Infertility

March 2019 FET

Hi ladies! I’m preparing for my transfer next month and had questions about estrace/Lupron side effects. Anyone feeling tired?

Re: March 2019 FET

• Hi! I’m also preparing for my transfer next month...but haven’t begun meds yet. Start the lupron shots on Friday. When is your transfer date? 
  • Hi Ladies, prepping for FET. Start Lupron Monday. During fresh cycle ivf meds I always felt tired. Feel like it’s because we are putting our bodies and minds through unnatural circumstances but worth it in the end. This will be my first FET. Had a failed fresh (1 embryo) transfer last month. Planning to transfer two embryos end of March. Has anyone done FET before? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ellis1983 sorry to hear about your failed fresh transfer.  
    This is my first transfer, not entirely sure what to expect. 
  • @laurenc436. I don’t have a date for the transfer yet, but it’s supposed to be the second week of March. I’ve been on Lupron injections for almost two weeks, and started estrace pills one week ago. 
    This is also my first transfer.  I got pregnant with my third cycle of IUI, but was chemical.   

@ellis1983 sorry to hear about your failed transfer. I do feel super tired, and assume I’d because of the meds. 

March is the month for us!! Best of luck!
  • Hi. I’m hoping I’m not late to the party here.  My transfer is March 11.  This will be my 3rd FET.  

The most recent was September, *trigger warning* it took for the first time ever and we lost it the morning we were supposed to hear the heartbeat (8 weeks).   While devastating, it let us know we had found the right protocol, so January I did another retrieval (but was hyper stimulated so I could not do a fresh transfer).  I’m hopeful this cycle is THE one.    

We did the uterine scratch, and will be using the antihistamine protocol as well as acupuncture.  

Good luck to everyone here.  
  • Also, The meds make me tired, no matter how much sleep I get. And the estrogen really throws off my body temperature. Hot flashes are a real thing, especially when you get to the stage where you use 3-4 patches every couple days. I’d be happy to answer questions for those who haven’t done this before. Your experience may vary, but I’d be willing to share mine.
  • I'm going to jump in here since it's looking like I'll probably be doing my FET at the end of March! This will be my 2nd FET. ***trigger warning*** My 1st FET was in September 2016 and was successful. And now we're back at it! I'm trying to not let the fact that my 1st was successful get my hopes up for this one.

Right now I'm on BCP and will be getting our dates for this FET cycle given to us on March 5th. Fingers crossed for everyone here!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Hey ladies, question for you. I’m about a week into my lupron shots and the past two nights they have hurt and itched after. Anyone else have that? We were traveling abroad when I had to start the shots....I was told I had to refrigerate the vial once open so our option was to keep it on ice until we got back. Now I’m worried maybe it went bad? 
  • @laurenc436 Mine burn and itch for about a half hour after and then it goes away.  The welt and itching/burning happens less if I wipe the spot with the alcohol wipe after injecting (well, the burn is there but not as long).
  • Hi ladies, I am prepping for my 2nd FET (planning to transfer 2 embryos). I had a successful transfer in October that sadly ended in a 9 week miscarriage. Hubby and I are set to transfer March 18th if my lining is where they need it to be. Last transfer I had no issues with my lining so I am hoping my body reacts to meds the same way for this transfer. My doctor wants to keep me on the same protocol. I will am currently on Estrace 3X a day. I have a lining check March 12 and if my lining is thick enough for transfer I will begin endometrin suppositories 2X a day as well as PIO in the evening. 

Good luck to us all! 
  • @FayEgo thanks. It’s weird because it only happens sometimes, but glad to know I’m not crazy! 

@jessica8bryant I am so sorry that happened to you. I wish you the best if luck for this FET

how is everyone doing? I start my full set of meds on 3/6. They have me on estradiol 2x a day plus patches every other day (up to 4 patches). I’m a little nervous I’ll be a crazy person on that much estrogen, but what can ya do! Transfer is set for 3/21...which is crazy to think about. 

Good of luck to everyone!! 
  • Happy Monday! I hope work makes this week fly by. Anxiously waiting for transfer day. 
  • I start my PIO shots tomorrow (I hate them so much) as well as the lovenox and steroids and am on 4 patches a day.  I feel like a psycho, plus I’m hot and cold.  My poor DH. Lol. Monday is our transfer. 
  • @FayEgo When I did my PIO shots last transfer I ran it under warm water for about a minute and iced the area. I think I saw someone on YouTube do that and it helped so much, I never felt any pain :)
  • I just found out today that my FET is actually scheduled for April 5th! So I'm going to see if there is an April thread and if not, I'll create one. Good luck to those of you transferring in March!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @FayEgo how did the PIO shots go? I’m dreading them.

