December 2019 Moms

PGAL - April

I’m thinking a month thread until the board starts hopping?

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 

7. GTKY? Favorite vacation?

Re: PGAL - April

• 1. How many weeks are you? 5w6d by LMP, 5w3d by o. 

2. Previous loss(es)? Feb 19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Wayyyyy better than a week ago! I’ll skip ahead to milestone, as of today I’m officially more PG than the last time! A huge sigh of relief. But still a long ways to go. Physically I can’t complain, minor stuff  

4. Any appointment updates? Betas last week looked good. I put off making an appointment because I expected the worst but Im finally on the books for 4/25. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Just sharing an H funny from last night. We went bowling and I was kicking his butt big time. He said it wasn’t fair because it was 2 against 1. Such a dad joke. 😂

6. Any milestones coming up? See above. 🙂

7. GTKY? Favorite vacation? I love all the vacations! But our go to is always a beach all inclusive. We love Excellence resorts! In fact we have a reservation for their Jamaica location the week I’m due. Haven’t cancelled it yet and won’t for a while. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited April 2019
    1. How many weeks are you? 4 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 2- one MMC 3 years ago and a CP this past January

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I'm feeling nervous....with my CP I got a negative test and started bleeding 2 days after my BFP so I'm past that at least. I turned a digital test which is a good sign. I don't get betas done so might take a couple more tests to see darkening lines but I didn't do that before so maybe I won't- not sure if doing that will make me feel more nervous! Physically my boobs hurt which is always the first pregnancy sign for me (I've been pregnant 4 times now) and a little tired. 

4. Any appointment updates? Going to make my intake appt with the OB at 6 weeks and will prob get a dating ultrasound after that. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really, just can't believe this is happening! I really thought I was out this cycle. 

6. Any milestones coming up? A good 8 week ultrasound and positive NIPT results.

7. GTKY? Favorite vacation? I like going to the beach my family has a time share in Mexico that we go to alot! 
  • 1. 5w5d

2. 1 ectopic in May of 2015. Around 6 weeks.

3. Physically I feel great! I’m having pregnancy symptoms and take that as a good sign. Emotionally I’m a nervous wreck. This is an ivf pregnancy so while the chance for another ectopic is only 1% I know ivf does not guarantee a take home baby. I’m hoping after the first u/s we can hear the heartbeat and relax a bit. 

4. I had my beta on 3/26 and it was good. First appointment and scan is set for 4/15

5. Mommas of multiple losses, does this anxiety calm during pregnancy or am I going to be a basket case the whole time?!

6. First scan! I’ll have made it further than last time. We discovered the ectopic the day before my first scan. 

7. Were in Kentucky, we’ve been having a crazy weather lately! We’re going to Pensacola Beach, FL in June and I cannot wait!
  • @k_mama91 For me, the anxiety never really goes away, but I am trying to learn how to deal with it better.  I some ladies start to relax a bit after they get to the second trimester, but with my most recent loss, it was the NIPT results that gave us the bad news.  The boards have been a great support though.
  • 1. 5 weeks 5 days

2. Two previous loses- Dec 2017 & Oct 2018

3. Physically I believe just the normal symptoms- tired, bloated, and some cramps. Emotionally I am terrified. The other day I started crying in the bathroom because I was afraid to pee. My last loss, I started bleeding at work in the bathroom. Then last night I had a dream I was miscarrying again. It’s been a cross between excited and scared.

4. I have had bloodwork so far and things looked good. First u/s is April 26.

5. How long is cramping normal? Should it stop soon?

6. Tuesday will be 6 weeks. I have never made it past week 6. 

7. Hawaii is my favorite vacation spot. We don’t make it there yearly, but it’s my piece of paradise.
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• edited April 2019
    1. How many weeks are you? 5

2. Previous loss(es)? Diagnosed with Secondary infertility (PCOS). First was in 2017 at 6 weeks and second was last year I got pregnant at this *exact* time and lost it at 12 weeks and one CP 2 cycles ago

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally i feel over the moon but so worried at the same time. I still csnt believe its real. Physically i feel great, just sore boobs and a bit of bloating.

