September 2019 Moms
Options

All due date check in, w/o 3.25

2»

Re: All due date check in, w/o 3.25

• Options
    @janat1717 Haha, when I was doing mine last time I had one day where I had pizza, a cookie and a lemonade with a friend after being really hungry (a super unusual meal for me).  The results were off the charts!  I also don't eat much sugar (well, ok, normal me doesn't eat much sugar - I've had more lately than usual), so that super sugary drink would probably make me feel pretty sick afterwards!  
  • Options
    @nomangos23 hope you have a great scan today! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nomangos23 everything went great but baby was stubborn. We kept watching the screen for 30 mins waiting for him/her to flip over so we could get a nasal bone measurement. Dr says stubborn but I enjoyed every one of those 30 min watching all the wiggles !
  • Options
    Babe was perfect! We even got to see him clap his hands... And... he's still a boy! haha

Does anyone know if you can do the glucose testing with something other that those sugary drinks they give you? I have a GF who said she was able to do it with two bottles of apple juice but she also has a lot of food allergies and sensitivities. 

AFM, I booked our babymoon to Santa Fe last weekend and I'm soooo excited. The only thing I have booked is an 80 minute couples massage and I am A-OK with that. 

I'm getting really antsy about wanting to buy baby things. It's starting to click that this is REAL! I still can't believe it. I made the mistake of going to Buy Buy Baby (alone) yesterday and left feeling very overwhelmed. So. Much. Crap. And I have no idea what I really need / don't really need. My main reason for going was to check out their baby seat / stroller combos and dang those suckers are heavy. I'm going to have to start going arm work outs or something. 

@zuuls_mom I'm sorry you aren't feeling better. This is your second right? Have your first pregnancy this rough?

@themadcamel Aw so sweet you could break the news in person. My mom is still convinced our baby is a girl, even though I've shown her his willy twice now  :D  Did your digestion situation ever get better? Did you find something that worked for you?

@monkeysmom80 Ugh migraines are the worst. What are you doing for them? Cold compress and dark room? 

@MsBeachNJ I'm getting more headaches too, but I've noticed only when I eat something overly sugary. So bizarre. Also, chest is definitely sore-er (lol) I was noticing as I was bounding up the stairs at the OB office. 

• Options
    @nomangos23 Haha, we were actually  just talking about the glucose drink on another thread (I don't remember which one).  You can opt to do blood sugar testing 4x/day for 7 days instead (you do the finger prick thing and then submit your results after the week is up.  I did that last time because I didn't want to consume the insane amount of sugar or the artificial colors in the drink.  I have also heard that some places will let you eat a banana and drink OJ.  It's worth asking about!  I'm hoping my midwife is down for banana and OJ this time.  The finger pricking got old last time.  :)  
  • Options
    @nomangos23 One more response. :)  We went to Taos, NM for a quick getaway last pregnancy and it was AMAZING.  We basically ate enchiladas every 3 hours for a 3 day weekend.  Haha.  Have so much fun in Santa Fe!
  • Options
    @nomangos23 my pregnancy with DS was actually worse! lol I was sick most of the day/multiple times a day until almost 26 weeks! Some days I would be ok and only get sick a couple times but be able to eat and drink, but others I couldn't even keep water down. It was horrible. *TW my last pregnancy I was nauseated most days, but didn't actually get sick, so this one seems much more like my pregnancy with DS! End TW*
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Options
    @nomangos23 I've heard of people eating a bag of skittles for the test. I am a pro when it comes to those drinks now but it helps if you Dr office chills them first.   And for Migraines: Hot compress with cold air, dark space, pressure.  I think my face is bruised from the "massages" I was doing.  But I obviously can't do that at work.
  • Options
    @nomangos23 I've been doing a 20 prenatal yoga I found on YouTube--Sarah Beth Yoga. Then I also try to do some cardio on my days off because I can do that during nap. Some places let you have other types of sugar for your GTT, it just has to meet a certain requirement of glucose. It's just more work, and really, the drink is going to be more accurate if you aren't doing the finger pokes because it should be consumed in under 5 minutes.
  • Options
    @nomangos23 we went into buy buy baby for the same purpose and came out just as confused and overwhelmed!

Anyone have thoughts on going to the Bahamas for a babymoon??
  • Options
    @nomangos23 @nightdreamr13 I had a toddler-mom walk me through the store before I created my registry and she told me everything I do and don't need.  We actually used the registry gun and I just scanned whatever she recommended, then DH and I went back a few weeks later and adjusted based on our preferences.  It was very helpful to have her to simplify the aisles and aisles of stuff.
  • Options
    @nightdreamr13 We probably would have booked a trip to the Bahamas for our babymoon if we hadn't already gone there.  We had a great time!  No Zika, it was easy to get to from the east coast, and we didn't have to deal with jet lag.  

@nomangos23 Santa Fe sounds cool.  I haven't really spent any time in NM.  I've only driven through.

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 14+3

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: house mouse

Upcoming Appointments: Today.  Finally got to see the little guy moving around (first U/S was at 6+6)

How are you feeling?: I have a head cold that's finally on its way out, but otherwise doing well. My heart goes out to all you ladies still dealing with morning sickness and the flu @septoctkids

Rants/Raves: We are going to tell our families this week.

