September 2019 Moms
Options

Babies on a Budget

2»

Re: Babies on a Budget

• Options
    @lillywonderland yip!  and the coughing and sneezing....so much coughing and sneezing right in my face while my mouth is open......
  • Options
    @RedBreast35 Does it matter?!? Lol. FTR it was pee. 😬 Tiny human = full size bodily functions. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Uck... Babies are gross. I do remember getting sloppy kisses from my baby brother who had marshmallow goo clinging to his face but that's as gross as I remember. 

Well, at least you guys have given me fair warning and I have ample amount of time to prepare. 
  • Options
    My advice would be to ask for more diapers/wipes/..practical stuff and have people lay off the cute clothes for baby shower. The more diapers you have the better! even up to a year. If you;re going on leave id suggest getting a month or two ahead of a few bills. This was so nice for me because the short term check can take about 6 weeks to make it to you- in some cases. 
  • Options
    @lilywonderland @RedBreast35 I’ve been puked in the mouth. 🤢
  • Options
    @kiddiesandkitties I want to love tit that comment...but also...GROSS!!! 🤣🤮
  • Options
    I'm cracking up over here with the baby wrestling to use the NoseFrieda on them! Thanks for the mental image!

I'm glad my registry is mostly practical things so far, we are really limited on space and I know people will go off registry anyway. Also, my stepbrother used an IKEA crib for his first and it is still in great condition so they are reusing it. That (and the $99 process tag) is what had me look at IKEA. Oh! And someone somewhere else mentioned that the high chairs there can be disassembled and just put in the dishwasher? 
  • Options
    @cheshyre319 I've heard great things about the Ikea high chair. We are getting that one too. I also saw a shop on Etsy that makes rubber mats that fit in the tray for easier clean up. I'll see if I can find it again.
  • Options
    @kgg2241 that would be amazing! Etsy is so awesome for the random things that make life easier. Or at least fun. 
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 nice!! That is awesome. The set is beautiful too.
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 that's beautiful, what a great find!
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 awesome set! I don’t have anything against used cribs, as long as they have all the parts and are up to current safety standards. I’m on FB market place & craigslist looking for deals like that lately. :)