November 2019 Moms

Randoms - Week of 3/11

2»

Re: Randoms - Week of 3/11

• @gumby22c I am on POI and MAN I can't wait to be done. We did two egg retrievals, three FETs, and a cycle with it for an ERA... we are so done with POI lol. We are currently doing 1ml twice daily so it's been exhausting.
  • @gumby22c I am on POI and MAN I can't wait to be done. We did two egg retrievals, three FETs, and a cycle with it for an ERA... we are so done with POI lol. We are currently doing 1ml twice daily so it's been exhausting.
    You poor thing being on it for so long!! Yes I'm on 1ml a day as well. I've noticed my skin is getting dried out from the alcohol swabs and it was harder to initially break the skin to inject myself this morning.  Ot sure of the two are connected, but it hurt!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • gumby22c said:
    @gumby22c I am on POI and MAN I can't wait to be done. We did two egg retrievals, three FETs, and a cycle with it for an ERA... we are so done with POI lol. We are currently doing 1ml twice daily so it's been exhausting.
    You poor thing being on it for so long!! Yes I'm on 1ml a day as well. I've noticed my skin is getting dried out from the alcohol swabs and it was harder to initially break the skin to inject myself this morning.  Ot sure of the two are connected, but it hurt!!
    I feel your pain! I get the dry skin, but it helps that I alternate sides every week or so instead of every injection. It lets one side heal and then I can put some lotion on it while I attack the other side. I'd feel relief if I could cut it down to only 1 shot a day instead of 2! How long did your doctor tell you that you have to do the injections? Mine said she usually weans patients off around 10-12 weeks.
  • gumby22c said:
    @gumby22c I am on POI and MAN I can't wait to be done. We did two egg retrievals, three FETs, and a cycle with it for an ERA... we are so done with POI lol. We are currently doing 1ml twice daily so it's been exhausting.
    I feel your pain! I get the dry skin, but it helps that I alternate sides every week or so instead of every injection. It lets one side heal and then I can put some lotion on it while I attack the other side. I'd feel relief if I could cut it down to only 1 shot a day instead of 2! How long did your doctor tell you that you have to do the injections? Mine said she usually weans patients off around 10-12 weeks.
    Interesting, maybe I'll try alternating every couple days rather than every other day to try and help. I have started using lotion to try and rehydrate the areas. My RE said he wants me on them until 9-10 weeks. I'm only 5 weeks today, so another 5ish weeks to go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been up since 4:45. I can't sleep and now my kids are awake. So I should be feeling wonderful later today during my daughters birthday party. 😫
  • Arghhh @emeraldcity1214 good luck at the party. It’s 5:00am here and I can’t sleep either 😭 I’m so so tired
  • @mvc003 I don't know why I let birthday parties stress me out. All I have to do is clean the portion of my house everyone will see and then put out the decorations and cake. I even have a friend getting the balloons for me. I think it's the fact my husband isn't here to help and I'm literally doing it alone. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 parties are stressful for me too. I can’t imagine doing it alone either. I hope the party goes well and you aren’t too tired to enjoy it! We are having my sons birthday party today also but it is just family. Even so I’m already exhausted and not feeling great. None of my jeans seem to button either 😕
  • Okay, so I need to go off on a rant right now. Feel free to skip on by because its going to be long and most likely obnoxious. I just need to get it off my chest and type it all out!
    I have been EXHAUSTED this week. Between running around to appointments with my two boys,bringing my oldest back and forth to school WHILE working for my Dad's business and doing online classes for an accounting degree. I have no energy to keep up with the laundry or dishes. I've obviously been able to do a few loads a week but with all 4 of us they pile up quick (and it's only going to get worse). I realize I have been a shitty wife and have been slacking because after I get home with my kids around 2:30-3 I put my 3 year old down for a nap and I just crash. My back hurts and my feet hurt already and i'm falling apart. On top of being pregnant I am suffering from an injured neck and a collar bone that needs surgery because it's been broken for 8 years! 
    We have been trying for so long for this little one and this was our last month trying so I could go and get everything fixed and recover through summer and go back to TTC after. Well, God had other plans for us and I literally didn't expect it to happen this month at all! So now here I am feeling like crap because I am second guessing everything and am super emotional. 
    Now to the actual part that I am so upset over. My husband came home from work and the dishes wern't done. He proceeded to say that he wished the "Dish Fairy would come and do the dishes." Now this could be worse I know, but after I asked him what he meant he decided to tell me that he doesn't appreciate having to come home and do the dishes when he has other bigger things that need to be done........like WTF! What does he think I do all day?? It's not like I was home sitting on my ass all day and just left them there. I got home an hour before he did! So I was obviously upset and started screaming. Later that evening we weren't talking to each other and he fell asleep on the couch. The next day I texted him and told him that I was upset over his comment and that he hurt my feelings and I understand that I am failing as a wife right now. I told him he didn't need to remind me. What does he do? He texts me back putting me down again! After I just told him he didn't need to remind me!!! He told me that I am caught up on like 15 shows which is straight up bull (I watch a few different shows at night after my kids are in bed) and that I left wet clothes in the dryer and forgot to turn it on (hellloooo pregnancy brain already). And then blamed me for him not being able to finish some projects around the house because he had to do dishes....when in reality its because the weather hasn't been good and he didn't want to bring the saw outside and get wet. So after I told him he hurt my feelings he decides to dig even deeper!
    I ignored him the rest of the day and he tried to act like nothing even happened and i'm not okay with that. I slept on the couch last night and I couldn't sleep......at this point i'm just so sick of him and am feeling like complete crap. I'm wondering what I got myself into and if he doesn't appreciate the things I do now, adding this third baby is only going to make things that much harder. I just wish he would be more understanding and realize I have A LOT on my plate and he doesn't realize the stuff I do on a daily basis. 
    If you made it this far thank you for listening. 
                                                                         Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year

