March 2019 Moms

Birth Announcements!

Please post your birth announcement here. Share any details you would like about your delivery, and if comfortable your LO’s name (without last name), birth stats and perhaps a picture.

Please only post announcements so this thread doesn’t get cluttered. Show your support with Love It’s on individual posts!
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Birth Announcements!

• Loading the player...
  • Team Green is team pink! Baby girl Ayana Kahlila arrived on her due date March 10th at 11:41pm. We had planned to deliver at the birth center but I was in prodromal labor from Wednesday to Sunday!! So painful  and exhausting. Finally kicked into active labor early Sunday around 12:40am and went to birth center around 10am. I was completely effaced but wasnt dilating past 6 cm for HOURS. At this point was so exhausted. My water broke and there was a little meconium but no cause for concern. We Finally transferred to hospital shortly before 6pm, got an epidural and five hours later I pushed out my little sweetheart. So over the moon in love! 
  • Our little girl Kyra Belle was born 3/12 at 6:10pm. 8lbs 5oz, 20 3/4 inches Due date was 3/28 with a RCS scheduled for the 22nd. I lost my mucus plug around 10am on the 12th and started having contractions shortly after that. We called labor and delivery and was told to go in to be checked out. Went and got checked out was 2cm dialated  90% effaced.  After a couple hours of monitoring they decided to go ahead with the  csection that night because labor was progressing.  My spinal would not take and her heart rate dropped so they had to put me under with general anesthesia. She needed to be on a CPAP for the first hour because of having difficulty breathing. No breathing problems since then. They moved her to the level 2 NICU also. The next day her blood sugar was down because she was not wanting to eat on her own so they had to insert a feeding tube. It's 3/18 and are still currently in the NICU because she is having problems eating on her own. She shows little interest and we need to wake her to even try giving a bottle or breast before resorting to the tube feed every 3 hours.