April 2019 Moms

April Randoms

Re: April Randoms

• I can't imagine holding a baby with that small of a frame. Sounds excruciating! 
  • I can't imagine holding a baby with that small of a frame. Sounds excruciating! 
    ❤️❤️❤️ thank you for the sympathy. ❤️❤️ it’s nice to whine and be told that you’re not unreasonable! And again, booooo swelling! Keep us posted on what your provider says. Hopefully it’s within the normal range and nothing to worry about, even though it’s miserable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Of course! I've actually commented a few times to people that I don't understand how very small people (whether it's height or frame) can carry babies that are basically the same size as babies carried by people larger than them. My mother-in-law is 4'11." How in the hell she had 2 babies is beyond me! I'm 5'8" and pretty "normal" size at a 34" bust (before pregnancy obviously!). Still, I suppose I've been lucky to not have any discomfort with the baby's positioning. It's just everything else that has totally sucked for me. I have a breakdown at least every other day, including this morning while at work which is totally embarrassing. And then I get down on myself - like, how am I going to handle a baby?? But I have to remind myself that my body is not my own right now and hormones are out of control. I know it'll get better!
  • @rennie1108 honestly, pregnancy is sooooo rough emotionally, as is the 4th trimester (3 months after birth). Just because pregnancy gives you meltdowns is not an indicator of your ability to parent. Parenting an outside-baby is so different. For one thing, as you said, your hormones WILL settle down, which helps tremendously. For another thing, you have a child to hold in your arms, which just balances out the meltdowns in a way that a baby kicking you in the crotch from the inside can’t quite do. Lol 
  • Thanks, @professormama! That makes me feel better :smile:
  • @blueberrymomma I think animals also just sense and react to change. If your moods are changing or you’re more tired than usual, things like that. And I mean, definitely they can sense changes in our hormone levels / bodies and stuff like that - that’s why dogs can be trained to advance detect seizures or blood sugar problems or things like that! 

As per usual lately, I feel like I SHOULD get up and clean my house - at least vacuum or something. But I’m just too tired. I’m trying to give myself permission to rest in these last few days / weeks before the baby arrives. I know my body needs it, but I still feel guilty. 
  • @professormama Can you please convince mine to relax? I want to go in labor just so I can stop cleaning my apartment. I think the only piece of furniture that hasn’t been moved right now is the couch. Like I just keep finding more stuff to do and it’s driving me nuts. I have lost count of the number of times I’ve redone our closet. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Omfg the app hasn’t worked for me for like...a week   :| but it finally let me log in!

I love all these snuggly fur babes! Not much else going on here my brain is basically mush from momming NBs again. 
  • @professormama Im with you, I want to clean but my body is too tired. Today I basically laid in my bed 75%of the day. I really want to organize our mudroom....switch out the winter hats/gloves/coats for summer hats and shoes. But I feel exhausted just thinking about it. I basically just feed the kids and load/unload the dishwasher. 

I’m so done....39+5 and this is the longest I’ve been pregnant. I’m tired of; being tired, hurting everywhere, peeing 24/7, being uncomfortable, and people asking me if I’ve had this baby yet.( my mil makes fil call her everyday to tell her whether or not DH is at work and on the weekends has him drive to our house to see if we’re home) Everyday my anxiety about labor increases. I worry about; a) having to be induced again because that increases my risk of hemorging again, b) My SPD pain keeps getting worse so I don’t know what’s in store for me this delivery and c) the possibility of a cs
  • @thatbaintforbetty well apparently I’m not that good at relaxing either. I did take it easy for a few hours. But then I vacuumed and did laundry and dishes. Soooo. Now I’m completely beat and uncomfortable. But fortunately my house is in decent condition so I can get in bed at 8pm and feel good about it. Plus my husband roasted 2 chickens today, and is freezing a bunch of it, and he made and froze meatballs last weekend. So yay freezer meals! I do at least finally feel like we are actually ready for this baby to arrive. 

@blueberrymomma ugh that sucks soooo much. I really hope you go into labor naturally ASAP. I’m really nervous about having to get induced again as well. I’m praying I go into labor naturally. How long will your doctor let you go before pushing for induction? 
  • +1 for wanting to be productive, but not actively doing anything! 

My husband has done a great job nesting all weekend. 

