1st Trimester

Earliest bfp you've heard of?

i'm 5dpo (pretty sure at least) And i'm fairly certain i got a bfp... i didnt think that was remotely possible?!?!?! Testing again in the morning to see if its darker or if i'm just crazy.

What about ya'll? Earliest you've tested + or heard of someone testing +

Re: Earliest bfp you've heard of?

• i'm 5dpo (pretty sure at least) And i'm fairly certain i got a bfp... i didnt think that was remotely possible?!?!?! Testing again in the morning to see if its darker or if i'm just crazy.

What about ya'll? Earliest you've tested + or heard of someone testing +
    How are you determining your O date? Temping or a professional ultrasound are really the only ways to confirm.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme Its 2 weeks from start date of lmp as well as 5 days since we actually dtd (I didnt expect the tests to come in yet and they did so i just took one for the heck of it)
  • Loading the player...
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited February 2019
    OP:  you just posted this on another thread:
    So I literally had sex 5 days ago. there is no possible way it could be from earlier than that but I had a bfp today? I'm testing again in the morning to see if its legit. here is my question though. I had the tests delivered from amazon (Home sick with the flu) When they arrived the packaging felt cold because of course it is february in texas. Could that factor in to a false positive? Or could it be legit?

I did ovulate around the 14th give or take a day

------------------
    Sorry, but if you JUST had sex 5 days ago, you wouldn't turn a test!  Implantation alone takes about six days.   As I said in your other post, get a new box that is not dampened and try again to see, if its positive you had to have had sex more than just 5 days ago. 
  • @meggyme Its 2 weeks from start date of lmp as well as 5 days since we actually dtd (I didnt expect the tests to come in yet and they did so i just took one for the heck of it)
    Yeah, that’s not an accurate way to determine ovulation. Ovulating on CD 14 is considered the average but plenty of women ovulate later or earlier. As @meggyme said, temping and ultrasound are the only reliable ways to determine when you actually ovulated. 

And to answer your original question, no, you would not get a positive at 5 DPO. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • I found out from a at home test at 3 weeks. I bought a clear blue pack with the regular test and the digital, the digital came back positive, but the regular negative. So I bought a cheap one at my pharmacy and it came back positive aswell. Doctor -bloodwork/ultrasound confirmed 3 1/2 weeks. 
  • 8 dpo.... blood test same day hcg was only 14