Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?:  

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - Any furbabies?? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: All Group Check-in - w/o March 10th

• Loading the player...
  • @holyboobsbatman your dog is so cute! And your moms reaction is hilarious! With DD, when DH told his work, he said "Jackson's going to be a big brother", and his coworkers thought we were adopting a new dog. 

@AshleighDB hopefully a few more nights! We were in a rental for 6 weeks while our house was being worked on. And they're a few weeks behind, so we pushed our furniture move in date to this friday. Fingers crossed everything is set! 

• Good luck with the move @wiseh!

@stormcloud0719 Is yours as doofy as ours? Everyone thinks of poodles as these regal or sissy dogs, but she's a big loveable goofball.

Thank you all for understanding my mom's confusion. It made for a very awkward announcement 😅
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @ami500 It's seriously so frustrating to have different sources giving different information about what is or isn't or might be safe to take during pregnancy. Hello, I am growing a person and that's enough work without second guessing advise from various medical professionals...if you could all just agree amongst yourself that would be great!! I haven't heard of that one med you mentioned, the one that our doctor friend said was safe is an ingredient called dexametha(metho?)something, short form is usually DM for cough syrups. We got the info from our doctor friend and doubled checked with the pharmacist when we picked some up and she said to use it as sparingly as possible; I think I took a little bit just a night for a few days so that I could actually sleep without coughing. I hope you start to feel better soon, H was kind enough to share his cold with me this week and I am not happy about it!!
  • @ami500 i LOVE huskies!!! mines party husky, and luckily got the beautiful markings!
  • Update: Doc got back to me. No GD but doctor said I’m anemic. Apparently it’s common at this stage in pregnancy. She’s putting me on daily iron supplements.
  • lmcwlmcw member
    edited March 2019
    @jacksonbears How is your pup SO CUTE?! Oh my heart, I'm melting!!

There are too many adorable pets on this thread, I can't take it!

@sarcat87 That stinks about your coworker; I've had a similar issue that's been almost 2 years going at this point, my one coworker and I end up picking up the slack for a third colleague, she somehow keeps getting away with it even though we're all required to submit our productivity at the end of each week (her other responsibilities always seem to have "taken so much longer than anticipated" *eyeroll*). How long will you be off after baby arrives? Any chance it'll be long enough for your manager to catch on that this guy isn't doing his job?? I know it's going to be rocky for the rest of my team when I go on mat leave, but I give zero effs because this is what happens when management doesn't pay attention and provide appropriate staff! 
    Editted because this sounds jerky: I care very much about my teammates at work, what I don't care about is the fact that management is going to be up poop creek trying to deal with the dumpster fire that it'll all turn into because it's their own fault for not giving us the resources we need. And my teammates will be fine because we've been through this nonsense so many times that we all just agree to do what we can, and if everything falls apart it's management's problem, not ours :)
  • @lmcw Amen! I’m taking off as long as I can get paid something by the state which is about a month off prior to my due date and the standard three months off after the baby arrives that you get in California. I hope that’s enough time for them to finally see what’s been happening but I’m also kind of worried that they’re still not going to and that I’ll come back to absolute pandemonium when I return from leave. I know I need to just leave for good. I was applying for jobs before I got pregnant and I’m currently on the ellibigility list for a government job but I haven’t been called by them yet and actively searching for a job is on hold right now. It’s hard to find a new job when you’re pregnant and I can’t imagine job searching is much easier with a newborn! Ugh. Feeling very aggravated but it’s nice to know I’m not alone in the struggle! I’ve been implementing some stress reducing techniques at work which have helped a bit.. breathing exercises and essential oils mainly. It sounds silly that I need coping mechanisms to deal but this dude and the whole situation are really under my skin at this point. 
  • Due date/W+D:  June 14; 26w+6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Any appointments? Questions?: How much does your OB interact with you? My practice has 9 doctors, they've pushed me to see multiple so I will know the doctor who's on call day of delivery, but i feel like they know nothing about me and haven't bothered to build any connection. They haven't asked about my birth plan, didn't call to tell me my GD test results, and when I asked when was the last time I could fly one doctor said "check with the airline" (ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? CHECK WITH THE AIRLINE?? YOU'RE THE DOCTOR!)