I've been having intermittent, random contractions and hoping that they get more intense and start something! Eating eggplant and pineapple!! Fingers crossed!!
  • @kayceebaby1 add some spicy stuff too!
  • @blueberrymomma eeee. good luck! I REALLY hope this is it! 
  • @kayceebaby1 Eggplant?  That's suppose to help?  I would love some eggplant parm! 

I have also been super tired, but i feel like I have to get shit done around the house before baby gets here or it'll never get done. feeling like baby could come this week!  fingers crossed!
  • @browneyes88-2 according to my cousin! Still super intermittent contractions but nothing that's building in intensity 👎😕
  • Cool. I have a f*ing eye infection. Eye doctor suggested z-pac (which always super upsets my stomach), but wouldn't prescribe it because I'm pregnant. And I'm GBS positive, so I already know I'm going to have to get antibiotics during labor. So now I have a call in to my OB to find out if I'm even allowed to take zpac this close to labor, during which I'll get some other IV antibiotic, and my eye hurts, as if being 38.5 weeks pregnant isn't uncomfortable enough on its own. And if I can take the damn antibiotics then I'm going to get to experience the joys of severe stomach distress for the next week while I take the damn stuff. What did I do in my past life to deserve this karma? Maybe I blinded someone on purpose or something terrible like that. 
  • Good luck to those who are experiencing contractions! 

@professormama I’m so sorry. That sounds totally miserable. 

Im 37+3 and experiencing swelling for the first time this pregnancy, probably because the weather is finally warm! Yay! I’ll take swelling if it means spring! 
    We are forecast to have a sudden change in barometric pressure later this week and I’m wondering if it will get labor started for me. I’d rather have this kid next week or later, but I had DD in week 38 so we will see. 

Trying to be productive too, and finish laundry and pack my bag. 
  • @professormama That’s awful. I’m sorry. Hopefully your doc has some suggestions or can do something to help. 

Today is my last day of work. And it’s going by much faster then I thought which is awesome. DH said he was going to continue tackling the kitchen today but who knows how much he’s actually going to get done while watching DD. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Does anyone else get braxtons all the freaking time?

I am not worried just looking for someone to woe with. They are not painful at all for me but certainly not fun. Super annoying and baby sits up under my left rib and when I contract it pushes so hard. Poor baby, getting squished all the time. Doc knows its happening a lot and is not worried about it since its not painful. 
  • @Kflanders24 yes, all the time for weeks now! And last time I barely noticed my actual contractions for a few hours (and then obviously they became impossible to miss =p) so it makes me even more confused.

Venting: been told since Jan by a consultant OBGYN that I would be induced by my due date, the 17th, due to VBAC. New midwife at clinic last week confirmed. Actual practicing midwife today said actually, standard procedure is 41 weeks (so the 24th), and I could even go further if I wanted. What??? No wants to hear this at the end of their pregnancy! 
  • So I'm 40 weeks today and had my weekly appointment. I'm still 1 cm dilated, but now 50% effaced as compared to 0% last week. I go for the non-stress test tomorrow.  We briefly talked about induction at 42 weeks since there is nothing medically to prompt an induction before then at this time. I'm thinking baby will find his way out before then. 

The waiting game is no fun! But at least now I'm confident I can get all my baby shower thank you cards done and in mail before baby boy arrives. I still haven't packed my hospital bag!
  • @professormama hope your eye gets better. I successfully went into labor naturally and had an induction free delivery. So now I’m sending you my positive vibes that you have the same!
  • @sleepydaze we're having similar days! I was told I wouldn't go beyond 40 for months now. Today... Weeeeellllll if it goes beyond 40, we'll let you go a week more. 
  • @blueberrymomma yayayayayay!!! I need to go check if you made a birth announcement post. But either way, I’m so happy for you! 
  • @blueberrymomma love the name <3  ;) 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• @kayceebaby1 oh no, sorry to hear you're in the same boat! How do you feel about the change in induction dates? I feel so disheartened, I mean, I'm glad baby is getting more time for development etc but UGH why so long? The worst part is induction day would be the day before Avengers comes out. DH was laughing at me for my suggestion that I could just labour through the movie so I don't have to miss out after all. If you hear about a baby being born in the middle of a showing, don't be surprised =p
  • @sleepydaze I'm just frustrated because I had it in my head that by the 16th he'd definitely be here. Now its later and I can deal, but it's annoying for my type A self. Of course I'm happy that it means they don't think he's too big for me to deliver a little later and that I will hopefully have the natural labor that I want to have! I also used his arrival as a reason to leave work a little earlier, so I feel like a liar. How was I supposed to know they would change their minds?
  • PSA
    If any of you have an Apple Watch. I downloaded this breastfeeding app and it’s compatible with the watch so you can track your feedings, diapers, pumping, and sleep from your watch (and phone). I’ve obviously only been using it 2 days but I thought I’d share it with all you 

