October 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL (pregnant after loss) check in 2/18/19

I forgot to do any formal style check in last time, so I took this format from the September 2019 BMB. 

This check-in will be posted every Monday. Welcome all new members. No TW needed here for loss discussions, but please use a TW to discuss living children. 

How far along are you/EDD?

Current mood?

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable.

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs?

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary?

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol)

TW: MMC
BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
———
Diagnoses and Treatments
PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
———
BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

Re: PGAL (pregnant after loss) check in 2/18/19

• Options

How far along are you/EDD? 7w+/Oct 3

Current mood? Exhausted. Stupid cold. I broke out in a full blow sweat last night from breaking a probable low grade fever, which of course put full blown PgAL brain in effect even though I *know* low grade fevers are totally normal when linked to colds

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable. 

*TW LC mentioned* MC before DS1. CP late December 2018.

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? MW official intake on Thursday. I should walk out with a MFM referral after that (I’m homozygous MTHFR with some clotting protein deficiencies which sticks me in the high risk category)

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? it’s a mix of all three- I’m counting down the days until next week when I can break out the doppler. I’ll feel better about things after that, I hope

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol) 

Ah man, it’s been so long since we’ve watched a real movie 😪

BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options

@cmbt2 what type of doppler do you have? I'm planning to get one once I know things are going well and I can safely use it at home.

How far along are you/EDD? 4+5 / Oct 23

Current mood? Oddly okay /calm....

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable. 2018 brought 3 losses my way. A MMC in Feb, CP in Sept, and a MMC in Oct

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? The anniversary of my first loss is the 28th. I think I'm going to be okay, but perhaps a little sad when I look at the "what ifs" and "should haves". I think re:my CP I've made it. My betas had a 32 hr doubling time so that was great peace of mind there. My biggest milestone is going to be seeing proper growth at my 7wk US. That's the point where things keep going wrong. Both of my MMCs stopped growing at 6+5 and we had already confirmed HB on the 2nd (but measuring 10 days behind).

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? It's still snowing. My dad didn't plow our driveway last storm and after a few days and driving on it, it's basically all ice. Now it can't be plowed. I'd fire him but then I'd have to find someone and legit pay them..... 😂

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol) I don't have a favorite. I can watch cheesy rom coms repeatedly though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@prpl11butterfly - I have a sonoline B doppler. Best $40 I ever spent.

How far along are you/EDD? 6ish weeks

Current mood? This weekend was really tough for generalized anxiety. Being too tired to exercise is taking its toll.

TW living child

I had two MMC 6 months to the day apart in 2015 before having my son in 2017. One (blighted ovum) was diagnosed at 8 weeks. The second was diagnosed at 8 weeks but it stopped growing at 6w1d and we never saw a heartbeat. I waited two weeks to pass it, but I gave up and had a D&C somewhere around 10w3d by LMP.

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? I got my BFP this time just after the anniversary of loss two. We saw a yolk sac on ultrasound so I have passed the blighted ovum risk, but I am currently right around when things stopped growing with my second loss. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? 

I love musicals (Rent, Les mis, Singing in the Rain) and typical super hero movies (X-men, Avengers, etc).

———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options

How far along are you/EDD? 6w4d

Current mood? Blah

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable. Natural MC in April 2015.  Led to discovering a large cyst, surgery to remove the cyst along with the damaged ovary and tube and an endometriosis diagnosis.  

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs?  First appointment is 2/25 no betas this time or anything extra...which feels weird.  I'm not allowing myself to really get attached to the idea of this being real, but I'm relatively calm about it.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Non pregnancy related, but February is a hard month.  My dad passed away 11 years ago on 2/5 and his birthday is 2/18.  I always get a little down during this month.  We were very close and it just sucks so much.

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol) I don't have an all time favorite.  I like a lot of different genres and can't commit.