• @xilovemybabiesx I have had this same arguement with my husband. He told me once that he didn't have 30 seconds to open the dishwasher and put his dirty dishes away. I was ready to spit fire at him that day. I just have to point out that not having the energy to get the dishes done does not mean you are failing at being a wife. He needs to pitch in when he sees something that needs to be done. First trimester exhaustion is a very real thing. Maybe he needs to read up on that so he can have a better understanding of how you are feeling each day. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 thank you for taking the time to read my post. I asked him if he wanted me to show him the proof that this is a very exhausting time for us expecting moms and he was like "no I get your tired BUT....." cue more excuses and being inconsiderate. He obviously doesn't get it if he keeps on pushing the issue and digging further. He needs to learn to just shut his mouth before I do something I really don't want to do because i'm livid. I'm stuck between knowing i'm not a crappy wife because I am pregnant and dealing with so much, but then still feeling guilty when stuff doesn't get done. I really just don't know what to do right now....I don't even want to be around him. Haven't even really looking him in the face. I wish I could just go away for a few days and leave him with the kids and make him do everything I do. It's hard being a stay at home working mom. I work and watch my kids. Like can't he just give me a freaking break.....

• @xilovemybabiesx maybe you should ask him to give you a break. We all need to recharge our batteries. He should understand that. 
  • @xilovemybabiesx I'm really sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Your H needs to lighten up big time and cut the passive aggressive crap (dish fairie?!). That is so unfair and it sucks you're dealing with it. I agree,  it sounds like you could really benefit from a little break if there's any way that's possible. 
  • @xilovemybabiesx you are absolutely not crappy in anyway shape or form!!! You sound like super mom to me with everything you have on your plate...do you have family/friends close that could help you out for a day or two so you can get some things done/relax/rest? If i lived near you I would be over in a heartbeat :) 
  • @xilovemybabiesx I second/third what the others have said. Don’t feel bad and don’t validate his thoughts by telling him you know you’re a bad wife. You’re not. Marriage is a partnership and we can’t all be 100% all the time. I get it though, MH had said some pretty inconsiderate stuff over the years so I know it hurts. 
  • @emeraldcity1214
    @aejonesrn
    @creamcheeseplease
    @sassafras917

Thank you ladies for all of your words of encouragement. My mom and my sister have been very supportive and if/when i feel like I’ve hit my breaking point I might ask one of them to watch the boys while I go spend some time and just relax. Maybe get a pedicure or something. I do agree that marriage is a partnership and he needs to start stepping up. 

We sat down and talked last night and I told him I don’t feel appreciated and that he has been slacking in the husband department and I don’t feel loved or cared for. I told him how hurt I was and explained yet again everything I do for our family and how hard it’s been for me to keep up with EVERTHING. He actually listened and I think he came to the conclusion that he has been a dick and told me I wasn’t a shitty wife and that I was an awesome wife and he should be helping me out more. I cried and I think it really did sink in that he needed to start being more appreciative and give me words of encouragement more often (especially during this hormonal and tough time). I hope he does what he says and I see him try harder. Thank again ladies for being here to talk to and for those encouraging words ❤️

• @xilovemybabiesx I'm so glad to hear that you guys had a good talk! 

@emeraldcity1214 parties are the best and its so great you got to spend some quality time with friends!

Ug! My desire to take 3 hour naps in the middle of the day is really conflicting with my desire to not live in filth! Why is it so hard to get things done?! It doesn't help that today is my only day off...
  • @xilovemybabiesx I was offline all weekend so just now catching up on everything so I’m a bit behind, but- I’m so glad that you were able to sit down and make your husband realize all that you do and that he needs to appreciate all you do.