After my tiny lupron shot last night (it really hurt!) I broke down and wanted to quit so badly.  I won’t, but I want too. I know I’m so close, but my will is starting to break. I keep telling myself 16 more days...
  • I did ice it first, it helps a little, but it still hurt. Doing the next one in a few minutes (currently icing) on the other side. Hoping this time it’s all worth it! While I’m sitting here thinking, how many of you are cheaters like me and will do a test at home before your beta and how many of you are patient enough to wait? 😁
  • @FayEgo You are so close to transfer! Last transfer I began testing on day 5 and got a BFP. I plan to test again, I do not think I can wait. Also, if it's negative I would prefer to know ASAP so I am not devastated with the beta results. When do you plan to test? 
  • Hello ladies! I’m jumping in from another board since My FET is scheduled for 3/12....I’m sooooooooooooo freaking nervous 😬!!!!!! I started my PIO yesterday and the injections have been going great but boy am I a raging bitch! Lol....hopefully that gets better. We decided at my last lining check to transfer two and I think that’s adding to me being nervous. My husband makes it worse by saying, what are the chances of both of them splitting 😬😬😬. 
    @jessica8bryant this is my first round but I definitely plan on testing at home. I’ve been so patient with everything else, I feel I deserve to at least do that lol...
  • @ashcash03 Welcome to this board! Is this your first FET? Ya PIO can make you crazy for sure. I felt so bad for my DH because my emotions were all over the place last transfer. I am set to start PIO and suppositories this Wednesday and I am already dreading it. 
  • Do any of you have the hcg trigger as part of your protocol? I am supposed to trigger next Friday then 3 more times including after transfer. I know there is no way I could wait 12 days for the blood test....wondering if the trigger will produce false positives then? 
  • sue2019sue2019 member
    edited March 2019
    Hi ladies! 
    Today, is 4dp trasfer and I’m super bloated!! I’ve been like this for the last two days- my belly is distended. Also, the night before last, I started to wake up in the middle of the night with an intense need to urinate followed by strong cramps for like an hour. Is this caused by progesterone injections?!
    Cramps last night as well. 
  • @laurenc436 I have never heard of having the hcg trigger as part of a FET protocol but I guess every doctor is different. I would think that it may lead to a false positive, especially since you are doing it a few times. 

@sue2019 I am sorry that must be very uncomfortable. During my last FET I did experience cramping, however it was very light. I did have to pee a lot but the feeling was never intense. I would talk to your nurse and ask if this is normal. 
  • Hi everyone, this is my first time posting to one of these threads, but figured I could use as much positive energy as possible! My FET is scheduled for the 21st as well @laurenc436. :)

My first FET was early January that sadly resulted in a BFN... I went on a month of birth control then started prepping for my second transfer, which was supposed to be March 1st. Unfortunately we had to cancel a few days before because there was fluid in my uterus. My doctor doesn't know the cause, but it may have been because of the scratch biopsy we tried this time around. So no scratch this time (thank god, it was horribly painful), but I still had a little fluid at my early ultrasound yesterday.

Has any one else experience this before? I'm hoping it resolves on it's own and we don't have to aspirate or cancel... this is just such a rollercoaster. 
  • FayEgoFayEgo member
    edited March 2019

@jessica8bryant last time I tested on Day 6, and got a faint line, so that is my plan this time.  Maybe Day 5 if I get bored. Lol.  I'm hoping at least one decides to stick.  I'm dreading the thought of a 4th harvest if these little ones don't take. 

They called with my time today, 2:30pm, so I'll have to drink my gallon of water (I say gallon because any time I do  32oz they tell me I'm not full enough) around noon and hold it.  The good news is DH is off and will be home with me, and I traded shifts at work so I have a full week off with no heavy lifting (I'm a nurse on a rehab unit). 

• FayEgoFayEgo member
    edited March 2019

@sue2019 I'm guessing part of it is the progesterone.  Since I started PIO when I gotta go I gotta go...not always the most convenient thing at work. 

Sending hopeful thoughts your way.  Good luck!

• @FayEgo thanks!!! Same 😊
  • @FayEgo How exciting! Sending you lots and lots of baby dust! 
  • @cccarrierose welcome to the group! Hopefully March will be the month for all of us! 