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite color and why? Probably blue.  I tend to gravitate towards more cool colors instead of earth tones. I don't own any yellow, orange, or brown clothes.  Mostly pinks, blues, purples, grays, and black.
  • Options
    @sparkles5275 My wardrobe sounds like yours.  Heavy on the black and blue with some other cool colors mixed in.  I'm not one for bright colors!  My "springtime" clothes are light gray.  Haha.  
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: Sept 13 / 15+5

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: green for now .... I’m not sure I have the patience to keep waiting though. 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: lightbulb

Upcoming Appointments: April 2 for 16 week appt 

How are you feeling?: very hungry and a bit anxious (which I hope will get better once I start feeling little flutters to let me know everything is ok)

Rants/Raves: I finally went maternity shopping yesterday and got some great stuff! 

GTKY: What is your favorite color and why? I always gravitate to mustard, mint, and navy.

(will come back later for tags) 
  • Options
    FTM - 16w4d - team green (if we can make it to September w/o caving!)
    GTKY - I love all color and have never been able to pick one fave ... right now all about yellows and greens (maybe because spring is finally here?) Thinking of doing natural wood furniture in the nursery with allll the colors.

• Options
    cateyes543cateyes543 member
    edited March 2019
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: sept 25/14 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Baby is as big as a debit card

Upcoming Appointments: had a follow up US one Monday-SCH is resolved so that is good news! Next up is mid April for 16 week appointment

How are you feeling?: Good. Still nauseas in the morning before eating but overall good 

Rants/Raves: Second Tri! 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite color and why? Blue and magenta pink. Not sure why, just always have been.
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry not tagging anyone, I'm overwhelmed and just shouting out random comments while I read. 

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: Sept. 2/17w + 3d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: an avocado 

Upcoming Appointments: AS on 4/15, short visit w/MD on 4/22

How are you feeling?:  Good, but still feel fat and not pregnant. Like others, looking forward to feeling flutters and kicks so I can be reassured that things are OK. 

Rants/Raves: Feeling mellow this week. Just got DH to help clean the house so that's exciting (but it's also his family coming over tomorrow). Also enjoying all these conversations on the board and learning lots. especially appreciate all the product recommendations and places to buy cute baby clothes :)

Questions: Anyone running and having lower abdominal pain? It's not super intense, more like cramps. I know this can be normal but I feel guilty/worried every time I run through it. My doctor told me to try the treadmill but it's just getting to be so nice here and I've been cooped up inside all winter. 

GTKY: What is your favorite color and why? I love bright colors but I could live with anything navy blue... It's neutral but not boring and matches with everything. 
  • Options
    kdl89kdl89 member
    I feel like I haven't bumped in awhile life has been busy. I have been trying to come on and stay updated just haven't been adding to the conversations.

Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 17 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue: should find out the first part of may.

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: a pomegranate

Upcoming Appointments: April 3 just a check up.

How are you feeling?: Good still going to bed by 8:30 but over all good.

Rants/Raves: My little one has another ear infection which means lack of sleep for this house. And work has been crazy busy these last few weeks with year end hoping it will slow down next week.

Questions:  nope

GTKY: What is your favorite color and why? Pink it just makes me happy lol.
  • Options
    @dahliasanddogs Me, me!  I'm a runner and I lift and I end up with a pretty good side stitch and/or lower abdominal pain (usually on the right) most times.  It's round ligament pain.  The ligament doesn't take too kindly to being bounced around when it's already stretched.  No harm to baby.  Last time around I started wearing a belly support band at around month 8 for my runs to support the ligaments.  
  • Options
    @mamaber2204 Wow! You were running into month 8?! I hope I can stay active that long, I feel so much better. I think I’ll give the belly band a try. Right now there’s not much to hold but I feel like the next month is going to bring some changes and I’m already feeling something. Thanks for sharing. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: September 26, 14+1

Planning on telling work next week  :#

Team Green/Pink/Blue:  Officially team pink!  Our NIPT test came back. I am thrilled because I was hoping for a second girl, but my husband was really hoping for a boy.  I think 2 is my limit so a boy would have been nice, but at the same time, I'm thrilled my daughter gets to grow up with a sister!!

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is size of ...: Troll doll ?

Upcoming Appointments:  Next appointment is in 2 weeks on the 29th.

How are you feeling?: all day nausea is mostly gone though I do find myself unable to handle certain smells/sights still.  The hardest for me being emptying my daughter's little potty or changing a BM diaper if she goes during nap and the sight of milk which is unfortunate since my daughter is ALL about milk these days.  

GTKY: What is your favorite color and why?  I love the color green.  makes me think of spring and as a plus, it is a good color on me.
  • Options
    Having a lot of anxiety today...keep thinking something is wrong. I hope after a/s I can calm down. Also I hope once I'm feeling movement I'll feel more comfortable too. Sorry for being a downer I just still have so much fear and uncertainty 
  • Options
    @supermom34482 I've started to feel what I think is baby. It is making me feel way better even though I'm not positive it is even really the baby. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Hugs, @supermom34482!! Soon the AS will be here and you’ll be able to feel baby will be kicking away!! 
  • Options
    @supermom34482 I’m right there with you on the anxiety train. The AS can’t come soon enough. I keep thinking something awful will happen. Sending hugs your way!
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    Seriously you ladies are the best! I am so happy to have you all...thank you for the comfort and encouragement. I feel silly telling people IRL, they just don't get it and think I'm insane. ♡♡♡ to all of you rock star mamas ♡♡♡