid for 5 days and then went in for u/s check before starting gonal F. During u/s they found a polyp in my uterus. IUI (intrauterine insemination) cancelled and polyp removed. 

Yesterday went in for u/s (CD3). Again with the plan to start medication in preperation for IUI. U/S (ultrasound) showed a clot and possible small polyp in uterus. RE (reproductive endocrinologist) advised to wait until next week to see if it passed on it's own or she would try to "flush it out." Appointment next Wednesday. 

I'm pretty certain I passed the clot today (AF had stopped for 24 hours and then came back which is when I passed the clot). Called RE, office is closed but I spoke with her on the phone. She said my u/s showed I already had a dominant follicle (blood work confirmed this) at .9mm and that she didn't want to start medication because this one would likely take off and the others wouldn't catch. She said come back Wednesday to evaluate and make sure uterus is clear. 

Wednesday will be CD (cycle day) 9. The office is closed today and Monday for the holiday so I wouldn't be able to get in earlier anyway.

I swore she said yesterday I had two follicles at .9mm but today she said one. But I had the same thing last cycle and after 5 days on clomid I had two strong follicles and two additional ones that were pretty good sized.

Is CD9 too late to start any medication if my uterus is now clear? The plan last cycle was clomid for 5 days and then gonal f followed by trigger shot and IUI. 

DX: advanced maternal age. 

Thanks!

**** Child & Losses mentioned **** 

DX: AMA 

DS#1 9/14/06
DS#2 3/29/08
M/C 2010
M/C 2011
M/C 2012
DS#3 7/5/13

TTC #4 since October 2018

Re: Frustrated and impatient...

• Options

TTC...about 6 months now (with RE (reproductive endocrinologist) for 2)

I was supposed to have an IUI (intrauterine insemination) last cycle. I did clomid for 5 days and then went in for u/s check before starting gonal F. During u/s they found a polyp in my uterus. IUI (intrauterine insemination) cancelled and polyp removed. 

Yesterday went in for u/s (CD3). Again with the plan to start medication in preperation for IUI. U/S (ultrasound) showed a clot and possible small polyp in uterus. RE (reproductive endocrinologist) advised to wait until next week to see if it passed on it's own or she would try to "flush it out." Appointment next Wednesday. 

I'm pretty certain I passed the clot today (AF had stopped for 24 hours and then came back which is when I passed the clot). Called RE, office is closed but I spoke with her on the phone. She said my u/s showed I already had a dominant follicle (blood work confirmed this) at .9mm and that she didn't want to start medication because this one would likely take off and the others wouldn't catch. She said come back Wednesday to evaluate and make sure uterus is clear. 

Wednesday will be CD (cycle day) 9. The office is closed today and Monday for the holiday so I wouldn't be able to get in earlier anyway.

I swore she said yesterday I had two follicles at .9mm but today she said one. But I had the same thing last cycle and after 5 days on clomid I had two strong follicles and two additional ones that were pretty good sized.

Is CD9 too late to start any medication if my uterus is now clear? The plan last cycle was clomid for 5 days and then gonal f followed by trigger shot and IUI. 

DX: advanced maternal age. 

Thanks!

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    QFP above - got stuck in the box. 

OP - yes, CD9 is too late. ALSO pls don't take any meds without doc okay/monitoring. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    I’m frustrated and impatient too, on month 29.

Also, please feel free to peruse the rules of the board. It would be much appreciated as we don’t allow one off posts here. Thanks so much. 
  • Options
    @kels0091 literally all I could think the moment I saw the threads load
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I've commented in this group before so I'm not clear on how this violated the rules. I just went back and reread them. Can you please clarify.

DS#1 9/14/06
    DS#2 3/29/08
    M/C 2010
    M/C 2011
    M/C 2012
    DS#3 7/5/13

• Options
    Okay...apparently I can't find in the rules where it says you can't post a question in the group. My apologies. Yes this was copied from another post, but not this website.

I guess a lot has changed since I was on here previously. 

DS#1 9/14/06
    DS#2 3/29/08
    M/C 2010
    M/C 2011
    M/C 2012
    DS#3 7/5/13

• Options
    You’re more than welcome to ask questions. The CS/Q (chart stalk/question) thread would be a perfect place for it.
  • Options
    I would also recommend the infertility board. They're more open to separate posts for questions
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause