July 2019 Moms
Options

Feeling baby move?

13»

Re: Feeling baby move?

• Options
    I’m starting to feel a rolling sensation pretty regularly when I’m laying down and being still. Give me more of that!
  • Options
    Definitely feeling movements now! At what point do kick counts need to.be monitored? 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama I think it’s in the 24-26week zone that we start kick counts for my doctor. 
  • Options
    I've been having a lot of jiggles and wiggles the past couple of weeks but the past few days it has crept into definite movement. It's so strange to me because I really do not remember feeling much until 24w with DS and I'm only 17+3 today. But last night when I sat down to go pee LO kicked me so hard I actually gasped. Go little one, go! 
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama They usually have us start around 28 weeks here unless we are high risk. Honestly with my first they didn't have me do a count. They just said if I'm worried about anything to come in. I'm with someone different this time so it will be interesting to see what he says.
  • Options
    Baby was putting on a show today. Seeing lots of movement from the outside when I was laying on the couch. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Anterior placenta for me AGAIN. But I least I now know why at 20+0 I'm still not feeling anything...and now I know not to worry and to just try to be patient for another month or so. Baby was wiggling around like crazy today at the AS. I loved watching her stretching out and rolling over. But I couldn't feel a thing.
  • Options
    So I’ve been feeling twinges of what I can only describe as spots of numbness or like a roller coaster feeling when your stomach lifts, but in my uterus area. Not the best descriptions but that’s the best I got for now. It changes where in my lower abdomen I feel this. Is this the baby? I’m 18.5 weeks today. I definitely don’t feel anything like a dance party or kicks and definitely can’t see lumps from the outside like others are describing. 
  • Options
    18w, FTM & I felt little summersaults for the first time while driving the other day! Seriously brought me to tears. What a very, very special moment. Felt a little movement last night while falling asleep too.  <3
  • Options
    I’ll be 20 weeks tomorrow, I haven’t felt much. Maybe some flutters? This is my third pregnancy and honestly don’t remember when I felt my other babes move for sure. I have an ultrasound tomorrow, excited to see this little bean again. Hopefully they’re in there moving around like crazy so I can ease my mind a bit.
  • Options
    @julybaybay my "dance party" is like if I had a phone implanted in my stomach and it was gently vibrating. I only feel it on the right because my placenta is along the left side. I'm just calling it a dance party as like a moniker to say, "The baby is moving." 
    I'd say yours sound like baby if it is the same feeling over and over that is what I was told to be aware of. If it felt like something I hadn't felt before, it was repeated, and not followed by tooting. (hehe) 
  • Options
    Thanks @hakele ! That is helpful. Yea the “never felt this before” is what leads me to believe it is that. It helps to have the details of your dance party, lol. It’s so hard, we are all so different and even the difference of a couple weeks matters in terms of what we experience. Thanks for also explaining the placenta thing. It’s so counterintuitive, I would have thought, right side placenta=right side baby feelings, but guess not. Sounds like it’s rhe same for the front to back as well..
  • Options
    mom2b77373mom2b77373 member
    edited February 2019
    Good morning!  I think... at 20+2 I am finally starting to feel something.  Still not 100% confident about it but its happening more and more frequently.  Just little pokes in my lower tummy from time to time, usually when I am sitting or laying down.
  • Options
    Now I want to feel the baby from the outside so dh can feel them move! He wasn't able to go to my AS so he's sad it's been a while since seeing the babe "in person"
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    @julybaybay the placenta is like a giant liver/lung organ. It looks like a big pillow when it comes out of you. (I only know because of you tube, haha) so it made sense that you wouldn’t feel anything through it. 
  • Options
    I'm 20+1 and I am not feeling big kicks or movements! I THINK I might have started to feel the little pop pop feelings! It makes me so anxious LOL I just want to feel her move so I know she's okay. I'm so excited for everyone who has definitely felt movement <3
  • Options
    I hear you. Hang in there!!! It makes me nervous hearing so many others feeling movement weeks and weeks earlier than I *think* I have. We're all so different. All of our bodies are different!
  • Options
    @Panaceia I'm starting to think I have an anterior placenta again too... I've felt a couple nudges that I thought maybe but that's it. DS1 was AP and didn't feel him til 22ish weeks but DS2 I felt at 13 weeks and felt from the outside at 16. Just so crazy how that placenta can make a huge difference. I'm my anatomy scan is Tuesday so I'm interested to find out!! 
  • Options
    @ccmama3 Good luck on Tuesday! I've never had a pregnancy without an AP and I'm so jealous of all the people who feel baby so early. I was both relieved and not at all surprised to find out that was the case again. At least I know the reason for not feeling much I  terms of movement. I'm sure you'll find out you have an AP again as well. I guess we'll just have to wait patiently for a few more weeks to really feel baby start to move.
  • Options
    @Panaceia yes! Or not so patiently lol. It is making me antsy to not have the reassurance of movement so hopefully soon for both of us!!!
  • Options
    @ccmama3 So much this!!! I need the next few weeks to pass quickly so I can start to relax at least a bit:/
  • Options
    @Panaceia officially joining the anterior placenta club. At least now I know!! Crazy, baby was moving non stop and I didn't feel a thing lol.
  • Options
    I must have a posterior placenta because I’ve felt baby move for 2.5 weeks now. Just now I even felt him kick me from the outside and I’m not quite 18weeks. I can’t wait for you ladies to feel it too. I’m a FTM so I’m stupid excited.
  • Options
    Off and on yesterday I felt very light bubbling, tingling movements. At first I thought it was just stomach/intestine bubbles then I realized it was different. I feel the same movements today. Finally convinced that I really am feeling baby! FTM, 17+2!!
  • Options
    @ccmama3 I'm glad you know for sure! It was the same at my AS. Baby was moving all over the place. SO kept saying "Can't you feel that?". Nope. Luckily the US tech stood up for me and explained it all to SO so he finally stopped asking.
  • Options
    @leylea89 that's how it was with my second with a posterior placenta. I felt him from the outside at 16 weeks which is crazy! Enjoy it!!! It's the best :love:
  • Options
    Haven't felt anything yet (FTM, so it's possible I've felt it and thought it was gas/a muscle twinge/something else), but I can hold my breath and my stomach/abdomen moves like crazy, so something's in there...  :D 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ccmama3 thanks! It’s mindblowing and comforting all at once. I put my hand on his spot for a minute yesterday and it must’ve been firm enough for him to feel because he kicked longer and harder. It’s so cool to be able to interact with him!
  • Options
    We have season tickets for college hockey. And last night when the only goal was scored and the crowd went crazy, I think it startled the baby. Hadn’t felt too much for a while and then boom; movement, vibrations, jabbing. 
  • Options
    I haven’t felt much the past week, but last night she really started going! I put my husband’s hand where she was pushing, and he could even feel it from the outside. So cool; seems more and more real every time I feel movement. 
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy SAME in the past 24 hours. Found out yesterday @ AS my placenta is posterior, so it should be easier for me to feel, which makes me think I felt LO other times but since I didn't totally know what I was trying to feel as a FTM, passed it off as gas or muscles. But something kicked me basically in the hip bone last night, and there ain't no gas down there, and then first frontal one today.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Anterior placenta does suck! Still no definite baby movement over here.