Rants/Raves?:  Nausea is back, sciatic pain is killing my soul, and its all making me moody as hell

How are you feeling?: Nausea is back, sciatic pain is killing my soul, and its all making me moody as hell

GTKY - Any furbabies?? 2 older dogs that are a couple of mutts and the sweetest girls you can imagine, and 2 kitties also so affectionate. ( I have to stay away from rescue groups, because we can not fit any more animals in our house lol)

Love seeing y'alls furbabies <3 

• sarcat87 - coworkers who don't pull their weight are the worst! It's easy for someone to hide what they aren't doing for a week or so but with you out for almost 4 months, he won't be able to hide behind that excuse for sure. It's just whether or not mgmt actually acknowledges it. I agree with @lmcw b/c sometimes you have to let others fail to show that you don't have the resources you need to succeed. it's super uncomfortable but at the end of the day you have to worry about your health and that new baby. Your workers certainly aren't going to lose any sleep over you being out so you shouldn't either. (so much easier said than done!). 
    @honeybeemarie - Sometimes I feel like my appointments literally are, blood pressure, weight, she listens to the doppler and measures my stomach and then says everything looks good. See you in a month. I keep a list on my phone throughout the month of questions. I would be super ticked though if the dr said check with the airline. I'm with you on the back pain! My nausea never went away so I feel yo on that too. 
    inomniaparatus2 - your pups are SOOO cute! 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lmcwlmcw member
    edited March 2019
    @sarcat87 It's not silly at all; we spend so much of our time at work that problems there can really affect other parts of your life. What @Griffin5413 said is exactly how I feel, sometimes you've done all you can and you have to just keep doing what's reasonable in your own position and let others fail and let things fall apart to show that there's a problem. My one coworker and I made an agreement at the beginning of this year that we will NOT stress about timelines going up or stay late because we're only 2 people and there are only so many hours in the day and I absolutely refuse to add more stress onto myself right now because maintaining my own health (and sanity) for this pregnancy is far more important! I know a few people who've looked for other work while on mat leave; not easy to plan right now since you don't know how well your little one will sleep or feed or what your days will look like, but it's definitely an option. And I think that with you being off for 4 months they'll HAVE to see that there's a problem, but if they refuse to acknowledge it or address it and just expect you to come back to a complete circus and deal with it yourself then yeah, you'd be much better off finding something else!!

AND: You have to put yourself first, especially right now and after your mat leave. You'll be going back to work still adjusting and balancing baby and work. I've been off work for almost 5 weeks now thanks to my surgery and while I probably COULD push myself to go back next week my doctor's extended my leave to include next week because that's what my body needs right now. No one at work will even remember let alone appreciate if I come back earlier than I need to, so I would only be hurting myself. Do what's right for you, do what you can reasonably do in your own role, and let management sort of whatever disaster your coworker makes!

@honeybeemarie Ugh the back pain is real. My sciatic hasn't become a constant issue yet, but by the end of the day my back is just agony...although to be fair the last few days it might be because I'm putting together Ikea furniture for the nursery! I've been using a magic bag on my back pretty much every night before bed. And about the flying thing, it does really depend on the airline (and if you can get travel insurance if you're leaving the country). As long as your pregnancy has been healthy and you don't have a history of complications or pre-term labour then most OBs are flexible about traveling but some airlines will restrict how late into pregnancy you can fly with them. If you're planning to travel in your third trimester definitely check the airline's website or call them to confirm their policies, and you might want to have a doctor's note handy to confirm how far along you are and that they're fine with you traveling in case the airline gives you any trouble when you check in or try to board. 

