April 2019 Moms
Options

Easter

2»

Re: Easter

• Options
    I already bought our little man a onsie that says My First Easter. I will get him things like bottles and a little stuffed animal in his Easter basket. Not sure on church though it will depend on when he comes. I am not sure I will wnt to expose him so we may have to do an online serive. 

As for candy no thinks on peeps. but bring on all the Cadbury eggs both big and little. They are my faves!!
  • Options
    I am on team NO peeps! I don't know why but I can't stand them. I feel like you either love them or hate them and it's a hate for me.

Unsure of what we'll do for Easter, baby will for sure be here it'll just depend on how long we're home for. Technically due date is two weeks prior so I'm sure baby will be home by then. We normally drive 2 hours to my MIL but I may request we have lunch at our house so we don't need to travel. We aren't religious so it's just a family time thing for us. I normally find a cute outfit for DD and we do a small basket (bath toys, a few small pieces of candy, stickers, coloring book, etc). Probably a small animal or something for baby. Egg hunts are a must after last year (so adorable watching her look for eggs and this year she'll understand a bit more). 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loved peeps as a kid but now I think they are gross. I like Reese eggs, Cadbury caramel eggs, and sweet tart jellybeans and chicks, ducks, and bunnies. 

Am I crazy because I’ve already bought everything except candy for DD Easter basket? I haven’t bought anything yet for this LO though. I was waiting for the spring stuff to hit stores. I should probably finish that next week. 

I also bought DD new spring clothes cause I noticed on a random warm day a few weeks ago most of her short sleeve stuff was too small. It’ll all of a sudden get warm so I wanted to be prepared. 

As as for Easter in general, baby will be here but only 2-3 weeks old. I might skip church and the egg hunt and have DH take DD but I’ll probably go to family lunch since it’ll also be my SIL birthday. 
  • Options
    We mostly use Easter to refresh spring-y outdoor things for DD..sidewalk chalk, bubbles, etc. I am not a Christian, so we don't do church or anything, but I was raised in church. Im having a hard time letting go of the whole "everyone gets a cute new outfit for Easter Sunday" thing, so DD also usually gets a dress. Baby is due less than a week before Easter, so it's possible he won't even be here, though DD insists he needs something, lol.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    @mighty_montgomery I’d  strategically purchase a needed item in an Easter theme like a bunny footies or a romper with baby animals on it. It will feel Easter in the moment but also feel like spring for the rest of the time it fits :)

with baby due on Easter night I don’t expect he will be here and if he is he will be little and squeaky new. So I’m planning on nothing specific? It if he is big (not the current expectation) I have a 0-3m romper that looks like a suit without a jacket that I can stick him in :) 
  • Options
    booksandlacebooksandlace member
    edited March 2019
    So many peep haters! I'll take all the peeps 😁

I think this year if I have time I'll teach DD how to do peep jousting  :D

Actually I love ALL Easter candy, I don't discriminate, bring it on!
  • Options
    Wait, guys, who’s dying Easter eggs?
  • Options
    @lyse01, we definitely will!  Usually we go to my parents and dye eggs either the day before or Easter day and then have an egg hunt outside.  Hopefully the weather warms up by then, we occasionally have snow in April here and I'm just ready for springtime!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lyse01 we will also dye Easter eggs. 
  • Options
    @lyse01 hell yes we dye Easter eggs!! That’s the funnest part! I still have a bunch of supplies / colored tabs in my pantry from last year so I’ll just pull those back out. 
  • Options
    @lyse01 I would love to skip it this year but I will probably get over ruled.  I’ll probably tell DH that if he wants to do them he’s in charge of the whole thing, boiling, dyeing, clean up etc..
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We usually we usually make a variation of Ukrainian dyed eggs, with beeswax and a kitzka(spelling?) and real dyes from Ukraine. Mostly because we enjoy it. Dd likes dipping boiled ones too. I’ll probably have a friend who usually does it with us come over on Palm Sunday and set it up and I’ll participate :) 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I thought that it went without saying that dads/spouses are in charge of dyeing eggs this year!
  • Options
    @lyse01 DH insists on dying eggs every year! Luckily I only "have" to do like 1 for him to be satisfied lol. Hes a kid at heart (at 48 years old)
  • Options
    @mrstmoose I love my DH but he’s definitely better at enthusiasm than execution. I’m kinda the opposite so it usually works out but also usually requires more from me than him and not very fair. We’re working on it. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Of course we’re dying eggs! Lol I’m sure my mom will take care of boiling especially since baby should be here. DH typically hates these types of activities but tolerates this one because he gets egg salad to eat afterwards. 

Those looking for simple outfits for Easter/spring. Target had some cute ones with bunnies on them. Also Carters has bunny sleepers (I got one). I almost bought a super cute bunny hat, with ears, but my kids typically have larger heads so newborn hats don’t always fit 
  • Options
    I just Got this baby her Easter basket from PBK.. let me just say they really have shrunk them in size! DD1 has hers, so I had To make sure DD2 is ready to go too! 
    DD #1: BFP: 3-6-10 EDD: 11-10-10 Baby Girl Came 11-1-10
    DD #2: BFP: 8-19-18 EDD: 4-30-19
  • Options
    We'll probably dye eggs this year as well. I did with DD last year and it was fun for her. After this thread I went and bought DD her Easter dress although I'm waiting to buy something for this peanut until I know whether or not its a girl or a boy. We have to also buy new baskets this year so that'll be another purchase I'll have to make soon.

• Options
    I don't eat the peeps, but we definitely peep joust.  Put two in a microwave, put a toothpick in each facing the other, and let the games begin!

I'm due April 25th so I'm not sure if we'll make the annual easter egg hunt, but DD will get a basket with some summer toys. And if we can find the time we'll dye eggs.
  • Options
    Team yes Peeps and all set to stale 'em up this year, thanks to @kbirchtree. But I think I will tell DH I am "aging" them, because if you use words for cheese and beer that makes it legitimate and not gross, right?

Due April 29, and bummed that I will probably be too tired to do the usual.  We typically go all out alllll Holy Week, with tons of traditions culminating in midnight mass + all-night party train at a variety of friends' houses.  On the whole, though, it'll be more me missing out than things not happening:  we usually go to a friend's house for dinner, so food will still be awesome, and DD will still get to carry around her basket for basically 24 straight hours of candy collection orchestrated by people who aren't me.  
  • Options
    @TheSouffleGirl I need to know more about this all night party train and how you end up doing all friends no family for Holy Week