April 2019 Moms
Options

April Randoms

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in on all of you that are still here.  How are these last weeks/days going?  

I just had my 39 week check-up.  It's the first time I've been checked for dilation and I'm one cm. I'm feeling tired, slow, and swollen, but I'm still chugging along at work.  Ant one else working up til baby arrives?  How are you all feeling?

Re: April Randoms

• Options

Mostly a lurker here, but I'll play :)

38+1, feeling the same way you described with an add on of acid reflux. At work, wishing I was at home relaxing instead. My workload is very light so I can't really complain. Will be here until LO makes his arrival.

• Options
    jenbarrdocjenbarrdoc member
    edited April 2019
    @leenicole121144
    I'm a lurker too, but I was missing all the updates as the board has gotten quiet.  Hopefully other people will play ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I'm working up until baby comes. I'm 38+4 and feeling miserable! I can't sleep, I'm so swollen, my appetite is weird, I've had some serious GI distress the last couple weeks.....anyway, I am ready to be done! My workload is also light so it is hard to complain, but I really just want to be lying down with my feet elevated. I have a pretty long commute, so that's been tough - especially when I have to pee and I'm stuck in traffic!
  • Options
    Hey ladies,  I'm also working up until baby comes.  I'm 37+6 or 38+1.  They moved my due date up which is messing with my mind.  I have been super emotional recently.  I think it's because I feel like baby should be here.  I was hoping for an April Fools baby.  ;(  My last one came exactly at 37.  I have to keep telling myself that this extra time is good for baby development and gives me time to enjoy with my family of 3 now.  I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. Contractions here and there but nothing major.  Hope you are all hanging in there!  We'll get thru this!
  • Options
    I’m working till Monday (Unless she decides to show up before then) since I have my last appointment and NST on Tuesday the 9th and we will schedule induction at that time. 

So much pressure. Honestly it feels like if she gets any lower she’s going to fall out. Ready to be done and be able to function more normally.

DHs nesting has turned into him not sleeping since I guess he feels like he needs to be on alert and ready at anytime. 🙄 

They did catch some contractions at my NST this morning so things are getting going at least. But nothing regular. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty You definitely look like you've been carrying that baby low - I am so jealous (except for being uncomfortable, of course). I feel like mine has been high and dry and hasn't shown any signs of moving down - which definitely has me discouraged, although I know they don't always drop weeks beforehand. Still, I feel like this baby is totally comfortable to stay in there and I really, really don't want to go to 41 weeks!
  • Options
    I'm 37+6, but quit working in Jan due to child care challenge (caretaker out of town for 5 weeks) and risk of early delivery. Just like @browneyes88-2 I was hoping for an April Fool's baby and am mystified that I'm still pregnant since they've warned me to expect baby to arrive early since the end of Jan (especially since DD came at 36w5d). Trying to enjoy every extra day that baby can develop further but am hoping baby comes before they have to induce me, by the 17th!
    Seriously, what do super pregnant people do for the last few weeks? I'm so done with cleaning/organizing!
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty ha! Sometimes I wonder if baby boy is going so low that he'll end up in my thigh instead of out into the world.
  • Options
    Also working until baby comes (as long as my blood pressure stays under control), but I get to work from home so that’s at least a lot easier on me. I’ve been diagnosed with minor pre-eclampsia and am currently playing wait and see, but have an OB appointment tomorrow where we’ll hopefully schedule an induction (or a c-section depending on the conversation). Currently 38+3 (which I had to look up because I just can’t keep track anymore). Hoping tomorrow that they tell me I’m progressing, it would make all the inconsistent cramping and BH worth it. 
  • Options
    @rennie1108 @jenbarrdoc DD was the same, everyone thought boy last time based on that but nope I just carry super low. It’s kind of a blessing since that means she’s not in my ribs aggravating my asthma, but the pressure and pelvic pain is insane. Even the nurse today said it looked like she dropped and I’m like she’s got nowhere left to drop except out! She even confirmed with the ultrasound that her head is like way way down low (and also not sunny side up!!). 

