September 2019 Moms

Baby Clothes!!

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!! 
Post pics here of the cute baby clothes you want / have / made / just bought!!! 

Re: Baby Clothes!!

• @zuuls_mom I LOOOOVE the last outfit with the wine colored hoodie and the striped floral pants. Where did you find?! I have the floral pink and gray hoodie set for my 2YO! It's super cute in person. We got it on Wish, I think. I'll see if I have a pic! 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2019

So far all we’ve got is a onesie and the hat we used for gender reveal. Pics in spoiler bc, huge. We only have the pink hat now. ;) Oh, and a ridiculous typed and printed list of things we’ll need before baby makes her debut. With prices and links and stores where they’re available. Because I’m like that. 

@zuuls_mom here is atleast the top half of the set! 

eta - spoilers. several times. i'm not good at this yet. :/ Sorry for text under pics. Can't seem to figure out that one.

• @kiddiesandkitties I found all of it on Pinterest! My board is getting huge with things I want to buy/decorate with/etc. And OMG that onesie makes me tear up a bit! I love it. That little hoodie on your DD is so cute! She is adorable and her holding that kitten  <3
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Such cute outfits!  Since this is kiddo #3 we are in hand-me-down city lol. But I’m sure there will be a few extras I’ll pick up here and there.  Another month or two before I start rummaging through the boxes in the basement, I think. 
  • I have a “little brother” romper that I’m going to give to my son at family-only gender reveal. 
    I also have several boxes of girl clothes because OOPS! I thought we were having a girl and I tend to over-shop when I’m excited! 
  • @kiddiesandkitties those hats are adorable! I don’t have specific pictures but I am obsessed with the clothes from smocked auctions. They are adorable. I also love Matilda Jane and shrimp & grits for clothes!! 

• Love seeing all these teeny tiny clothes! 

I just bought these: 

• @themadcamel Those are so cute!  I do have to say, though, that one of the daycare teachers in the infant room when DS first started would always say, "you're so cute I'll eat you up" and I would feel very weird about leaving him with her.  I know, I know and I get it, but also she was kind of witch looking (green hair, long purple fingernails, etc) and I really didn't even need the mental image.  haha.  
  • @mamaber2204 haha that’s too funny! The text on the onesie is a play on a quote from Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak— “oh please don’t go! We’ll eat you up— we love you so!”
  • We don’t know what we are having yet, but I’m convinced it’s a girl, so I have a lot of screenshots prepared for when I can finally shop! Here is to hoping 🤣

• So question for all the STMs.  What do you prefer, footed pj's or nonfooted ones?  Where we live it'll be cold for for a good 7 months after the baby is born.  I've already received a couple of gifts for 0-3 month onesies/pj's that are not footed but it seems kind of impractical.  Baby socks don't stay on well, right?
  • @sparkles5275 I definitely prefer footed! My 3 year old still wears them. You could always get some warm fuzzy booties to wear with.
  • @sparkles5275 footed!! We had some nonfooted ones (WHY do they come in so many cuter patterns?!) but I always felt bad that babies piggies would get so chilly.  The socks DO NOT stay on.  Car seat, blanket, stroller, bouncer - 5 minutes in and one sock is gone.
  • @sparkles5275 I like the footed ones! We found some socks that would stay on from Old Navy - but they just look ridiculous because the ankle part is holding the sock on. The little feet part is so big!!
  • @sparkles5275 I prefer in the very beginning, the open gowns, there will be countless middle of night diaper changes and those gowns are a lifesaver. After that, I prefer footed pjs, but make sure they have zippers or magnets, not buttons. The button once can be a giant pain to do properly (my husband could never get them on right!) 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @MsBeachNJ Totally agree!! Once in a very non-educated decision, I bought a ($68!) non-footed sleeper with BUTTONS!  Not snaps, but real buttons, with button holes.  WTF?! 
  • We usually always do footed for bedtime. When our son was really little we would sometimes do the non footed during the day as an outfit. Now that he’s older we only use the non footed if he has a fever. 
  • Just a cautionary tale before you stock up on too much of one or the other: my mom used to have to cut the feet off of my footed PJs because I would sweat through them :|
  • @sparkles5275 we live with pretty moderate temperatures so take this with a grain of salt, but I disliked one piece sleepers footed or not, and quickly moved to the two piece pajamas and socks - DS always slept in a sleepsack so he couldn't get his socks off in the night. I felt the one pieces made diaper changes harder and I thought they also fit kind of funky and he grew out of them a lot faster (he's middle of the chart for weight and height).
  • Footed sleepers. I really need to go through my stuff and see what I kept from DD.
  • Thanks everyone.  I thought footed was the way to go but they sell so many nonfooted ones I thought I was missing something.  
  • janat1717janat1717 member
    edited April 2019
    My son was long so I appreciated non footed as they lasted longer. Also if you wear baby in footed it can pull even more on the feet.

Edited to add that gowns are my fav too for newborn stage.
  • We did footed stuff when DS was really small, but he has a long torso and grows out of them faster because they get too tight on his shoulders. We switched to two piece PJs at 6 months and have been doing that ever since. I'm planning on using the Merlin's magic sleep suit with this one too and those keep them pretty cozy so no need for socks. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom we LOVED the merlin magic sleep suit! I was so sad when she outgrew it! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @MsBeachNJ I loved it too! They look so cute! Lil' marshmallow babies lol. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @zuuls_mom and @MsBeachNJ I just had to google what the merlin magic sleep suit is - it looks like the coziest ever!
  • @ternsetc it is the best thing ever! Keeps them so cozy and then it muffles the startle reflex so they don't wake up a bunch at night. I started using it around 2.5-3 months and he slept 8+ hours straight. Amazing. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• We have two of those magic suits (hand me downs) but I never felt like I needed to use them since DS was a good sleeper. But that didn’t stop me from putting DS in it. He looked hilarious and we called it his Sumo Suit. 🤣
  • Sooo...here’s to hoping it’s a girl 😊 I have a whole Gap box filled with baby girl clothes 0-6 months. I’m definitely keeping my receipts, but I couldn’t pass these up for $5-$7/each! 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @sahm89 so cute!! I want that polka dot dress so bad! I have so many full carts just waiting to check out. Im afraid I’ll jinx it if I buy any clothes lol
  • @sahm89 That blanket 😍😍😍 Do you mind sharing the shop name?
  • @sahm89 That blanket is super cute!
  • @mommyshark13 it’s HawaiiBabyShop BUT I just got it in the mail and...it’s 17in x 17in 😂😭 I thought I read the dimensions before buying, but I guess 3am isn’t the best time to order things! I thought I’d be able to use it as a blanket and for pics, but now I’m trying to figure out what to do with this little square 🤦🏼‍♀️😆 
  • @mommyshark13 that's lovey size. My 6 yr old still carries hers. Maybe babe will love it!
  • @sahm89 I didnt even notice the shop name right there on the pic. Duh me! But I agree w/ @monkeysmom80 that it's a lovey. Still totally useable 

• Bumping this up because I know someone has gotten new baby clothes lately. SHOW MEEee!!