4. Any appointment updates? Ultrasound on April 30th

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I didnt think my anxiety about baby would be as bad as it is :( praying it gets better

6. Any milestones coming up? Just want to get past this first tri

7. GTKY? Favorite vacation? Punta Cana
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • @mmccorm2014

Cranping is very normal especially in the first trimester :) I had them with my son until about 10 weeks and i have them now as well. As long as there is no bright red bleeding or that their extremely painful, you are fine.
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • 6 weeks today

1 MC at 6+3 days

Physically feeling ok. Had lots of cramping and bloating week 4. Cramping has subsided, But has experienced on and off light spotting the last two days. Our doctor isn’t concerned since my labs have been so good. Emotionally I’m so nervous about MC again. I’ve found it hard to be joyful and excited because I just want this to take.

I go in for an ultrasound on Wednesday with my RE. Praying all goes well!

rants and raves, nothing yet!

milestones- I guess just getting through Wednesday and seeing the little flicker heartbeat!

• @missmarissa711 Thank you,  that puts my mind to rest a little more.
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• 1. How many weeks are you? 
    5 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    One in October 2017 at 9 weeks

Feeling happy with reservations, like waiting to see if this one sticks before I get super into planning everything. But I'm so happy to have this after a year and a half of trying.
    I'm feeling nauseated late in the day recently, which just makes me regret everything I ate, even though it's been good. I'm happy to feel sick though, because the sickness went away so quickly before my miscarriage that it's like a sign everything is ok.

I need to make one 😬

Nothing yet!

Baby #1 turns 3 on Sunday!

Visiting my family in Montana, the mountains and no mosquito summer are the best.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? Almost 6 weeks 

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 in September 2018, blighted ovum at almost 11 weeks.  Huge crazy miscarriage that required a ER room D&C.  We hadn’t even told our daughter (or really anybody) that we were pregnant, but she got to see me (graphic) bleeding out like crazy on the shower floor.  Not fun.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? While I wasn’t super emotionally attached to a baby yet last time, the thought of miscarriage again scares me.  My first pregnancy was so long ago (9 years ago) and was so smooth that I really don’t remember much about it to compare this one to.  I feel pretty good this time, more genuinely pregnant that the miscarriage round, so I’m hopeful everything is going well.  I’m physically tired but feeling pretty well.  

4. Any appointment updates? None yet- my first appointment is on Thursday 4/18

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I’m a big herbal tea consumer on a regular basis, but now I’m not sure if I drink too much of it.  

6. Any milestones coming up?  My husband just turned 40, and our family is on the brink of moving and changing jobs to work in something we enjoy.  We are coming from working for my parents’ business.  Big, wonderful changes!!!

7. GTKY? Favorite vacation?  Disneyland or  Maui 🌴❤️
  • @bakerstreetboys, I’m already dreading that screening. I’m torn on whether or not to decline bc I feel like that will make my anxiety worse. It has pros and cons but with DS it was positive for Downs. He was born perfectly healthy but that false positive and the panic it brought has scarred me for life. 
  • @k_mama91 Did you have further testing done with DS?  For me, I just need to know because I’ll worry either way. 

*TW
    As devastating as it was to be faced with the decision to have a medical termination, for us it was the right decision. Heart breaking, but I could have carried for a few more months and lost him anyway. He would not have lived either way so we felt it was best for him. 
  • I am excited to see some familiar names here <3

1. How many weeks are you? 4W

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 CP( June 5.5 weeks July (6 weeks) 2018) BO November 2018 (9 weeks)

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I am honestly so shocked, I thought we missed FW because I was out of town for an entire week 2 weeks ago... I am excited, scared and fraeking out a little. 

4. Any appointment updates?  Had blood work this morning, waiting for my HCG & Progesterone levels. 

7. GTKY? Favorite vacation? I love all vacations, but we are beach snobs! Living only 6 hours away it's a quick couple day break!
  • @bakerstreetboys that is very true, and one of the reasons I’m so torn. I would do the same as you did if in that position. But for things like downs I don’t feel it’s necessary to go thru the heartache and stress when we would love that child and raise them regardless. With DS we went to a high risk and had scans on the heart, brain, etc and it was ultimately ruled a false positive. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 5

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 CP before my daughter, m/c at 10 weeks (baby stopped growing at 7 weeks) in Oct 2018, and another CP in Dec. 2018

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Most days my symptoms are strong and I feel very positive about this baby. Then days like today my symptoms are not as strong and it's all I can do just to hope everything is OK.

