Trying to Get Pregnant

Month 11 TTC and two CPs, looking for encouragement!

kaeineuropekaeineurope member
edited March 2019 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hello all, first time posting here. Just a little about us: Been TTC baby #1 for 10 full cycles, justing using OPKs which have been pretty reliable for me. My partner and I are both 35. My cycles are super regular - 28-32 days with O always happening between days 12-16. Had a CP on cycle 2, 5 days of tests that never got darker, spotting then my cycle. Took us another 7 cycles to get a BFP again, this time I stopped testing a day or two after I got the positive because it was super stressed out it, and a week later, same story - AF reared her ugly head. At this point I went to my gyno who was NOT reassuring at all and said that CPs are not THAT common. Thank goodness I had done a lot of my own reading up on this and knew that they were in fact pretty darn common and not to be too concerned. She ordered up a bunch of genetic testing, they found nothing. I asked her for progesterone because I usually spot for up to 5 days before AF shows so I was concerned about a luteal phase defect. So been using the progesterone for a few cycles now, I usually wait a good 4 days to start it after my positive OPK so as not to block ovulation. I have also self-prescribed baby aspirin which I start taking a few days before AF is expected, just in case. 

We are now on cycle 11, and I am 4 DPO. All of my other positives came on 11 DPO so going to test next week. I've been a bit anxious because this is taking so long, I am never missing my fertile window (we BD practically every day - no chances lol) -- but I was wondering if there was anyone out there with multiple CPs that could send some happy success stories my way while in the two week wait? Or someone in a similar situation so we can commiserate :-):smile:

Me, 35, SO 35.
Personal assistant to one 10 year-old fur baby (cat, pictured).
Human baby #1 EDD Feb 11, 2020
BFP July 12, 2018 - CP
BFP December 7, 2018 - CP

Re: Month 11 TTC and two CPs, looking for encouragement!

• Loading the player...