Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year?

Re: Group 1 (Oct 1-8) Check-In Week of 2/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @galentine it tends to let up at the end of 1st tri in most cases, yes
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    @galentine With both my previous babies, the nausea and fatigue disappeared the day I started the second trimester. Hope it’s the same for you!
  • Options
    @rachelgreene-2 I think it’s more fun when the parents don’t know either. You get to see their real time reactions.
  • Options
    @cmbt2 Bummer about the cold. 😕 I hope that clears up soon.
  • Options
    @KaitlinS11 if I were you I’d do both. Be a little productive, take a break and lounge, be a little productive, lounge.
  • Options
    @cmbt2, hope your cold goes away soon!

@KaitlinS11, I vote lazy day on the couch. You've earned it!

@rachelgreene-2, I agree with @brownbarista, I think gender reveals are more fun when the parents are finding out too. At least half the fun  if not more than half the fun as a party guest is seeing the parents' reactions. The parents care the most out of anyone, anyway 😊

@brownbarista, I love your April 25th reference!! 😂
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 7, 7+0

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Definitely finding out!

Upcoming Appointments: Next Monday with my RE

How are you feeling?: Sooooo tired. Light nausea all day, some minor cramping. 

Rants/Raves: I. Am. So. Tired!!! I am pregnant!! ❤️

Questions: Not yet

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Definitely summer! I love the heat, pool days, golf, just being more active. 
  • Options
    @rachelgreene-2 I agree with the other ladies. It’s about what you guys want of course, but I think part of the idea is everyone gets to see the parents find out. 
  • Options
    emily1052emily1052 member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/2/19  7weeks 5days

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry:)

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Totally finding out.  I can't handle suspense.  And since i'm AMA we are doing NITP so we'll find out around 12 weeks!! 

Upcoming Appointments: March 21st

How are you feeling?: Bloated and gassy today. 

Rants/Raves: Rant, I had to work today.  Rave, it's almost 5 o'clock!

Questions: I found a place that does novelty ultrasounds!  One package is for pregnancies 10 to 15 weeks and it's $60.  Do you think that it will be worth it? 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year?  Spring & Summer for sure.
  • Options
    @emily1052 I did a “sneak peak” with DS1 on DH’s birthday. The nice
    thing about it was that it made things real for DH because I didn’t get an official scan until 18w, so it was his first time seeing the baby. The price wasn’t really worth the 15 minutes they do it though, especially with a certain uncooperative baby 🤷🏼‍♀️
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    @brownbarista 😂 love that movie!! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/8 6w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): bumblebee 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): definitely finding out but thinking of teasing hubby and not telling him. 

Upcoming Appointments: next appt is Mar 13 for 10 week checkup and the week after some super appt at a neonatal center my dr partners with. 

How are you feeling?: great no symptoms unless I don’t eat then very slight nausea 

Rants/Raves: girls names will be so hard if we have a third girl we could barely decided on the seconds name. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Fall to winter. I love sweaters and boots and the cool weather then snow and Christmas. 💕
    Me: 35      Hubs: 27
    Married: 07/04/13
    BFP #1: 8/14/14, Baby Girl born 4/16/15
    BFP #2: 6/21/16, Baby Girl born 2/11/17
    BFP #3: 1/26/19, EDD 10/8/19
    Fur Babies: 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (Piper and Mia)
  • Options
    @grapeskittles4lyfe Please tell your friend that I think naps are 100% allowable.  Especially in the family room.  😊
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    EDD 10/8 7w

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out):  team green for the third time

Upcoming Appointments: Next week 10/27

How are you feeling?: Tired Tired Tired!!!!

Rants/Raves: I'm just so tired, all i can think about is taking a nap, but I have to work lol!!!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Summer because I love the beach and Fall 
    BFP#4: 2/2/19, EDD 10/8/19
    BFP#3: 9/4/11, EDD 5/13/12, DD Born 5/14/12
    BFP#2: 5/8/11, EDD 1/24/12 missed mc 
    BFP#1: 1/24/10, EDD 9/24/10, DD Born 9/25/10
  • Options
    jd614jd614 member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry :)

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Finding out this time!

Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound on Thursday...eek!

How are you feeling?:  EH. Crazy tired...nausea comes and goes all day...not severe, just not much of an appetite. 

Rants/Raves:  First world problems, but we were on vacation last week and my kids are off M.T.W this week. I need them back at school after 2 weeks of so much together time  :p

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year?  I live in the northeast so we very much have 4 seasons and I love them all for different reasons. Currently over winter though and ready for those 60-70 degree spring days and some flowers!
  • Options
    @galentine I'm with you on the nausea. Counting down the weeks until the end of the first trimester.
    @brownbarista When do you plan on telling your kids about the new addition? And April 25th is pretty stellar.
    @jane101757 I love the beach! Do you prefer Atlantic or Pacific?
    @beachbaby117 I want to be Team Green, but my husband really wants to know LOL! Did you have a "feeling" about the sex of your other children? I have no idea and when people ask I tell them that it's a Gryffindor.
    @jd614 GL at your ultrasound! So exciting!
    @aevans318 Christmas is such a special time of year. What a lovely way to honor your mom! :)
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/1 8w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Candied cherry.

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Finding out because my husband likes to have all of the information.