@FayEgo good luck with your transfer tomorrow! 
  • @jessica8bryant this is my first IVF cycle and this will be my first FET. I’m praying for great results. @FayEgo good luck on your transfer and I’m sending sticky baby dust your way! You will be a day ahead of me so we’ll be transfer buddies! We have to keep each other posted. My RE prescribed me Xanax the night before and again 30 minutes before the procedure, she said it will help me relax and that I don’t have to worry about having a full bladder, so I’m happy for that! I’m also excited to have these days off from work. I’m a Director of Nursing and boy my days can be stressful. So I’m going to snack on all my favorites and binge watch the office 🤗
  • HAPPY MONDAY! How is everyone doing? I have an appointment tomorrow to check my lining, if all is well I will stat PIO and endometrin suppositories and transfer will be in one week. I hope my lining cooperates. I have been drinking my pom juice, brazlian nuts and pineapple which I will continue to do after transfer. I did this for my last transfer and got a BFP. Not sure it played a role in the outcome but I will try anything and everything to make sure these embabies stick. Anyone else incorporating/changing anything to their diet? 

@ashcash03 The full bladder is the worst thing for me during the transfer. It is so uncomfortable, all I could think of was wanting them to hurry so I could pee but at the same time wanted them to take their time and make sure the embryo was were it needed to be. My RE said it was fine to pee right after the procedure was complete but I probably laid there for about 20 min afterwards...longest 20 min of my life. You are so lucky you will not have to deal with that lol. 
  • pgdwivfpgdwivf member
    edited March 2019
    Just lurking here 
    laurenc436 I am not for FET not scheduled till April. But I have luprolide (I believe this is HCG) as part of my protocol. I have not been given any exact medication instructions. I am waiting for AF, the RE wants to do a hysteroscopy before FET. I assume that is when I will get further medication instructions. I will as RE if it produces false positives 
    Me and DH 44
    I am a genetic carrier using PGD testing
    Dec 2018 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    Jan 2019 ER = 1 PGD/ PGS normal embryo, 1 carrier embryo, 1 no result
    April 2019 Hysteroscopy to remove polyp and Fibroid
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
    Dec 2019 ER = 1 carrier embryo 
    Mar ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    July 2020 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    October 2020 Hysteroscopy to remove polyps
    Nov 2020 FET = positive (little one due July 2021)
  • @pgdwivf I’m on the lupron as well- but I was told that’s to suppress my ovaries. I have to get the hcg trigger on Friday and then again 2 days before transfer and then a couple days after transfer. I read somewhere it’s a newer protocol (maybe 4yrs old?) where they have seen success. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ll just have to trust they know what they are doing! Good luck with your FET in April! 

I had had my first lining check this am. Good news was it was already at 10mm and therefore they will lower my estradiol dosage. Bad news they will not transfer any earlier than next thurs. I was hoping I’d get to skip some meds and just get to it already lol
  • @laurenc436 Yay congrats that's so good! I would also think that since your lining is already at 10mm they would move up your transfer but I guess it probably has more to do with scheduling. The waiting is the worst part. 
  • @FayEgo Happy Transfer Day! I totally forgot you were transferring today, good luck! 
  • @ashcash03 Good luck to you tomorrow.  You’re lucky you don’t need the full bladder.  Luckily but also unluckily my doc straight caths the urine out and has you lay on the table for a half hour after.   I was in tears bc I was SO full today.  Our clinic does Valium before the procedure and before bed tonight.  

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.  We transferred 2 AA blasts, one partially hatching.  On the way in one stuck to the catheter and had to be coaxed out.  Doc says “sticky” embryos are good luck with her.  So now I just wait.  

• @FayEgo Those are some beautiful embryos. Sending you lots of baby dust :smiley: When is your beta and how do you plan to spend your tww? 

AFM: I have decided to go back to work the next day, I sit all day so I don't think it will be a big deal to return. I also think it will help make time go by faster...or at least I hope it will.  Last transfer most people at work knew I was going thru IVF, but this time around I have only told my boss. My coworkers were really supportive during my last transfer but the look of pity on their face is not something I want to deal with again if this does not work. Now I understand why most couples wait until after the first trimester to announce. 
  • Hi ladies!!
    Today, I’m on day 7 post transfer- 5 more days until my scheduled beta. I’m not testing before, too scared! Rather wait. During the first 6 days I had some symptoms (cramping, bloating, spotting). Now, on day 7, I had some breast tenderness, not too bad. All other symptoms are improving (no spotting, mild intermittent cramps at night, no headaches, much less bloating). Is this usual course? Symptoms make you feel something is happening, but no symptoms make me scared! The tww is so tough!
  • @sue2019 Eeek the TWW is so hard! I waited to test until the night before my beta test last time. It gave me time to process the result vs. waiting all day the following day to hear from my nurse. I don't know if I'll test or wait this time around. Regarding your symptoms, I have a girlfriend who transferred two embabies and had NO symptoms at all and BOTH took!! :) 
  • @cccarrierose that’s good news 😁😁. Just had some tiny spotting wiping few minutes ago! I guess I spoke too soon ☺️  Hoping for a positive beta!!! 
    Good luck to you as well!