• Options
    @kfarr26 - I’m sorry February is such a hard month for you. I hope you are able to enjoy some happy memories of your father depsite all the sadness connected with the month. 💜
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    @kfarr26 Feb has been a bad month for me historically as well. I hope that you can find some happiness and reasons to smile. I'm sure your dad would want that for you. 
  • Options

How far along are you/EDD? 6+3/Oct 11

Current mood? Tired and lazy

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable. I had a MMC in Nov ‘17. Started spotting at 11 1/2 weeks and confirmed by ultrasound the next day that the baby had stopped developing at 8 weeks.

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? We have an ultrasound on Friday. Seeing a heartbeat will help but we did see one with my MC so it won’t alleviate all worries.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I’m so thankful to DH for not saying a word at all the takeout we’ve been eating or my lack of housework, but wish he’d help a bit more 😬 I feel bad complaining though because he’s been awesome 

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol) All time favorites...That Thing You Do, You’ve Got Mail, The Holiday, Amelie, Almost Famous

• Options
    @ceclarlinetlo and @prpl11butterfly thank you for the kind words.  I'm ok.  This is just the time I allow myself to say it sucks that he's not here.  There is plenty of joy and happiness looking back and when something happens that I know he would have gotten a kick out of :smile:
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I have the same one as @ceclarlinetlo. I think it was around $50? I got it online in 2014.

@kfarr26 I’m sorry February is rough. I have hugs. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options

How far along are you/EDD? 7 + 5 days/ Oct 2

Current mood? Anxious AF

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable. After TTC for 2 years for our first and one year of IUI/IVF, we got pregnant last July. At my first ultrasound at 7 weeks, the heart beat was slow and baby measuring behind. 4 days later there was no growth and we prepared for MC. 

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? My first ultrasound is tomorrow. I have some PTSD from just seeing the look on the ultrasound techs face from last time. My original EDD was early April so I think I will be ok when that date rolls around as long as this pregnancy sticks 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Anyone else lagging in the way of symptoms? I’ve been exhausted, increase appetite, and burping a ton.. but no morning sickness, boobs not really sore anymore. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol): I love horror movies and cheesy rom coms. Also comedies, ok I think I like all movies .. although my husband always gives me crap for falling asleep during them lol 

• Options
    @leilee101 - pregnancy loss is always sad no matter the situation but I always find loss after such a long journey just gut wrenching.  I really hope this is your rainbow 💜
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    @leilee101 I hope you see a beautiful and strong heart beat tomorrow!  I was a sweating mess during both my ultrasounds this time.  
  • Options
    @kfarr26 and @prpl11butterfly I'm sorry February is such a hard month for the both of you. I hope it goes quickly for you. 
    @leilee101 I hope you have a good appointment tomorrow. As far as symptoms mine come and go, being worse in the evening, but it's really messing with my PGAL brain. 

How far along are you/EDD? 5+5/Oct 16

Current mood? Depends on the moment honestly, I'm all over the place

2 early losses 8/17, 1/18 followed by 9 months of TTC

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? I have an U/S on Thursday, I know seeing a HB doesn't guarantee anything but both my losses were preHB so i'm hoping it will alleviate some anxiety. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I wish I could stop symptom spotting. ***TMI*** This morning I had a horrible constipation issue but then I have had 4 diarrhea spells today. This ramped up my symptom spotting because I remember very clearly have severe diarrhea with my losses. Now Dr. Google says there is a correlation but not enough to associate the two together and that it's likely from the increase in progesterone. Doesn't help my brain though when my boobs are pretty normal today. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol) Can't say it really depends on my mood. I never tire of Dirty Dancing, How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days, Selena or Disney and Pixar movies though

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options

How far along are you/EDD? 6ish? 

Current mood? Anxious and on edge AF.  At our 6w u/s on Friday, there was sac, but no heartbeat.  RE said I am likely behind their projection and this week's u/s will be more telling.  "Cautious optimism" is what she said.