4. Any appointment updates? OB Intake/health history appointment on 4/9, bc this is a new practice I am starting at. Will give me an opportunity to ask questions and see if I can get an U/S at 7-8 weeks. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? n/a

6. Any milestones coming up? I'm past the point of my CP from December, Tomorrow I will be past the point of my first CP, and I think once I pass 8 weeks and see a heartbeat on U/S, I'll start to feel more secure. I know that things can happen at any time in a pregnancy, but 8 weeks gets me past all my losses.

7. GTKY? Favorite vacation? Favorite vacation we have taken so far was to Montana for a friend's wedding. I loved hiking and riding horses in the mountains and Yellowstone was great too.
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• I'm feeling ok other than tired and it's freaking me out.  I'll be going for so many reassurance blood tests, they're going to have a hard time finding somewhere to poke me!

• How’s everyone doing? Symptoms? Anxiety? 

In an an odd turn of events, I feel so at peace with whatever comes. A week ago I didn’t think that would be possible. But just a couple days past the milestone I just felt amazingly calm. I haven’t had the urge to test. Unused HPTs sit in the cabinet. It’s been very, very nice. I can’t explain it, but I’m trying to just enjoy it!

Maybe it’s the complete exhaustion. I’m just too tired to worry or care? Because wow the exhaustion is hard hitting. 9 hours of sleep? Not enough. Need a nap that will never come by 1030am. I don’t know how I’m making it through the day. 😴 
  • Got my progesterone and HCG results from Tuesday. HCG was 6,000+ which is in range for 5 weeks, on the higher end even. Progesterone was 9 ng/ml. I didn't have my progesterone tested with any previous pregnancies, so I have nothing to compare it to. Google has been no help, as it looks like 9 is on the low end, but still normal/OK. The note on my test result says it's OK. I have asked to have it drawn again to make sure it is rising as expected, hopefully they'll have me come in soon. I'm still having all my symptoms, and even felt a little nausea on and off today, so I'm hoping all is OK. 

First ultrasound will be 4/30, trying to get it moved to 4/29, as my Mom will be here from out of state and leaves on the 30th. I'll call tomorrow to try to reschedule that.

I'm trying not to worry too much, as the viability of this pregnancy is completely out of my hands. Some days I don't worry much or at all, others I can't fall asleep b/c I'm worrying. 
    MC January 2016

• This is really tough.  Some days I feel really pregnant due to morning sickness and general exhaustion, which I actually have cherished this time.  Today, I’m just starting my day and not feeling very sick yet, and actually fairly well rested.  It actually scares me and makes me anxious that my symptoms can come and go.  I’m only around 6w3d, and my last miscarriage (blighting ovum) didn’t take place until almost 11 weeks.  My first scan is on the 18th.  

Generally I think I feel more pregnant this time.  I’ve definitely experienced more morning sickness and I’ve felt more tired, my boobs are pretty sore.  I don’t know, I still have this weird feeling not to get too attached sometimes.  The U/S will hopefully put my mind more at ease.  I’m just scared they’ll see the same thing as last time.  Maybe I’ll start feeling sick in a bit and distract myself from the anxiety 😛
  • Hope you were able to move that appointment @Megz1902! Yay for symptoms!

@cpk3535 I’m also try My to not get attached. I’m still in a “I’ll believe it when I see it” state of mind. 

Well, it’s safe to say the lack of anxiety has been because of the exhaustion. Today the fatigue is super mild, nonexistent even, and anxiety is through the roof. If it were just a lack of exhaustion that would be one thing, but the exhaustion and sore boobs were the last symptoms I had left. Boob soreness has been fading for days and is officially gone today. And with no exhaustion or anything else...well I just know deep down that’s not good. That’s how it all started last time. I thought wow I’m feeling great! I was naive then but now now. Fully expecting spotting to start any day. I do not feel the least bit PG anymore. Nothing whatsoever. And I’ve also decided I need to start researching a new OBGYN. I have never needed anything more than a well woman appointment until this year and now that I’m needing actual medical care I am repeatedly completely unimpressed with the communication from and within this practice. Okay. Deep breaths. Headed back into the office.  Less than 4 hours to go until I can cry all the tears. 
  • @_khaleesi I’m sorry you’re where you’re at.  I honestly don’t know where I’m at either.  I did the same thing today- wearing a panty liner just in case spotting starts.  I haven’t totally given up hope, and I hope you haven’t either.  Who knows- we may just get those rainbow babies we’re supposed to have.  I’m also switching docs this round- last time the handling of my situation was such a disappointment, I didn’t want to go back.  They didn’t really know me anyway, as my last dedicated OB/GYN had left for another facility.  Let us know how things are going.  I’ll keep you all posted as well ❤️
  • 1. How many weeks are you? Not quite 4

2. Previous loss(es)?  2nd trimester Mmc 2/12 malignant molar pregnancy 8/17 and cp 12/18

Physically like crap.  But I have had a stomach virus for a few days.  I have been slightly nauseous all day, which I think is more likely morning sickness, and literally no food sounds good.

