April 2019 Moms

Baby Shower Thread

13»

Re: Baby Shower Thread

• Oh man, I hadn’t even thought about shower gifts! My MIL and two SILS threw one shower, and my mom/sister/aunt/other SIL are throwing another. I don’t know if I can swing 7 gifts. I’ll definitely do cards for them all at the very least. 
  • My sister will be throwing me another shower after the baby’s born when we do our first visit to my hometown... she won’t be getting a gift, but I did want to show my appreciation for my coworker who I never expected something like this from. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I sent a note with a gift card to the ladies who hosted my showers with DD. 

I had a surprise diaper sprinkle last night from the ladies in my bible study. It was really sweet. Got diapers, an umbrella stroller, and a few clothes. I didn’t think I was having a shower at all so this was extra nice. 
  • I went to Bath and Body Works and got some shower gel and lotions. And wrote a note that said thanks for "showering" baby __ with love! 
    Love this! & think I may Be stealing this idea!! ❤️
    DD #1: BFP: 3-6-10 EDD: 11-10-10 Baby Girl Came 11-1-10
    DD #2: BFP: 8-19-18 EDD: 4-30-19
  • I'm definitely in the minority but I'm a STM who is really excited to have my sprinkle tomorrow. I like each kid getting a celebration. Not cause I need the gifts but just celebrating this one with loved ones as well. With my first I actually had two showers - one with friends and one with family/family friends because one would have been too many people (LOTS of people in my life are local). This time it'll just be a very small (relatively speaking - still 9 people - 10 including me) family one with just the family members who get together all the time for different things - I married into a large family who gets together all the time. I made a registry for things we'll need two of or have been destroyed by the first but I don't expect to get it all from the sprinkle. It's more so I can take advantage of the completion discount afterwards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I know it's unpopular but oh well. 
  • @berky84, I kinda wish someone had planned a sprinkle for me for this one, for exactly the reasons you said!  I don't really need anything for him, it would just be nice to have a small get together to celebrate and welcome a new life.  I don't think we should ever need an excuse to have a party :tongue:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @berky84 I’m a STM and I ended up making a registry of the things we would need (girl first time and having a boy now). My mom threw us a sprinkle and some bought off of the registry and some didn’t. Regardless, the completion discount is awesome!
  • STM but DD is only 3 and we saved everything so we didn't need much.  I'm 34 weeks so we went ahead and purchased the few items we needed last week.  Now my mom is screaming about throwing me a sprinkle and that people want to buy me things.  She didn't mention a thing til last night!