November 2018 Moms

FEBRUARY chit chat & updates

Re: FEBRUARY chit chat & updates

• @offtoneverland I'm sup sorry about Sydney. I hope she's out of the hospital soon. I know it's scary and frustrating. Hugs, love. 

@hollyeva Let's not talk about sleep, I'm way too bitter. 

@highsteaks Love the wagon! I'm going to have to look into one for sure. 

Afm: M isn't growing out of his reflux. As a matter of fact, I've discovered that is what has made his sleep so bad. We can't go without meds or skip a dose, otherwise, he screams and cries. So, it looks like I will be haggling with the Dr about either another type of med, or a higher dose of what we have. Sleep deprivation is a real thing. Last nite, I was up basically all night, walking and bouncing him. I'm so tired, I'm dizzy. We both need sleep so bad.
  • @wildrainbow we started seeing a chiropractor for Spencer’s reflux and we were able to take him off his Zantac. Maybe look into that? It’s seriously been life changing for him!
    nws
  • Loading the player...

• They posted this today too
    nws
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited February 2019
    @offtoneverland thinking of baby S today. Hope she’s doing better. 

@wildrainbow :'( i’m so sorry. sending positive thoughts that you can get some rest and the docs can help M’s reflux quickly. ugh what a drag; i hate that it’s still such a big issue for you.

@ashkee05 :'( omg that i barely missed that sale! it’s even better than their black friday sale. i did just shoot them an email asking if they’ll do a price adjustment, and crossing my fingers. next, you are awesome! thanks for compiling all those accessories for me to look at. i think i definitely want to do decals just like what you’ve done—did you find out if they have an online store? we tried folding up the snack and drink holders we bought from keenz, but it was a bit awkward (i don’t think it worked in the end). i’ll attach a pic of the liner i found in a spoiler. still haven’t decided if i want to just take the plunge and get that one, or maybe try my hand at making my own. great idea on where to store the canopy. what is going on in the first pic with the double arrows, it’s a bit hard to tell. and yea, i wish i could peek in on those keenz facebook groups!!
    pip *poof*
  • @highsteaks love that liner!! so a lot of girls say that site is legit and if you pay through pay pal and get scammed they’ll side with you. Crossing my fingers they’ll honor the discount for you! They girl I got mine from does have Etsy I’ll find her and come back and link . I totally forgot I got the decals from her Etsy shop. I’ll also add the vendor sites when I come back with that. The first pic is the bar they have it snapped to under the parent console. I was confused at first until I lifted it up and snapped it the first time. Lol then it was like duh! Also if I ever see fun things in the group I’ll come back and share with you!
    nws
  • @wildrainbow I’m sorry :( Reflux is the worst. DS1 had a severe case. He slept elevated in the swing or elevated on me for the first six months of his life. Prevacid was what helped him the most. Zantac did nothing, even twice a day. @ashkee05 swears by the chiro- I wish I had known about that at the time. I would have tried it at the time. I would have tried anything! It was awful. So sorry you’re going through this 
  • @booksandcoffee Yeah, we've been Zantac twice a day since he was a month old. I'm gonna ask about prevacid. He's been sleeping in the RNP since we brought him home. He can't stay in the swing to long because it's not elevated enough. Diaper changes are a bitch. 
  • @highsteaks - he had been on zantac and they actually upped his dose a couple weeks before he started eating bad. We had a doc appointment 2 wednesdays ago and then one last Monday. He lost 2.5oz between those appointments so the ped had me cut dairy (DS1 had MSPI) and we switched to prilosec. Friday he was up 5oz from Monday! This weekend he's eating pretty much normal and he's back to being my happy smiley baby. I have no idea if it would have happened anyway or from something we did, but I definitely will continue on the MSPI diet. I don't drink cows milk, but I'd been having a loooot of shakes lately, so I wonder if that's what it was. I'm so so glad to have my baby back and that he's gaining again. How are you recovering?

@wildrainbow ugh I'm sorry. I hope you guys can figure something out to help M with his reflux. If the zantac was working previously, maybe it just needs weight adjusted? When Spencer was on it they adjusted it after 2 weeks (increased it by .5ml due to weight gain). Otherwise maybe trying a PPI would be better for him.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @highsteaks Sydney is doing so much better today. We'll probably be discharged tomorrow. They really scared us yesterday when they said her creatinine had jumped a lot overnight, so her renal doctors were concerned. Her ultrasound looked great though so they said the creatinine may be high due to the infection or dehydration. They have her on an iv currently with saline and sugar, and she'll get more labs tomorrow to see how everything looks.
    We're so relieved and can't wait to all be home together again. I really miss my husband! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @wildrainbow I'm so sorry about M's reflux. I hope you can get a new dose or a new med for him. Poor little guy. And poor you for being so sleepless! I really hope he grows out of it as he gets bigger.

@highsteaks I hope you can get the keenz discount! Let us know.
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @booksandcoffee Yeah, we've been Zantac twice a day since he was a month old. I'm gonna ask about prevacid. He's been sleeping in the RNP since we brought him home. He can't stay in the swing to long because it's not elevated enough. Diaper changes are a bitch. 
    Yes, any time DS1 was flat on his back, it was awful. I’m so sorry :(
  • @offtoneverland i am sincerely relieved to hear that S is doing ok. what a rollercoaster for you. so in awe of how level headed you seem to be! looking forward to the next update. 

@mockingjay1 if i’m following correctly, do you think the zantac just stopped working? glad to hear that he’s feeling much better lately, regardless of it’s because of the med and diet change. 
        i was feeling pretty good the first 48hours, but yesterday was much tougher for some reason; i slept a ton and the soreness and swelling caught up to me. today i’m feeling more normal again. this referred shoulder pain is no joke though—thought i was in the clear but it came on pretty intense yesterday too and is still bugging me.

@ashkee05 thanks again! i did figure out how to place the canopy bag like in that picture—such a better idea and i doubt i would have thought of it myself. 

@wildrainbow how are you doing today?
  • So. I'm bloody miserable. M was up every hour. Every. Godforsaken. Hour last night. He has definitely outgrown his dose of meds. His Dr appt next week is so far away. I'm at the Dr now for a follow up on my PPD and I look like I've been tortured. I just need to main line caffeine. 
  • @wildrainbow any chance you can call the pedi for an emergent appointment asap? i really think the circumstances warrant being seen sooner. hugs, hun. 
  • @highsteaks I called to see. Since I'm doing both boys at the same time for their well checks, I have to wait until ds1 turns 3 unless I want to literally make 2 trips back to back. It's not worth getting out on Thursday (first appt they had) to go back in Tuesday. 
  • @wildrainbow - I am so sorry it's been so rough :( That stinks you have to wait. 

@highsteaks - they actually upped his zantac and about a week after that is when the feeding problems started. I have no idea what the cause was. He's back well over 16lbs now, and overall happy again and we're so thankful! He's woken up more the last couple nights so I'm not sure if that's leap related or the 4 month sleep regression starting early... 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @wildrainbow ugh, bad timing.hang in there.
  • @wildrainbow I'm so sorry, you're giving me flashbacks to when DD1 had the reflux and I was up all night pacing with her. One friend of mine found their little one had it so bad she had to sleep in her car seat to get any sleep at all.

@highsteaks glad to hear healing is going well. I'm also having wagon envy checking out that wagon you and @ashkee05 are talking about. I have a standard wagon with extra large wheels to tolerate sand, not awesomely tricked out like those Keenz!

@offtoneverland keep us posted on Sydney. I hope things keep getting better for her!

AFM Penny's suffering through her first cold (thanks daycare!) So she's not sleeping so well. I feel behind in work and a snowstorm is coming to the area so the school is already closed. Somehow it's all okay though as I sit here snuggling this sleeping baby. 
  • @hollyeva feel better, Penny! hopefully the rest of work will just pause for the day so you aren’t getting any more behind than anyone else is. did you stock up on baby medicine in case P starts getting feverish and you can’t make it to the drugstore? ugh, i’m remembering that dd1 got her first serious fever during a massive snow dump and i was so nervous.
  • @offtoneverland I'm so glad S is home! I'm sorry the 4 month regression is happening right now when the routine would be so helpful. Hugs

@hollyeva I hope Penny feels better soon. Baby colds are the worst. 

AFM: I went to bed at 8:30 last night. I couldn't have stayed awake any longer if I wanted. M was up every 2 hours, which is better than every hour, but still. The good news was he fell right back to sleep after nursing. Poor guy was just as tired as me. Hopefully today will be relatively smooth. H doesn't have a show tonight, so he will be home to help. Hopefully, I can sneak off and get some groceries. 
  • @offtoneverland lovetit for Sydney getting discharged and being home, but i’m sorry that she (and subsequently, you) aren’t sleeping well. My heart really goes out to you, @hollyeva, and @wildrainbow. it is so so tough caring for an upset baby round the clock. thinking of you all.

i thought we were suppose to get a foot, but it looks like they lowered it to 3-5in expecting. snow pic 8am (eastern panhandle, WV):
    ...hmm realizing that dh should probably bring in the recycling bin.

• keenz refunded me the price difference!! thanks @ashkee05, i likely would not have seen the new sale if you hadn’t mentioned it.

also, anyone have any stories about how their lo’s urine smelled like vinegar and it was nothing to worry about?  :/ 
  • @highsteaks yay! So glad you got a refund!!!
    nws
  • Hey y'all! I posted occasionally back before baby was born, thought I'd pop in and am delighted to see some of you are still here! Your babies are so sweet!! Happy February :)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • hey @laasmith, how have you been? how has lo been adjusting to life on the outside?
  • @highsteaks Which baby has urine that smells like vinegar? I would get her checked out in case it's a uti. Any update? 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland it was elise. i ended up calling the pedi’s after hours nurse line and the nurse didn’t know what to make of it. she didn’t have a fever and was eating normally, so she said it was ok to wait and see if it continued. by the morning it wasn’t smelly anymore. what do you think?  
  • @highsteaks we are surviving! Some days are harder than others (today has been rough). Your baby with the vinegar-smelling urine is interesting! I wonder what caused that! Glad she seems ok otherwise.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @highsteaks must have been some weird fluke if she's feeling fine and it went away! I'm glad she's okay. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland yea, i hope it was a fluke. it was alarming because she’s also been acting fussy lately too. how do they check babies for uti? we have a wellcheck appointment tuesday and i will still probably bring it up and see if the pedi wants to test jic.
    edited February 2019
    edited February 2019
    @ashkee05 you’ve might have seen this already, but jic you haven’t... for extra storage, found this stroller saddlebag online and it fits perfect on the keenz wagon. and it’s main pocket is insulated! link in 1st spoiler, pics in 2nd spoiler.
  • Penny's cold send to have gone away in the last two days. Thankfully we did stock up on needs just in case. @offtoneverland I live in Herndon, VA (you're in MD, right?) So not far 😉. How are the girls? 

@wildrainbow sounds like a step in the right direction! Sending resting baby vibes your way.

Hey @laasmith how are you?

@highsteaks and @ashkee05 your wagon  accessories got me reconsidering life choices over here, lol 

• @wildrainbow how was ds1’s bday? 

@hollyeva glad to hear that Penny is feeling better! did you and your oldest two play in the snow? 

i am washing 6m clothes today!
  • @highsteaks It was good, but sensory overload. Ds1 lasted 2 hours before he was ready to go. 

I can't believe you are washing 6 month clothes! Crazy! 3 month clothes are still big on M. 
  • 4mo appointment went great yesterday. emilia weighs 10lbs and elise is just over 11lbs. and the crazy news: doc rcommended that they start purees at 5m! first, i can’t believe they are already old enough to have that conversation. second, i was shocked to hear that the recommended age is starting to change since dd1 was a baby. 5m is only two weeks away! i’m really excited. 
  • @highsteaks Sydney had her 4 month appointment yesterday too! I felt the same way about starting the solids conversation. There's no way our babies are big enough for that yet! The doctor recommended we start around 5.5 months, so we have a little ways to go, but it was super weird talking about it and knowing it's coming soon.
    Sydney's appointment went pretty well, thought she lost a little weight, probably because she had RSV followed by a UTI, so she's just been under the weather. We have a weight check in 2 weeks to see how she looks. She weighed 10lbs 14oz. 

@hollyeva So glad Penny is feeling better! Yes, I'm in Maryland. Not too far at all! 

@wildrainbow So happy to hear you got a night a long-ish stretch of sleep finally. How has it been going since then? Any better? 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4