Upcoming Appointments: The next one is not until March 22nd.

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. Nausea.

Rants/Raves: I am so over this nausea, but I'm thrilled to be pregnant. :)

Questions: Who else is doing the Panorama test? When are you going in for it? My doctor said anytime after 10 weeks, but I have an appointment at 12 weeks so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone kind of thing. 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Autumn!

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @elle-0409 mine will be done at 12w, which is when I had it done last time. I was told that doing it prior gives a higher chance of insufficient fetal cells and the need for a redo 🤷🏼‍♀️

If you have to do it do it at your provider’s office, I’d wait until your appointment so you don’t get hit with a copay (it’s usually considered a separate visit and doesn’t fall under the maternity care charge)

FWIW, last time, I had the panorama test drawn on a Tuesday afternoon. The samples made it to the lab (in CA) Thursday, and I had the results the following Thursday morning (they were uploaded at around 7p PST Wednesday night) in my patient portal, so the turn around time is pretty quick. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    @cmbt2 Thanks! I'd read about the insufficient fetal cells, so I think I'll stick to the 12 week mark. Unfortunately, my doctor doesn't do the draw in the office. I have to go downstairs to the lab and get my blood drawn there.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    Hi ladies! I will come back to tag, but need to act like I have a job again soon.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct. 6th / 7 weeks (TB puts me at 7+3, but I don't think that's right)

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): GREEN (I can't believe we're actually going through with it)

Upcoming Appointments: Forever and a day away. First appointment is March 5th

How are you feeling?: Fine, other than some boob soreness in the mornings and the ability to smell meat on my hands several washes later nothing to report. Oh I think I cry more easily now, but that's hard to tell because I always cry during movies and books.

Rants/Raves: I've finally slowed down at work and I do not have the motivation to do anything, it's actually terrible haha. I need this weekend to recharge (last weekend didn't count since we were traveling and skiing). Speaking of skiing, I decided to stick to bunnies and lower mountain trails for the 3 days since my sister (an RN) said the baby is way tucked away. Even so, I did have a tiny fall once and felt immediately guilty, so no more skiing for me this season (le sigh).

Questions: nada

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? I love Summer and Falls in Boston, in the south though I enjoy Spring most. 
  • Options
    @sakshi0106, it's absolutely normal for symptoms to come and go. I know how nerve wracking it can be, but try to remember it's normal!

@jane101757, I hear you on the anxiety. I've been saying anxiety is my number one symptom (although nausea is now competing for the top spot). Hopefully both of our anxiety subsides soon! ❤

@mossn83, I'm impressed you'd be able to find out the sex and not tell your H! I'm terrible with secrets and wouldn't last 5 minutes! 😂

@grapeskittles4lyfe, I hope your appointment today went well!

@aevans318, that's so sweet your mom made Christmas so special and memorable for you! I'm the same way. My mom (and grandma, really) instilled a love of Christmas in all of us. My mom and sister and I have a group chat where we count down how many days are left until Christmas! ❤💚

@elle-0409, I'm over the nausea too. I did not expect it to knock me on the butt like it has! Also have you been in the Hogwarts House thread yet?! I keep waiting for you to post there! 

@marbellie, we are EDD twins! Mine is the 6th based on LMP or the 8th based on O. I'm going to just stick with the 6th unless the doc tells me otherwise.

• Options
    @galentine that's true, woo Oct 6th~ I know you're waiting for your first appt too, so I guess then we'll really know the EDD
  • Options
    Had my appointment this morning . According to my period I am 7w2d. We saw an embryo but no heartbeat. My doctor said I may just be not as far along as we thought and to come back in a week - that could make all the difference . This is going to be a long week :( of course now I’m analyzing every symptom to see if they are still there . Ugh. Holding out hope . 
  • Options
    @jd614 I'm sorry - that's such a tough spot to be in. Do you have any idea when you typically ovulate in your cycle?
  • Options
    *sigh* my MW wants to double check HR because it was on the low end of normal at 6w (though any cardiac activity at that point is a good thing). So I do that in two weeks. Panorama draw is in 4 weeks. 😪 bright side is I get to wait until 18w before going to the MFM this time around
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    Well this time I did ovulation sticks so I had "peak" ovulation on CD 12.  I don't know exactly when I ovulated but based on that its sometime between CD12 and CD 14. My dr said he's "cautiously optimistic" so I am just holding on to that.  This happened with my oldest son as well and that turned out fine. I am trying to just remain positive but of course was hoping for confirmation today. 
  • Options
    @jd614 I think what's really tough (as you know) is that even a day or two can make a huge difference at this point. I hope this week goes fast for you so you can get your answers ASAP.
  • Options
    @jd614, I'm sorry your appointment left you with questions. Sending lots of vibes that your appointment next week shows growth and a heatbeat. ❤
  • Options
    I still feel like even if I was a week behind (6w2d vs 7w2d) I should have heard a heartbeat. No? This did happen with my oldest son too so holding out hope. Still feel exhausted and nauseous so going with that . 
  • Options
    jd614 said:
    I still feel like even if I was a week behind (6w2d vs 7w2d) I should have heard a heartbeat. No? This did happen with my oldest son too so holding out hope. Still feel exhausted and nauseous so going with that . 
    Not necessarily- they can’t always pick up a HB before 7/8w
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~