Edit b/c I can't spell :)
  • wisehwiseh member

Just finished the 4th day of driving and finally have a bit of reception again! 2 more days of driving and 1 day of site seeing before we arrive at our final destination. My back is killing me but the heated seat trick is working a treat 👌🏼👌🏼 so many of us moving though, it’s crazy!! 

Prepare for a monster post! So much to catch up on 😂

Thanks @stormcloud0719! I’m going public and will just be in the clinic so will have to see whatever doctor is rostered on. Not ideal but the private gyno I was going to go with is on holidays for almost the whole of my 3rd trimester. I would have had 1 appointment at 29 weeks and then not see him again until 36 weeks so I thought it’d be a bit of a waste of money if I’m going to have multiple doctor’s caring for me anyway. 

How crazy is it that they just pop up overnight @CaraDsoontobeA! Hope the toileting is still going well! 

@lmcw reminder - did you book your glucose test? Yay to more surgery recovery time and getting your hair done! I’m very much looking forward to getting mine done next week - it’s a ragged mess with an inch of regrowth atm (died platinum blonde/white, regrowth almost black in comparison) and I’m feeling rather unattractive.

Glad you’re feeling better @ami500! Did you get your GD results yet? Fingers crossed you’re not high risk anymore if they come back all good 🤞🏼🤞🏼

My support belt is my life saviour @griffin5413! Do you know what’s causing your back problems? I have hypermobile joints so to compensate my muscles have tightened but they also lack strength, so to get my back better I have to do glute strengthening exercises and hip flexor stretches, which have worked a treat! Other than that adjust the belt until it feels comfortable. Some days I wear mine really high and others really low, depending on what’s hurting on the day. 

That’s so frustrating @sarcat87! I don’t know what it’s like in America but in Australia it’s EXTREMELY hard to fire someone. They have to pretty show that they’re deliberately breaking the law for the business to be able to fire them, underperformance isn’t a good enough reason according to fair work Australia. So frustrating. I did mine and someone else’s job for over a year because the chick was so incompetent. She had been on a “PIP” which a performance improvement plan for 3 years and she failed to achieve any improvement in that time despite the company pumping so much time and effort into her but they STILL weren’t allowed to fire her. She ended up going on stress leave for nearly 4 months and then was asked to resign, which she did. There were some handshake “you don’t say a bad word about me and I won’t say one about you” deals that went down. It was an absolute roller coaster of a year and I was so stressed out because of it! I don’t envy that you’re going through something similar at all, and as @lmcw says hopefully they’re forced to do something more about it whilst you’re on mat leave and if not then finding a new job is a must. Don’t be ashamed that you need coping mechanisms to deal with it all, working in that environment is sooooo stressful and you need to do whatever you can to help cope! I also agree with both @griffin5413 and @lmcw that sometimes you have to let others fail for the problem to be realised - I’ve also done this recently because of the new hire they got to take some of my work load and he’s royally screwed things up (I did warn them that he refused to learn off me but they let him run with it). Now they’re like “oh shit we should have listened to Hannah”. I have to fix all his stuff ups now but at least they’ve learned their lesson and have pretty much stripped him of all those responsibilities, put in some extremely firm boundaries and he is also on a PIP now. 

@honeybeemarie did you fail your GD? You may hate me for this but I think your doctor may be saying to check with the airline because they all have different policies. I’m flying at 32 weeks and the airline requires my OB to fill in a bunch of paperwork I have to present at check-in, so I’d recommend checking the policy of the airline you choose to fly with and if they say you have no flight restrictions then say that to your doctor and ask him to confirm that he thinks you’re ok to fly just to be sure. That’s super sucky about not asking about your birth plan though! That’s literally the first thing my OB asked about at my first appointment. On how much they interact with me, if it weren’t for surgery + subsequent liver issues I would have only seen my OB when it came to discuss results for blood work/ultrasounds. At my NT results discussion appointment he gave me all the paperwork for my anatomy scan and told me to book back in with him for the week after, which would have been 7 or 8 weeks between appointments. 