Also I remember saying that birth is not like that scene in coneheads but my fluid levels are higher then last week when they said I had quite a good amount. Should I pack a snorkel? Lol. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    I’m 37+4 and working straight through until early May when the semester ends. But I’m teaching online so it should be manageable. I’m still going in 2 days a week right now, but I’ll stop even doing that once baby arrives. I feel like my baby is in my hips? Like he’s sitting on my right hip bone? I’m pretty freakin ready these days. 
  • Options
    TMI WARNING***

Ok so I'm 38 weeks today and my doctor checked me and said babe isn't engaged at all 😭 her recommendation to DH and I was to have lots of sex. That is so not something I'm in the mood for! Anyone find any good sex positions for 38 week tummy?! We've been strictly doggy style and BJs for months! 
  • Options
    I really want to organize something but I’m too exhausted after work and running errands today. Every time I stand up I have shooting pains through my lower abdomen and thighs. 
  • Options
    36+5 and I'm working up til I go into labor.  Workload is really high as I've been training a new hire in addition to my usual tasks.  I come home exhausted everyday so baby prep has to wait til the weekend 😔
  • Options
    40+2 😭 I’ve been off work for about 2 1/2 weeks and I’m bored out of my mind. I finally had a couple really intense contractions last night. I’m hoping that’s a sign something will happen soon. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow, so hopefully they’ll be able to tell me if things are moving along at all. I really don’t want to be induced, but if I don’t have the baby by next Sunday then that is a discussion my Dr wants to have.
  • Options
    saucentosssaucentoss member
    edited April 2019
    @ysotte I’m hanging out with you at 40+2.  I hope there are more signs of impending labor for you.  I’ve had many of the impending labor signs but no actual labor. I’m scheduled for a Saturday induction if this kid doesn’t come before that.   I think baby baby might not be fully positioned in the best way for now. Maybe that’s what’s slowing up things. 

I’ve been working from home but am thinking of going on leave tomorrow. We’ll see what happens. 
  • Options
    When i went to my 36 week appt, dr said he would let me go up to 41 weeks and after that point it was a csection, not an induction.  Has anyone else heard something similar?  I'm not sure why the csection is preferred at that point - maybe its because DD was a cesection or because I'm AMA?
  • Options
    @tmblickley I'd definitely ask why they'd prefer to do a c-section and I'm curious, too! I can't imagine it's because you're AMA; I'm guessing the former is more likely. On Friday I'll be 39 weeks and I told DH that we are going to start having lots of sex because I want this baby out! I do NOT want to go to 41 weeks, and although I don't want to be induced, I will happily accept it if I go over my due date (which the midwife keeps hinting at because apparently that's what happens often with FTMs - yuck).
  • Options
    For everyone still pregnant and heading into week 40, you might be interested in this article about due dates, and why they're wrong! 

https://expectingscience.com/2014/09/29/your-due-date-is-wrong-so-when-is-labor-really-most-likely/amp/
  • Options
    @professormama I've read something similar to that, and it is really good to be reminded of it! I think society doesn't help, either. People get so surprised when you don't have your baby on or before your due date. They actually think something is wrong with you! I also think that because babies are being born earlier and earlier, thanks to modern medicine, that some people think it's ok to have their baby early - of course, I'm not including people that HAVE to have their baby early - but if you're having a healthy pregnancy, having a baby early isn't necessarily a good thing (I read an article on that, too, although I can't remember where I read it). Of course, having said all that, having a due date really is mental torture and because I, too, have fallen into that false sense of "I have to have my baby by the due date," I will be so upset if I go past my due date....even though it may be what's best for the babe! Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.
  • Options
    39+1 and I’ve been 1cm dialted for a month now lol. And no effacement, thick and closed as my doctor says. I’ve had some intense period type cramping and increased discharge today, but I’m not getting my hopes up 

Work: Since I’m a coach my job is seasonal, so I’ve been done since mid February. I’m always impressed by everyone still working. Right now I’m trying to decide if I want to take the summer season off. I feel like since I’ll only be 4-6weeks pp, have 3 kids and blueberry season (which means no DH 90% of the time)that it will be too stressful. On the other hand I love all my swimmers like my own and I don’t want to disappoint anyone. 
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma Well, I'm impressed that you are pregnant and taking care of 2 kids! Work is difficult now, but I can't imagine having other children to care for - that's a whole different level of difficult. And honestly, if I had more PTO I wouldn't be working right now. I'm so f'n miserable. 
  • Options
    @tmblickley are you trying for a VBAC? I would guess there might be some concern about extra complications with trying to induce if your previous birth was a c-section but I’m not totally sure.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    I was thinking last night why "due date" is even a thing lol. I would have been just as happy with a due-around. Like "oh you are due around late april/early may". 

