3rd Trimester

Stressed to the max

Hey ladies ❤️

Before I write anything, I have to say I’m beyond blessed to be 30 weeks pregnant with my rainbow. In no way, shape, or form am I complaining.. I just really need to let this out somehow ☹️
I work an off shift job that is very stressful and busy, I am alone and don’t get breaks/lunches. Sometimes I’ve waited 2-3hrs just to use the restroom. It all sounds illegal I know but, trust me there’s nothing I can do about that (long story). I’m due in may and am not returning to my job after maternity leave (VERY grateful for this). I don’t want to leave my job now because I’d lose 3 weeks of vacation and short term disability (comes out of my check every week so I don’t feel bad using it). I’m trying to hold out at least until the second week of April to ask the doctor to take me off. I also just got diagnosed with gestational diabetes but, instead of it making my sugar go high it gets dangerously low and I’ve almost gone unconscious at work. I need to get through these next 6 weeks but mentally and physically I am a wreck, I don’t want to tell my doctor what’s been going on because I know he’d take me off work now and I need these last few paychecks to pay off some debts as well. Are any of you ladies in the same boat? 
Thank you to anyone who has read this and just listened to me vent!

Re: Stressed to the max

• Hey ladies ❤️

Before I write anything, I have to say I’m beyond blessed to be 30 weeks pregnant with my rainbow. In no way, shape, or form am I complaining.. I just really need to let this out somehow ☹️
    I work an off shift job that is very stressful and busy, I am alone and don’t get breaks/lunches. Sometimes I’ve waited 2-3hrs just to use the restroom. It all sounds illegal I know but, trust me there’s nothing I can do about that (long story). I’m due in may and am not returning to my job after maternity leave (VERY grateful for this). I don’t want to leave my job now because I’d lose 3 weeks of vacation and short term disability (comes out of my check every week so I don’t feel bad using it). I’m trying to hold out at least until the second week of April to ask the doctor to take me off. I also just got diagnosed with gestational diabetes but, instead of it making my sugar go high it gets dangerously low and I’ve almost gone unconscious at work. I need to get through these next 6 weeks but mentally and physically I am a wreck, I don’t want to tell my doctor what’s been going on because I know he’d take me off work now and I need these last few paychecks to pay off some debts as well. Are any of you ladies in the same boat? 
    Thank you to anyone who has read this and just listened to me vent!
    Sorry, but your health and baby's health comes 1st.  You pass out at work, guess what? You are done anyway.  I understand that you have perks coming up, but what you are describing us NOT HEALTHY FOR YOU OR BABY!
  • Your doctor requiring you to stop working or change duties should still qualify you for short term disability.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm interested in the "long story" that has led you to the conclusion that you can't do anything about what sounds like a potentially illegal work schedule.  This place provides short term disability that comes out of your paycheck, so I assume it is a reputable employer.  Most states require short breaks after defined periods of work.  I previously worked retail and we were entitled to a paid 15 minute break for any shift regardless of length, plus other unpaid intervals of 30 or 60 minutes the longer the shift was, for meals, etc.  I'm confused about why you have to sometimes wait 3 hours to pee.

Also, perks are nice and all, but if you're afraid to tell your doctor about your work conditions because you know he/she will write you out of work for the remainder of your pregnancy if he/she finds out about them, you are making a voluntary choice to stay in an environment that is unsafe for you and your baby. You have disability insurance, so if your doctor writes you out of work, you can collect it.  If you will have trouble making ends meet because you left a job 3 weeks earlier than planned, I have to ask how you're planning to survive after the baby is born, given that you say you're not planning on going back to work.  There are likely short term assistance programs available to you, you just need to do the research (read: not asking internet strangers, but actually researching it) to find out how to apply for them.
  • delujm0 said:

Also, perks are nice and all, but if you're afraid to tell your doctor about your work conditions because you know he/she will write you out of work for the remainder of your pregnancy if he/she finds out about them, you are making a voluntary choice to stay in an environment that is unsafe for you and your baby. You have disability insurance, so if your doctor writes you out of work, you can collect it.  If you will have trouble making ends meet because you left a job 3 weeks earlier than planned, I have to ask how you're planning to survive after the baby is born, given that you say you're not planning on going back to work.  There are likely short term assistance programs available to you, you just need to do the research (read: not asking internet strangers, but actually researching it) to find out how to apply for them.
    This ^
  • Your working conditions ARE illegal. I realize this is probably a post n ghost but if you do come back, PM me. I work in human resources.