I haven’t called my doctor yet.  I will call Monday to get betas started.  I hate betas and don’t want to.

Not really. I have very little emotion about this right now. 

6. Any milestones coming up?   Milestone for my cp in a few days

i guess Disney or the beach.

• @_khaleesi and @cpk3535 I’m sorry ladies! I’m extremely anxious as well. It’s so hard, especially on these type of boards, to not compare symptoms and over analyze everything we do/don’t feel. My only symptom has been exhaustion but im on progesterone so that could be causing it instead of a viable pregnancy. 
  • _khaleesi_khaleesi member
    edited April 2019
    Omggggg @holly321 sooooo happy to see you here! Yayyyy! Congrats lady!

@cpk3535 oh yes I always have liners with me! I haven’t given up but also haven’t allowed myself to be the least bit excited and we are not adjusting or avoiding making plans that are definitely not compatible. There are also a few things I’d like to buy but last time I ordered just some basic stuff like books for H and tummy drops for me, that very night is when the spotting started. And the day I MC is when everything I ordered started arriving. I won’t do that to myself again! I hope you find a doc you love! That’s so important. And that’s whats extra hard and disappointing for me. I actually love mine. It’s the stuff outside of her that’s really making me nervous should anything important actually pop up during a pregnancy. Please do keep us posted! We’re all in this together!

@k_mama91 I hope we all get great answers soon! And that we are just one of the lucky few that have easy peasy pregnancies and deliveries! Do you have an appointment yet that would help with the anxiety if all goes well? Just 11 days and 6.5 hours for me, which lets face it may as well be next year. 😛

I did take an HPT last night. ☺️ Test line still darker than control. And I did end up passing out at 830, it just hit me out of nowhere that yeah I’m going to bed right now. I just want those few days back where I was all ‘it is what it is’ and I was okay with that! 😂 I still know that’s how it is but now I’m not okay with it. Stupid hormones. 
  • OH! Also for you ladies like me that are comforted by numbers, if you haven’t seen this calculator check it out! It gives you probability of MC and NOT MC by gestational age and takes your age and history into consideration. I currently have Wednesday circled on my calendar. I’ll officially be at 90% chance of no MC. 

https://datayze.com/miscarriage-chart.php?mode=table

• @_khaleesi that’s a great resource!! My appointment is this Monday at 1:30! I’m halfway excited halfway dreading it, I just want to see a healthy baby so bad! 
  • EMW101187EMW101187 member
    edited April 2019
    1. How many weeks are you? 6w1d

2. Previous loss(es)? Dec 2, 2017 (7 weeks) and Oct 2, 2018 (Harper Grace at 17 weeks, Triploidy)

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I stressed so much with Harper Grace (my last pregnancy/loss), I think I somehow knew something was wrong.... With this one, I'm hopeful. I'm still nervous, deep down, but I'm taking it a day at a time. We really want this pregnancy to work out. I've got so much love to give! 

4. Any appointment updates? Had bloodwork to check HcG and Progesterone levels. Got an all clear. 7 weeks has been about the time my progesterone levels drop, so 1 more week!!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing at the moment. 

6. Any milestones coming up? 7 week progesterone level check and NT screening around 12/13 weeks. If all is good, then I can breathe a sigh of relief! #halfway there!

7. GTKY? Favorite vacation? No favorites. I do have a cruise coming up May 1. Going to the Bahamas. Should be nice and relaxing! Sad that I can't drink considering it's all inclusive! I'll just eat twice the amount of sweets 😉
  • Thanks @_khaleesi I haven't seen that! Also... You ready for tomorrow?

• Ugh, stress levels are too high right now. I have epilepsy that is triggered by hormones and stress/anxiety, and lucky me, I started having a bunch of seizures (petit mal, not grand mal, thank god) last night and into this morning.

I need to calm down about my nerves on my situation. Even though I practice yoga regularly, I’m still super stressed.  My work is also at fault here, where I work for my parents. My father is a thoughtless jerk as a boss goes- our last miscarriage, he consoled me on a dad level briefly one day, followed by a tear-apart boss session only days after my ER d&c.  Who does that?!?  

