October 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY: What do you do for a living?

13»

Re: GTKY: What do you do for a living?

• Options
    aprosch said:
    @Schumerator My first degree was in public health. Graduated right when the market crashed in 2008. No jobs at all so I went straight to nursing school.  There's so many opportunities with nursing, I'd do it if you're able to. 
    Wow how funny! That’s awesome to hear! I’ve been looking into the accelerated programs for if you have a degree already and it sounds like a great opportunity. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    3rd grade teacher here! Going to stay home with the new baby and my little guy (2 now) after this school year. I’m excited but also superrrrrr nervous to stay home! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm office manager-ish of the local dealership. It's definitely not where I thought I'd be (I guess not many people plans to stay in their small hometown) but I can say for sure I wouldnt want it any other way.
  • Options
    I mostly consider myself a SAHM but I am also a Realtor, and help my husband with our jewelry store. 
  • Options
    @itsnotmine my grandma who is 75 always says she doesn’t know what she wants to be when she grows up 😆 she cracks me up!
  • Options
    @jhsoontobe3 You love middle schoolers?! 🙀
  • Options
    I work for the Dept of Human Services in my state dealing with quality control relating to Medical Assistance, cash assistance and long term care assistance.
    Me: 35, PCOS; DH: 38, MFI
    TTC #1 since 2012
    IVF #1: 9/2018, cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2: 2/19, 24 retrieved, 18 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 embryos; 1 beautiful embryo transferred 2/11/19: BFP!! EDD 10/30/19

• Options
    anne11716 said:
    3rd grade teacher here! Going to stay home with the new baby and my little guy (2 now) after this school year. I’m excited but also superrrrrr nervous to stay home! 
    Same; I've been teaching 10 years, but after this year I'm dunzo for a bit. Tbh I'm kind of getting burned out, so its a good time to step aside for a bit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am also the nursery attendant for my church, meaning I run the nursery ever Sunday from 8:45-12:15ish. It’s kind of nice because I get paid to watch my own kids. Lol. 😂 though normally it’s my kids plus about 6 others! 
    Oh, and I help teach the preschool kids’ Sunday school class at 10am. 

I guess I do a lot, but not exactly enough to not be considered a SAHM. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I really enjoy it all though! 
    I coordinate our church's nursery Sunday school! (ages 2 to 4; we currently have no baby babies)

I DON'T like that I have to do it, because there are only 4 kids in the group and two are mine. Mine are the only ones that come every week. So I am ministering to my own kids and sometimes driving all the way to church to do what I could do at home. I haven't heard a sermon in person in a year, I think. But I think I'm the only one who really could do it, and I want my kids to have Sunday School, not just play time, so here I am!  

I should add I DON'T get paid, lol, which would probably make me feel less resentful. 

But it's fun to plan cute things. Sunday we are playing hopscotch with pictures of different times while shouting "Does Jesus love me at playtime/naptime/lunchtime/etc?" and "Yes, he does!" and gluing pictures of different times of day onto a clock face that says "Jesus loves me all the time."
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a licensed practical nurse, currently enrolled in a four year bachelor of science program. 
  • Options
    I am a high school counselor! I just completed my 1st year, and I spent 4.5 years teaching before that.
  • Options
    I'm a clinical data manager - managing 3 clinical trials. I love it but it's super stressful. 
  • Options
    I love this thread! 
    I am technically a SAHM and have been sinc emy First was born 3 years ago! 
    Prior to that I was a cosmetologist. I keep up with licensing and actually still do family and friends hair because I enjoy it. We are putting a one chair salon in my garage in the summer! 
    But currently back in school full time because I want to teach middle school math! I love the age and I love math! What a weird-o. I know! 😂

I am also the nursery attendant for my church, meaning I run the nursery ever Sunday from 8:45-12:15ish. It’s kind of nice because I get paid to watch my own kids. Lol. 😂 though normally it’s my kids plus about 6 others! 
    Oh, and I help teach the preschool kids’ Sunday school class at 10am. 

I guess I do a lot, but not exactly enough to not be considered a SAHM. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I really enjoy it all though! 
     @jhsoontobe3 I used to teach MS also! 8th grade was my favorite, I taught Math and US History. I have also taught 7th grade ELA, 6th Grade PAP Math, and was the AVID teacher. My last year teaching was 6th grade, and I made those poor babies cry :( which is why I felt being a high school counselor was best :)
  • Options
    I teach high school physics. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hi All,

Its cool to see some other musicians on this board!  I teach junior high and high school general music and choir.  I love my job and my students.  Its great having summers to stay at home with my boys (ages 4 and 2) but I really admire SAHMs.  I'm usually ready to go back to school in august, but I treasure those months off.  My husband works seasonally and is usually off for 4 months in the winter.  My last two were summer babies so DH is really worried about being the primary care giver when I go back to school.  I also sing at church and with a community choir.
  • Options
    Hi!! I recently finished my Master of Public Health degree and work in substance abuse prevention-specifically targeting youth and opioids. Anxious about how I will be able to manage working full time with a new baby (first pregnancy) but seeing all the other working mamas gives me hope!