April 2019 Moms
Options

April Randoms

13»

Re: April Randoms

• Options
    @Kflanders24 good luck and good vibes for getting some quiet time to your self before baby comes! Hope training is a success! 
  • Options
    Ok ladies... Couple questions:
    Are searing hip pains a sign of labor? I've been getting Charlie horses deep in my hip when I'm standing/walking....sometimes in coordination with contractions...

Does the fact that every time I pee I'm not fully emptying my bladder unless I do this "around the world" motion with my upper body mean the baby has dropped and is pushing on that part of my pelvis?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty when we found out the release date for The Avengers I was bummed because I can’t take a (basically) brand new baby to the movies and I won’t trust anyone to watch him that early. So we’re trying to figure it out too. 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty Oh darn! I am sorry that stinks, I loved Captain Marvel and so did my husband. 
  • Options
    @kayceebaby1searing pain is probably ligaments letting your pelvis move too much. Cramping in waves would be more related to labor but should stop in between. 

Baby dropping does increase bladder issues and make peeing harder to accomplish. 

Baby dropping means that sometime between now and 42 weeks you’ll deliver 🤷‍♀️ I dropped mostly 4 weeks ago, and just dropped a little more last week? It’s a process. 
  • Options
    @kayceebaby1 hip pain has to do with this stage of pregnancy, more than labor specifically. I've been having tons of hip pain since early in the 3rd tri. Basically, the weight of the baby is putting a lot of increased pressure on your hips, pelvis, and legs. For example, for me, when I sit down, my belly starts cutting circulation to my legs and my legs start going numb unless I'm able to recline slightly. Any additional strain on your joints, muscles, and ligaments is bound to cause discomfort. Similarly, baby dropping (as @kbirchtree said) will impact the pressure you feel, make it harder to pee, and generally increase discomfort and pressure on that part of your body. Again, normal. And as she said, it just means you're getting close to labor - not that you'll go in to labor tonight or anything. 

I definitely feel like my baby DROPPED in the last 48 hours. I'm finally feeling relief from the bruising pain in my ribs and able to breathe much more easily. But the pressure on my bladder, legs, hips, and pelvis is becoming pretty major. I basically feel like the baby is going to fall out any second. Hah. 
    It hit me this morning that this baby is going to be born within the next 2.5 weeks (since my doctor will induce me sometime between 41-42 weeks), no matter what. Wooooohoooo! I'm freaking ready. 
  • Options
    Thanks @professormama and @kbirchtree yeah that makes sense. I've been having so many twingey Braxton Hicks that it's making me a little neurotic...

Sounds like it's progress but not anything that points to an obvious end in sight! 

@professormama I also have about a week and a half left at the very most! I'm still super impatient despite seeing the end down the pike! Come on baby! Let's go!
  • Options
    I feel like I missed the "drop" but doctor said baby is very low and very engaged. I can feel it but it seems like it happened kinda slow for me. My cervix is 80% effaced but 1cm dilated and "very" low & forward. He didn't say anything about due date but eluded to good early signs for a good delivery, fingers crossed he is right! 

Funny story last night- I was at dinner with my husband and I looked down and said "oh man..." and reached for my napkin ... and it was because I had dripped cheese on my sleeve.  I look up and my husbands face was PRICELESS lol, he was like "DONT LOOK DOWN AND SAY "OH MAN" RIGHT NOW". I then had to explain to him AGAIN that even when my water does break.. It won't be cause to "freak out" lol. 
  • Options
    @Kflanders24 Also very good chance you will go into labor without your water breaking. It doesn’t happen near as often as movies and tv have lead you to believe. I think it’s something like only 20% have it spontaneously break, for most it’s done in the hospital when already in labor. 

I made it to 8cm and mine still hadn’t broken with DD. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Kflanders24 Last week when we all went to visit my dad he looked at me and said "Why did you wet your pants?" We all (DH, brother, Mom, me) excitedly looked at my pants to see if my water had somehow broken without me noticing... and saw a small wet spot on my thigh (from drinking water and missing). Way to get us excited over nothing, Dad.
  • Options
    tmblickleytmblickley member
    edited April 2019
    Ladies, what have your doctors told you about when to come to the hospital?

With DD it was when contractions were 5 minutes apart.  This time around (3 years later) the same doctor is saying when contractions are close together and cause you to double-over unable to speak for an hour.  Seems a bit extreme, but i ended up with a csection because DD was breech so I only experienced 1 or 2 painful  contractions after my water broke and then I was on the OR with a baby on my chest.
  • Options
    @tmblickley my doc drills in at every appointment that if your water breaks, you start bleeding, you have consistent contractions or baby has a lack of movement you go right to l&d. No calling, no second guessing, go in. She takes all of them very seriously and always errs on the side of caution. 

Technically my packet from from the hospital say 6 min apart for STM+ 

Nurse today said 4 in an hour. 

Ive been pretty much waiting for a combination of frequency and intensity to go in. I’ve been having contractions for days but they don’t last more then 25 min, or are sporadic (1 here, and 20 min another, an hour another...) and very few have been intense enough to not be able to move/talk through them.  
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    jenbarrdocjenbarrdoc member
    edited April 2019
    I was having contractions about 9 to 10 minutes apart last night for over an hour, but they slowed down and then stopped. My doctor said 5-1-1: five minutes apart,  lasting 1 minute, for an hour; or come in if your water breaks.

I really thought it was go time last night! 
  • Options
    @jenbarrdoc ahh that's so frustratingly close! Good practice though, I guess!
  • Options
    I’m even jealous of ppl who are starting to have regular contractions! I have contractions all the time, but they’re never approaching regularity - they’re always totally random. 

Rained / stormed all day today so we just hung around and did stuff around the house. My 4 year old, remarkably, mostly entertained himself with art projects almost all day. And he helped my husband make muffins so we will freeze those. And I got to dust and vacuum and do laundry, so the house is super clean now. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure I’m in labor. Contractions ever 3-5 minutes. I’d like to try to get some sleep but I’m too nervous / excited. 
    Ahh! Very exciting. I hope this is it for you! Good luck. 
  • Options
    Yay @professormama! Good luck 
  • Options
    Aw @tmblickley I'm in a similar boat. 2 days overdue, no prelabour signs at all, induction scheduled for the 24th or 25th in hopes of a VBAC. Getting new stretch marks every day and sooo grumpy! The irony is that they've told me to expect baby to come early, since the end of Jan! Apparently baby has its own plans. And with trying to keep DD occupied in wet weather, I'm just so done with being pregnant. After Monday I will have been pregnant 4 weeks longer than I was with DD. Sigh.
  • Options
    I’m at 40w4d and 75% effaced and 2cm and no labor. Baby will be evicted on May 2-3 if he doesn’t come on his own. Overnight induction. 

I really wanted to start labor already. But 🤷🏼‍♀️ What can I do. 

My belly is super angry and red red and hurts because it’s stretching so much due to water.