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable.  TW: DD 07/2013.  She took almost a full year to conceive.  MC at 5w 04/2015.  And then a whole journey until now.

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs?  U/s on Friday.  I'm really hoping we see a heartbeat.  If not, my RE said to prepare for m/c.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary?  I currently have a BV infection, so discharge freaks me out.  Symptoms wise I am SO TIRED.  Like fatigue will hit me out of nowhere.  I also feel bloated all the time, like it's my new normal.

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol) . Oceans 11 (my fav) - 13.  Love Actually.  

• Options
    @leilee101 Glad to hear your ultrasound went well! I could’ve scheduled mine for any day this week but waited for Friday when I will be 7 weeks. We saw a slow heartbeat at 6 weeks last time and it didn’t end well so I’m hoping to see a strong number to reassure me
  • Options
    @leilee101 that's great! So happy you got great news and can have some relief!
  • Options
    Yay @leilee101 That's wonderful news!! 
  • Options
    @melanier26 Friday is a big day for a lot of ladies on here .. good luck!!!
  • Options

How far along are you/EDD? Due October 13

Current mood? Optimistic today

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable.  I have two children (now are 5 and almost 7) and we have been trying for over 2 years to have a third child.  I have had two missed miscarriages (blighted ovums discovered at 8 week sonogram) as well as a miscarriage where embryo stopped growing at 6 weeks (never saw heartbeat).  All these times my numbers were perfect and normal.   I passed all the miscarriages naturally at the time and really not wanting to do that again!

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs?  I had my first sonogram appointment today and we saw a heartbeat so I actually will now say I am pregnant.  A positive pregnancy test for me means little since I had been there so many times with no results, so to see the embryo and hear a heartbeat today was very exciting!

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Just nervous for everything.  My kids are older than we thought they would be with the third, I am older, just feeling older!!! A lot to be anxious about.

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol) Good Will Hunting

• Options

How far along are you/EDD? 7w 2d

Current mood? Nervous

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable.  I have 2 beautiful boys and had a miscarriage this past November, very early, just shy of 6w. 

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? Had an ultrasound this morning...saw the embryo but didn't see a heartbeat. My dr said I might just be a few days behind where we thought and that could make a difference. I am cautiously optimistic but also nervous, Waiting a week for another ultrasound will be torture. 

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol) So many. I love the Usual Suspects, Dirty Dancing, Goodfellas , Four Christmases, Dallas buyers club. Totally random!

• Options

How far along are you/EDD? 6w 2d

Current mood? Anxious and stressed - had some brown spotting this morning, and I don't think my OB is going to be able to fit me in today or tomorrow. Just really makes me nervous because this is how everything started the first time, just a few days earlier in the pregnancy.

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable. MC January 4 of this year at exactly 6 weeks

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? Crossing my fingers I'll be able to get something on the books for today or tomorrow, but if not, my first scan is this coming Tuesday, 2/26.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? Well, I cried in the shower this morning. Mostly because I was mad at myself for being so excited that we made it past the point we did last time. Just feeling pretty down and distracted right now.

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol) Love Actually, 500 Days of Summer, The Graduate, Good Will Hunting

• Options
    @cuduebor - I am having the same thing.  I'm just really ready to get tomorrow's follow up u/s over with.  I am in the "preparing for the worst, hoping for the best" mindset right now.

• Options
    @jd614 @cuduebor I’m so sorry for the uncertainty for you both, I’ll be thinking all good thoughts for you guys ❤️
  • Options
    @jd614 that was me last week and my follow up u/s is tomorrow.  I just feel bleh overall.  Sending you my well wishes, because the wait is hard.

• Options
    Hey friends I don’t know where else to stick this, I don’t want to Debbie Downer the random thread.