• Thanks y’all for the reassurance, I think stress of baby, daycare plans, work, DH, is all just getting to me and starting to feel overwhelming, hence the moodiness.

For y’all moving, I’m so sorry about the stress, added pains, and worries that come with it. I hope you have a quick transition and that the relief you feel at the end of it is all that you deserve. 
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @tkbmama Yeah, I had the same thought just the other day...I hit 28 weeks tomorrow, and my OB has told me to have my hospital bag and everything ready to go at 37 weeks because after that any time is fair game, and that’s 9 weeks from now 😬 The first 6 months have gone by SO fast it’s crazy. So I’m feeling a bit of pressure to start getting stuff organized and ready, but I also know what you mean about not wanting to be done. Right now it’s just me and H (and the cat), but it’s also just me and our little guy...like he’s all mine tucked up inside and he’s going to come out and I’ll have to share him!!

@wiseh YES I am currently 20 minutes into my one hour wait! That drink is gross lol 

Also, belly support band for the win. I ordered one earlier this week and have been wearing it to bed and it’s made a huge difference for my sleep! I’m not waking up when I roll over since the band is supporting my stomach, so I don’t feel like it’s pulling when I move. 
  • ami500ami500 member
    edited March 2019
    @jacksonbears Your little pup is adorable with the markings! What kind of mix is he/she? The husky is actually my fiancé’s ex’s dog but she left it for him after the divorce because she moved back in with her dad and the dog there doesn’t get along with the big guy. He’s been a handful lately between the whole separation anxieties due to the divorce with his “master” leaving him and my pregnancy. 

@tkbmama @lmcw I totally feel you guys on running out of time. I’ve been getting so many friends and family asking me if I completed my registry and when the baby shower is going to be and I’m only 26 weeks. I feel so rushed to get things done and settled. I know everyone is excited since it’s the first grandbaby of my side of the family but it’s like omg chill!! I honestly don’t want to be pregnant anymore because of all the issues I’ve had so far but part of me is going to miss the little guy kicking me from inside. I even had a talk with my fiancé like I don’t know when I’ll be okay with visitors when baby comes. I don’t think I’m even close to ready to share the little one with others but I’ve got another 14 weeks or so until he arrives. 

@wiseh I haven’t heard anything from my OBs office. Last time I did the glucose test, they didn’t call but when I had my appointment, she told me I passed. So I’m hoping I passed this time around. I’ll know on Wednesday if they lifted that high risk label or not. Hopefully they do! 🤞🏼

@lmcw That glucose drink really is pretty gross. Like the initial taste was okay not the greatest but for me it was the aftertaste that I was like oh no. 

There really are a lot of you guys moving! Fiancé and I aren’t planning on moving until sometime after I have baby, so I’m able to help pack/unpack and watch both kids. We are working to fix up parts of the house before we put it up for sale and find a new place. The whole situation with one bathroom sucks, but we are making it work since we only have my fiancé’s son every other weekend. 
  • wisehwiseh member
    @lmcw what belly band do you have that you can sleep in? Mine is a sacroiliac support belt more than a belly support belt - $$$ from physio with elastic and Velcro straps. If I could get one to sleep in that’d help, I’m starting to need a pillow under my bump or it pulls my skin and hurts 😪

Yes on the aftertaste of the drink being the worst @ami500! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 For Wednesday! I find out on Thursday whether my new OB is going to keep me at high risk as well. 

I literally just said to my partner that I was feeling a bit lost because we haven’t done anything to prepare for the baby yet. His response was “we can’t! We’re homeless!” I guess that’s the plus side of this move is that people don’t keep pestering us to get things done cause we literally can’t haha
  • Due date/W+D:  28 weeks!!! June 7

Baby is the size of a(n): I don’t remember 

Any appointments? Questions?: Every other week appts. Passed my GD test this week (woot woot!). I don’t mind the increased frequency as long as they can keep getting me in after school so I don’t have to take time off.