• @blueberrymomma so you’re telling me I can use my Apple Watch for something other than reading text? I’ll look into it! 
  • @kayceebaby1 my doc made it seem like if I made it 38 weeks we would induce very shortly thereafter but I got my induction date today and it’s 10pm on the 16th. Which would be 39 weeks and when my doc said she’s didn’t want me to go past. It’s super frustrating to have a date in your head that they made seem fairly firm only to find out it’s not. (I actually messaged my doc since my induction date wasn’t set by the hospital and not her since it’s barely within her acceptable range) 

I also was like I could have worked another week! Not that I want to but I could have. Hopefully you go into labor on your own before then!

@sleepydaze I’ve been trying to figure out what to do about Captain Marvel/Avengers Endgame since we are huge fans but I just don’t think we’ll be able to see them in theaters when they are released, which I’m super mad about, lol. Although we have a theater in the mall super close to us that does discount shows after most theaters have stopped showing a title and might be able to work out something when it hits there.  I really don’t want to wait for it to hit Blu-ray. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• 37+3 here, SAHM, my almost 3yo DS is exhausting! But it’s so much better and more flexible than last pregnancy when I was working! 

Yes i too have been organizing all the things. I have a kitchen cabinet that I still want to redo, some paperwork that I want to follow up on, some more labor snacks I want to buy/pack, and I want to make and freeze my first postpartum meal for myself to take to the birth center with me. That really is the end of my list tho and I hope to have it done by the end of the week. And then just sit back and wait for baby to arrive! 

Its nice that some of us are still on here!

its getting harder to move around and maneuver with this big beautiful belly. My first was a due date baby, and this girl is measuring right on so she will probably be close to her due date tho I’m hoping earlier this time. I’m so looking forward to holding her in my arms! 
  • It’s kind of funny how I’m like... more zen about when this baby will show up than DH. I’m 38 weeks tomorrow, and he’s been remarking about how awkward this waiting time is- which I definitely agree with!- but he’s definitely getting antsy. Maybe it’s just because *everybody* is asking me when the baby is coming, I’ve gotten a bit more resigned to ‘when she feels like it’ as an answer.
  • @Kflanders24 yes to the constant BH. Though actually less lately than usual which is super discouraging. Ugh. 

I find out today whether they’ll induce or how long they’ll let me go, and I’m so anxious about it. Partly because my mother requested a time period off work without checking with me and I’m just not sure he’s going to arrive within that period. But what can I do? 

I’m also mad about missing Avengers, @thatbaintforbetty and @sleepydaze!
  • @thatbaintforbetty @sleepydaze @HGRich My due date is the 30th and the upside of going to or past it is I can see Avengers lol! My husband made so much fun of me when I said it out loud. To bad sitting in the seats, even the loungers, messes with my back at the theaters these days. 

@thatbaintforbetty How come you can't go see Captain Marvel ? 

New stressor of the week is my work (self employed own a business with my husband and a partner) and we JUST found someone to replace me in the warehouse..... SO I am going to get to try and train him on everything next week... FUN! Only upside is if I can get him comfortable I can take my last week off to relax which I didn't think I would get to. Wish me luck :/
  • I'm 38 weeks today and I work for a global company so everyone is asking either 'when I'm off work' or 'when I'll be working from home'. My response: I'm working in the office until I go into labor (fyi-my dad is staying with us so he can take care of DD when we go to the hospital, but until then he's working remotely from my home office). I'd much rather use my vacation after the baby is here and not before. 
  • @Kflanders24 At 36 weeks our car decided to crap out. Thankfully my parents have been super awesomely helpful while we tried(and failed) to fix it. But we haven’t found a replacement yet so we are pretty much stuck. (My mom is on alert for when I go into labor since she is watching DD anyways) Also my car would make it to the hospital in an emergency but that’s about it. Basically not easy to take cinema trip. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes