March 2019 Moms
Options

Product spotlight: Diaper bags

2»

Re: Product spotlight: Diaper bags

• Options
    @chocolatelemons I got the fawn on black Friday for about $85 I think, and they do have periodic sales if you sign up for their newsletter. I have been using it as a purse and I do love the backpack or shoulder strap option. It is also the first nice bag I have ever bought myself, everything else has been goodwill or gifts. I bet you can find one on poshmark or thred up! Although I didn't look myself. 

For me faux leather was a plus because a. I love animals and b. My dog doesn't try to chew on it. I know very little about leather goods, but I wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't real - - it is isn't plastic-y or anything. 
  • Options
    @abbykwail I actually did find a few used ones, but I’m still not sold. I love the looks of it, but I’ve read some reviews that say the faux leather is cheap and chips easily. That’s mostly what makes me cringe about the price point- it’s not that I need genuine leather, but leather is what would drive the price point up (in my opinion) since it’s long lasting.  I just don’t  want to buy something that’s not going to hold up. 

Besides that, I’m also a little worried about the functionality. Does it feel like a bottomless pit to you ? I want something roomy enough for my two under two, but only if the space is useable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oooh, totally fair. I have only been using mine a few weeks so I don't know how it will hold up over time but I will keep you posted!

I do love the pocket options.  I keep smaller stuff that would get lost easily (lip balm and essential oil blends) in little makeup pouch. I feel like baby stuff will be bigger so that will be less of an issue, but I also have some waterproof packing bags in various sizes (I went with Logan and lenora, also during the black Friday sale) to help me keep it organized after watching some YouTube reviews and ideas of how to pack it. Once I start actually packing it for a baby I can let you know how it goes! I liked the idea of the waterproof bags (also machine washable) anyway because I hate cleaning so I figure if things spill it minimizes my clean up. And I got a bunch of different colors so I'm hoping to figure out a system that way. 
  • Options

I got the Rosie Pope..I haven’t used it yet, but I love the functionality. It has an organizer, antimicrobial changing mat, cross body strap option and bottle carrier and can be unzipped to expand. I love large bags so it’s right up my alley. It’s a little pricier than some others, but I think it’s one baby item that will be worth the investment. We have some nice backpacks that my husband is just going to use for his diaper bag.