August 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/15

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/15

• @AKuzReve you have my sympathy, if it would make you feel better by all means live post it.
    Are there at least other people in the car with you?
  • @MamaK225 +1 to go see your grandma. Wet all have a limited amount of time given to us, and you don't want to miss an opportunity to spend time with her! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • @lilmamabebe3 sorry I'm late to responding but if its a good daycare I would not hesitate to put my kiddos in one with their cousin. My twins are at the same daycare and they have each other but they also have their own friends and interests, its sort of the best of both worlds.  I have thought about a nanny but have had several freinds in town have very similar experiences to yours and so we will suck it up and have 4 in daycare...  we talked about DH staying at home but I think for his mental health he will keep working. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 I asked my brother and he was like OMG NO! How awesome for them to see each other every day?

i just didn’t want them to think I was like, stepping on their territory. I loved it and so we’ll see!!
  • @lilmamabebe3 I'm so glad you found a place(or 2!) you loved. Fx that it works out!!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @AKuzReve WHAT!? That's terrible! Get you something to eat! I hope the rudeness subsides because that's such a nice drive and it would be great for you to be able to enjoy it in a relaxed way--we did a little road trip from Amsterdam to Germany (on the northernmost route, through Wieringen) this past summer and it was so lovely. It was baby herring season so I ate SO MUCH RAW HERRING, and we stopped in this tiny town in Germany for enormous smoked eels. 
  • @mrosek91 long struggle here. He has never slept well. He never liked the crib, pack n play - hell...he didn’t even bedshare well with us. I think 90% of it is bc he’s never had time for routine to work. Either people visiting, trips, or moving to Europe. He just doesn’t sttn. 

Anywho...we did the crib again when we moved here. Weeks of failed CIO. Limited success in toddler bed. Most success so far was when I moved in on an air mattress. So we ditched the crib/toddler bed, and got the big bed. So far, still a lot of waking but that’s always been the issue. But he’s stayed in the bed and taken his naps there so it’s going in the right direction. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @aevan011 my oldest has never been a good sleeper either, but it sounds like you have it worse, could never get mine to go to sleep but once he's down he thankfully STTN. It's so hard because there's only so much you can do to force it.
    It sounds like my number one trick for switching to a bed isn't going to work for you. We have a pressure gate that fits across the door to his room. He hates it, so we tell him as long as he stays in bed it won't go up. Usually that works, on the nights it doesn't we put it up and then he cried for 5-10 minutes and falls asleep.
    Good luck, I hope it gets better soon!
  • @AKuzReve I’m so jealous!!  I love her!  I read Becoming and would love to see her speak. 

@peachy0709  @mrosek91 I’m such a bookworm and I feel panicky if I feel like I’m running out of books. So my rule on vacation is to bring one book per day lol. (I never get through them all)

• @AKuzReve My MIL did that when we were there visiting for Christmas. Yes really I’m hungry. Sorry that you had kids 80 years ago and don’t remember but I cannot go 6 hours without having a snack like everyone else because there’s an actual human growing inside of me. Lol did you live post it?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake, no haha. 

She did improve but I also put on my headphones and drowned her out with very loud music. I also got food shortly after her comments since my husband was driving and knows I need food. We all ate and she ate even more than me... She also tried to deny me ice cream at a later time but I told her I was going to get ice cream whether she wanted or not. And then we all had ice cream. 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

Today we are driving to Luxembourg so I’ll be sure to report back any of her crazy antics! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @cato99, that’s what we did! Amsterdam through Cochem and we’re in Koblenz. Then we will go through to Luxembourg. On the way home, we will go through Belgium. It’s so beautiful and old here!

• I very rarely buy new clothes for myself. Most of my clothes are second hand I’m totally cool with that, but about 2-3 months ago I couldn’t find any maternity jeans so I broke down and bought a brand new pair. They were amazing (and a little loose), but now they are almost too tight and I’m a little bummed that I only got to wear them such a short amount of time (I don’t wear jeans through the week). Also a little bummed that my weekend options that still fit all require some degree of shaving. 
  • In laws asked about renting a van instead of doing transit since "it will be cheaper" than taking transit everywhere for all of us".