I’m going to step away for a few weeks. I had an ultrasound today that didn’t go as expected. There was a gestational sac but no yolk sac. My MFM doctor was very optimistic that I just ovulated much later than we thought, I didn’t track my cycle in January. I am a lot less optimistic, This whole appointment was very triggering as this is very similar pattern to my first loss. I hope I’m wrong and will return in a couple weeks. If I don’t return I wish you all rainbows.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kindbytealikat - HUGS.  Take care of yourself.  I'm so sorry. 

• Options
    *lurking*

@kindbytealikat I'm so sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for today. Doing the math though 6 weeks can be too early to see the HB. Plus if your O is off a few days.... I know what a crapshoot this is and you're trying to prepare your heart. I'll be thinking of you and sending big hugs! (Also, FYI - constipation AND diarrhea were totally something I dealt with too)
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat oh I am so sorry today was so tough. I'm crossing everything that it is just too early and that in a week or so, you get some happy news. Sending you so many hugs ❤❤
  • Options
    christis8 said:
    @jd614 that was me last week and my follow up u/s is tomorrow.  I just feel bleh overall.  Sending you my well wishes, because the wait is hard.

GOOD LUCK tomorrow! How far along are you? I will be thinking of you <3

@kindbytealikat I am really sorry today was a disappointment.  I know how you feel. Try to hang in there. What is meant to be will be. There is nothing we can do at this point but pray for the best. Easier said than done and I am in similar shoes as you. Just know I am thinking of you <3
  • Options
    @jd614 - Last friday would have been exactly 6w.  There was sac, but no heartbeat, and I could be tracking behind since with the IUI you cannot exactly pinpoint conception.  RE said cautious optimism that we see a heartbeat at next u/s.  The discharge is really making me second guess everything is going to be ok.  Thanks so much for the thoughts.

• Options
    Thanks @Schumerator.  Managed to get an appointment scheduled for tomorrow. @christis8 fingers crossed we both come back with good news tomorrow.

@kindbytealikat will be praying that your doc is right to be optimistic and we'll be seeing you back here soon! Please take care of yourself.

• Options
    @kindbytealikat, I'm so sorry the appointment didn't go as hoped. I'll be thinking of you and hoping growth catches up. ❤
  • Options
    Kindbytealikat, :/ So many hugs. Will be looking for your update. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @kindbytealikat Sending love and best wishes for tomorrow ❤️
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat Sending love and best wishes for tomorrow ❤️
  • Options
    How far along are you/EDD? 7weeks 3 days / October 9th

Current mood? Scared AF scared to get happy, scared to tell anyone, scared to get comfortable

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable.  Started spotting at the start of a three day weekend.  Finally got in on Tuesday and found out that development and heartbeat had stopped and that I had a missed abortion. My doctor was great and got me in for my D&C the very next day.

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? My first appointment is this Wednesday.  Im in knots about it. 

• Options

How far along are you/EDD? 7w1d / Oct 10th

Current mood? Anxious, nauseous (if that’s a mood lol), scared. 

If you haven't already/want to again, please share your loss history, if comfortable. Found out about our first pregnancy in 7/2018 after 5 months TTC. At first US, I was supposed to be 8w3d by LMP but was only measuring 6ish weeks and no FHR. I started bleeding 2 days later and took many many months to start healing emotionally.

Any upcoming appointments, milestones, loss anniversaries, EDDs? My SIL is due with her first in April, which is when I should have been due as well. My next US for this pregnancy isn’t until end of March for FT screening.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary? I don’t understand it but I’m still triggered by pregnant family members, coworkers, even celebs! I realize I don’t know what their journeys were like, but it still makes me sad/mad. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie (or movies if you are like me and can’t pick one lol) The Princess Diaries! 

• Options
    Update in spoiler:

It's a goodbye for now.  No growth.  Emotionally I am actually OK, but waiting for the physical part to happen is utter angst. I appreciate the support and outlet from this board.  

Wishing everyone the best for their rainbows.  

• Options
    @christis8 I’m so sorry.  Sending you lots of healing thoughts.