Anyway, i've still got a bit to go. My "due date" is April 30th. 36+4 measuring about 37 and 1CM dilated and 70% effaced at my appointment today. I plan on working as long as I can, my husband and I run a business and I do ordering and online fulfillment so the work is mild but the stress is high being self employed. Luckily I have got pretty good at not getting stressed... even though we still have yet to find my replacement here while I am out. 
  • Options
    The MA at my midwife's office asked me if I wanted a cervical check when I was there on Monday. I was actually pretty surprised because they generally don't do them. When she asked I was a little tempted, but I still declined. I knew if she told me I was dilated I'd get my hopes up, and if I wasn't I'd just be upset lol. I figured it wouldn't do me any good mentally.
  • Options
    My doula basically told me to forget about my due date, especially as a FTM. so I've been pretty much planning to be "late" since I got pregnant 😂
  • Options
    @frenchfrymama That's probably the best way to look at it! I have been telling some people that I think the baby is nice and cozy in there and so I'm not expecting him/her on time.....just so those people stop bugging me about when I'm due.
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty, yeah my preference is to at least to try for a vbac to decrease my recovery time.  It's been 3 years since my csection so i assume its adequately healed.  Supposedly there's approx. a 70% success rate for vbac, but in the end I'll do whatever is medically necessary to get him out safely.
  • Options
    @kflanders24 my doctor said she wished they referred to it as a Due Month, and not a due date so that it covers 38-42weeks

@rennie1108 I love being home with my kids but they are exhausting, especially with this week being spring break. I’ve also had my autistic nephew here since Sunday 
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma I'm in the same boat as you. 39 + 1 and thick as well with only a fingertip dilated. Doctor will do a NST on the 9th and check to see if we will be inducing or possibly having a C-section. He says I have a narrow pelvis so I'm more afraid that we will be doing a C-section.
  • Options
    I'm being induced in 16 hours. I am too nervous to sleep
  • Options
    @tmblickley I'm trying for a VBAC too, in my province they would induce me on my due date in hopes of preventing another csection, so I think the preference varies from place to place. Really hoping to be part of that 70%! Recovery from a major surgery while having a newborn is not as fun as people think =p
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma That sounds like a lot. I'm exhausted for you! 
  • Options
    I'm too tired with working full time (we are understaffed right now) and getting DDs things cleaned up for this baby that I hired a company to deep clean my house last week.  Unfortunately the job they did on the blinds was terrible so they came back out tonight to do them again.  They look fantastic now, but the ladies broke 3 of the blinds.  Now i have to call the company to see how to get them fixed or replaced.  ARGGGG!
  • Options
    @tmblickey I would be super annoyed. They definitly should replace them for you. 
  • Options
    I want to do more house cleaning and organizing but holy crap I’m in so much discomfort these days. 38 weeks of pregnancy is no joke. I’ve never made it to this point in pregnancy before. My son was born at 37 weeks. 
  • Options
    @professormama I was thinking the same thing about cleaning. But as soon as I get home from work, I painstakingly peel off my shoes, socks, and pants and getting into cozies and put my feet up. I'm 39 weeks today and holy shit, my feet and ankles are so swollen, it upsets me to even look at them. I actually emailed my midwife today because I'm paranoid something is wrong.....although I'm guessing it's just typical swelling that I just wasnt prepared for. It HURTS.
  • Options
    @rennie1108 probably wise to email and check just in case. Swelling is definitely normal most of the time , but it CAN be a sign of pre-e. That sounds really miserable. My main discomfort is shooting pains through my hips and thighs, especially when I stand or walk much, plus definitely bruised ribs. I’m basically only comfortable lying on my side with pillows between my legs, and even then, not great. Fingers crossed these babies come soon!
  • Options
    Yes, I welcome the baby anytime! Your pains sound pretty crappy, too! I guess I've been lucky in that regard, at least - no discomfort in my ribs or my pelvis. I think I'm tall enough where baby just chills right in the middle!
  • Options
    @rennie1108 I’m like 5’5” which I don’t think of as particularly short. But, just straight up genetically, I’m VERY thin /small boned - like pre-pregnancy I was a size 28 bra band. This pregnancy my rib cage has expanded such that I had to go up to a band size 32, plus add a bra extender on the largest size, and I can barely close it now. At this point my ribs feel like they’re literally about to pop open. My doctor even commented on how uncomfortable my ribs must be. At least that was very validating. Today I told her I felt bruised and battered, and she said “well you are”. Again, at least it’s validating. Hah. 

Im just trying to plug away and get more work tasks under control. It feels never ending.