Rants/Raves?:  These BH contractions are legit. They don’t hurt so much as they are oober uncomfortable and are killing my nesting progress. Trying to embrace the rest, but I am so not one to sit around.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good besides the BH

GTKY - Any furbabies?? Nope!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wisehwiseh member
    Yayyyyyyy finally posting @bubbaclose!! We’re still not there yet though! Currently in Adelaide but will be doing the last leg tomorrow. We were supposed to go to a St Patrick’s Day thing but got sidetracked by Baby Bunting which is lucky cause they had 20% off store wide that ends today so we bought everything we need ready to be picked up on Tuesday! My partner flies back to Marble Bar on Sunday for his last swing and I don’t fancy building furniture at 35+ weeks so gonna get it out of the way this week.

Glad you’re feeling better and slowly winding back at work! I’m working from home full time now and would have left already if my mat leave cover was already there but he doesn’t start until the 1st of April, so working until the 18th 🙌🏽
  • @wiseh I saw that baby bunting had 20% off this weekend. I put a few things on layby a couple of months ago during a sale they had like pram, car seats etc. and we have until mid April to pay it all off and collect. 
    Sorry I thought you were already at your destination now from another post. I was reading them in the middle of the night when I woke up for the 3rd time to pee and couldn’t get back to sleep 😂 so maybe I was a bit dazed and out of it. 

Wish my mat leave started soon. Mine starts 31 May and gives me a month before Bub comes. My choice though.  I’ve been debating whether to leave earlier but then obviously will have to return to work earlier or have longer off without any pay so thought maybe leaving a month before would be  a good middle-ground. I’ve been saving up all my holiday / annual leave days so I can add them to the mat leave and give me longer off work paid but it’s killing me that I’ve only had one actual annual leave week off in the past year of fulltime work 😩.
    I think that’s making me feel more tired and feels like I’ve been pregnant for a year now with all the back-to-back miscarriages since last April so I’ve asked for 3 days off between easter and Anzac just to get the 10 days in a row with public holidays. I cannot wait for that 10 days I actually have a count down app on my phone for it to keep me going haha 🤣 I’ll use that time to get everything organised for the nursery and hospital bag packed etc. then I go back to work for 5 more weeks and should feel a bit more relaxed knowing if Bub comes early (fingers crossed he doesn’t) then I’ll be as organised as I can be. 
    good luck for the last leg of your journey and arriving back home. Let us know how your appointment with the new doc goes and finally finishing work x
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @ami500 Oh my goodness, the registry pressure was driving me insane. I had 3 people badgering me about it because they wanted to make sure it was done before they sent out shower invitations. Which makes sense, but give me 5 minutes to figure out what baby paraphernalia I actually need and think I might like! And people asking when my showers are and when are invitations going out and on and on...I don’t know, ask the people hosting the showers!! 

I dont know what to do about visitors yet. This is grandchild #1 on my side of the family, #5 for H’s parents (but MIL is still over the moon). I feel like part of me will be all “come see what we made!!” and part of me will want to just keep him to myself and not let anyone over. I think with friends and extended family we’re going to be pretty hardline about not just dropping by, asking people to call or text first so we can politely decline if it’s a bad day. Because if someone shows up unannounced (and I can think of a few family members who would...) when I haven’t slept and he isn’t eating and everything is a disaster I cannot promise I’ll be nice...

Glucose drink: at first it just tasted like a melted popsicle and I was like okay, this is fine. And then it turned into a melted popsicle that had gone off and I had to force myself to finish it 🤢

@wiseh I got one from Jolly Jumper off Amazon. It’s like a thick stretchy cotton elastic with velcro at the front to be adjustable. It was a bit stiff at first, but it was comfortable enough to sleep in from the first night. I can only get it to open in the app so hopefully the link works: https://www.amazon.ca/Jolly-Jumper-Maternity-Support-Belt/dp/B0041EUU88
  • Welcome, and congratulations on your wonderful pregnancy @bubbaclose