Sorry for rambling.  I’m taking it easy today- still no bleeding, thank god, just feeling tired and lightly crampy.  Countdown is 5 days till my appointment.  I want to see a heartbeat!  I never saw one the last time ☹️  

Let’s all keep supporting each other.  Good things will come ❤️🙏
  • 8-2015ml8-2015ml member
    edited April 2019
    I'm 6 weeks
    I lost babies in August (10 weeks) and December (7 weeks) of 2018.
    I've already had HCG levels and progesterone were checked and they are looking good. Mostly worried at this point... 
    I'm taking baby Aspirin nd progesterone tablet everyday.

• Not feeling too positive today. Had some spotting this afternoon. It's gone now, as long as it doesn't come back, I'll not worry much. But every loss I've had has started this way. My boobs are not feeling as sore. Of course this has to happen on a Saturday, so I have to wait till Monday to call my Doctor. I won't go to the ER, as thats an expensive ultrasound and there is likely nothing they can do. This waiting sucks, and pretty much has me in a bad mood for the rest of the weekend. Which is not fair to my husband and daughter. And, if I manage to get into the doctors on Monday, I'll need to quickly find someone to watch my daughter, which will probably be my MIL if she's not working, but in any case, will force me to have to tell a few people we are pregnant, which i didn't want to do until we had good news from an ultrasound. 

fingers crossed this spotting is nothing...but it has never been nothing in that past...
    MC January 2016

• @Megz1902 I’ll keep positive thoughts and energy heading your way!  I’m in the same boat with my MIL watching our daughter for the doc’s appointment this week.  I told her I was just going in for a check up, but I have a feeling she knows.  Last time, we kept totally quiet until the miscarriage, so this time, maybe letting people know will swing things in our favor???
  • Thanks @cpk3535

Looks like spotting is done for now. It was just a little pink on Saturday, then a little brown on Sunday morning. And nothing since. It was only when I wiped, so could have been nothing. I'm just used to any blood meaning the beginning of the end, so I won't relax completely until I go see the Dr, get bloods drawn, and maybe an ultrasound. I'm a bit of a worrier the first trimester now, after 2 losses in 3 months...
    MC January 2016

• @Megz1902 I know what you mean about worrying, but I'm happy to hear that your spotting has stopped.  Hopefully you'll get an u/s to help ease the anxiety.

@cpk3535 I'm sorry your Dad handled the situation like that.  That would be incredibly difficult.  I hope you are able to get your stress levels down to avoid any more seizures.

I broke and asked my fertility clinic for an earlier ultrasound, I just feel like I can't live with the anxiety until the 25th.  I am hoping to hear back from them today.

• @Megz1902 How are you feeling/doing today? 

• Megz1902Megz1902 member
    edited April 2019
    @klmcguire Just faint traces of brown spotting when I wipe. I suppose thats good, as brown is old blood, and usually nothing to worry about. I am going in today for HCG and Progesterone checks. Checking with the office if there is anything else they can do. Might get started on progesterone just in case. 

Edited to add: going in this afternoon for blood draws and a quick appointment. I feel like the appointment may be a waste of my midwife's time, but it appears to be the only way to get an ultrasound is see the midwife, and then they can schedule an ultrasound... When I spoke with the office, they said they couldn't schedule an ultrasound without a provider's approval, but they could set up an appointment with my midwife. 
    MC January 2016

• So now I am reading several studies showing that progesterone probably doesn't help prevent miscarriage. *shrug* I'm going to take it anyway probably as it can't hurt. I'll know in about 2 weeks at the U/S how things are going. Going in at 5 to get blood drawn and see the OB, not expecting much out of the appointment, but hoping the Dr. can reassure me that all is OK, especially if the spotting doesn't return.

How is everyone else on this fine *sarcasm* Monday.
    MC January 2016

• @megz1902 my doctor was telling me about the progesterone study with my 8/17 loss.   

I too am spotting/bleeding.  I have this every time I am pregnant, regardless of outcome, and it has slowed significantly.  But, besides my CP, I have bled from about 4/5- 8, every single time, so I am certain it is happening again.  I had a beta drawn today, and depending how high, I will either have an ultrasound this or early next week. Unfortunately, my betas were normal during my molar pregnancy, so they don’t really matter much in my case.