1st, our family has passes for the year so the 3 or 4 of us don't cost any extra but we would have to rent a toddler seat with the van bc we only have an infant seat since we never drive anywhere here
    2nd you're 3 people...transit isn't going to cost THAT much
    3rd how much traveling are you really expecting to do? 

They're visiting in AUGUST so I'll either be overdue and going nowhere or with a newborn only days/weeks old also going nowhere...like, if they want to do a day trip for themselves, go ahead and rent a car, but don't plan on us coming with....

We have sooooo many trails around here I thought they'd just be good with biking/walking around if they want to get out,  not planning whole family trips and doing "more travel than a transit card would be good for"

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @BigBadWolf12 What do they expect you'd want to do or have the energy to do with a two day old baby? Surely you'll want to go on adventures because that's what people do with a newborn right after childbirth. For pete's sake. 

Where is our IL complaint thread? :D 

@AKuzReve Why is it that people think marriage by law means they get rights to tell a person what to do? I'm sorry it's so difficult to get along with her right now. When do you go back to Amsterdam?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @BigBadWolf12, I completely sympathize. I don’t understand what they’d want you to do in the weeks following or preceding a newborn baby. And you’re having a c/s too, which means you won’t be wanting to ride in a van at 1-2 weeks PP. 

@suzycupcake, today thankfully! But I have to spend all day with her and then they leave on Tuesday to go home. There is so much more shit she has said but I’ve been pretty good at walking away or ignoring her. 

We’re supposed to do a road trip to Italy (12-13 hours) and stay in Italy for 2 weeks when baby is 1 month old and I’m starting to regret that. I don’t think I’ll survive. It’s been 2 days. My H even commented that it’s like she just wants to poke and poke until you react. And when you do, she’s so aghast and upset. My FIL even offered to fly her to Italy and he would fly to Amsterdam and drive with us so she wouldn’t have to come. Even he knows she is crazy and hard to handle!

• @AKuzReve ugh. Oppositional ILs are the wrist. ..arguing for the sake of arguing.

I'm hoping for a vbac but either way,  not going on day trips and road tripping! 

One more unrelated rant that just came to my attention
    My son is allergic to a bunch of stuff and I made him "mac and cheese" that had no dairy or any of his other allergens.  I put a picture of it in our family photos folder with quotations around the "mac and cheese" bc obviously it's not real macaroni and obviously it's not real cheese. Or so i thought.... my parents were like,  "saw the pic - what was it because obviously he can't have actual mac and cheese...." but I guess the ILs didn't get it bc I got an email from a mutual friend saying "so great DS can have cheese now" so I guess they're telling people that his allergies are gone or something? Ugh. So now we have to do damage control and make sure everyone knows he's still allergic to everything before we go visit and someone gives him something. I always send emails with updates on allergies too, so like,  don't you think if he was able to eat real macaroni or real cheese there's be a HUGE DEAL email coming around or we'd say it on Skype or something?

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @BigBadWolf12, omg! Why not even ask you first to confirm before telling other people?! That could be so dangerous to him. It’s perplexing to me because just because they’re ILs, they are also supposed to be people with normal thoughts. My parents would never, in a million years, do what she does to me to my H. Never, ever. They won’t even do it to me. I have had to tell her before that I am not her child and she needs to speak to her son before speaking to me like that. I also think a huge cultural divide because I’ve talked to my SIL about this (she’s also a POC) and our families don’t behave like this. If my mom has any issue, she will speak to me privately. But she rarely does; she lets us live our lives. 

Also yes! You won’t be wanting to go anywhere for long periods that early. Transit should be perfectly fine! 

• @AKuzReve - As she should! (your mother)

I'm right there with @suzycupcake - can we revive (or have a weekly/monthly) the IL thread? Pretty please! :)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)