July 2019 Moms
Options

Feeling baby move?

Anyone feeling their baby move yet?

I'm almost 12 weeks, and I think I might have felt the little bitty flutters. :) I'm a STM.

Re: Feeling baby move?

• Options
    I didn't really feel anything until 20 wks the first time. Maybe I'll recognize it earlier, but I think the baby may be too small this early, tbh. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just turned 15 weeks today and I think I felt baby move twice, but it's real quick and light. STM++ (this is my fourth)
  • Options
    I felt it around 18 weeks with my first, and 15/16 with my second. I have a posterior placenta this time, so the doctor said I might feel it earlier this time. I am 13 weeks and nothing yet. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    15+3 pretty sure I felt him move.... also pretty sure I am super gassy. 

17 w with my first when I felt her. 
  • Options
    I'm at 12w 5d and I think i'm feeling baby. Made my hubby feel too and it's a super light feeling but he says he felt it too. I would compare it to just stronger than a heartbeat.
  • Options
    It’s all gas bubbles here! I didn’t feel anything until maybe 24 weeks with my first. 
  • Options
    A couple weeks ago I thought I might have felt something once- but not really since and I totally accept that it was probably gas. 
    I’m 14+4 now, I thin I was more like 17/18 with DD. 
    I’m excited to be able to feel it though- this second trimester energy and symptom rebound has me looking for other signs. 😂
  • Options
      I'm 14 weeks and I definitely felt something the other day, but nothing since then! 
  • Options
    I didn't feel anything until 18 weeks with my first. This time around, I felt it at 12 weeks (which was earlier this week). I am totally sure it was not gas. I have only felt it on 2 occasions so far.  It kid of feels like a little "pop pop pop" sensation on one side of the belly. I was not expecting to feel it  this early, but maybe its because the feeling is familiar, you recognize faint movements earlier the second time around. 
  • Options
    For me, I have not felt anything until 14 or 15 weeks, with 20 at my first.  I am not sure if I have felt anything with this one, but sometimes I think I could, but then other times it's gas.  So really hard to tell this early in the game.  
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I felt movement the other night when I woke up at 2am. I was just laying there and felt a few little quick movements. (Third time Mom here.)
  • Options
    Oh man! I'm so excited when I can feel LO in there!!!! I was anxiously awaiting 2nd tri and I've just hit that milestone. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the AS and feeling baby!
  • Options
    STM and I think I felt baby move a few times, I’m 15 weeks. I think I felt the first movement at 14 weeks but not 100% sure, it definitely could have been gas but it just felt a little different. With my daughter I felt movement about 17/18 weeks and I also had anterior placenta so this time around I’m not surprised to feel it sooner. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    14W4D and maybe? I've had random flutters that don't necessarily feel like gas, but STG I do not remember being this gassy before! To be fair my last pregnancy that made it to 15 weeks was my youngest son and that was 10 years ago. 

My boys are anxious for movements to start though. They are already bonding hard and love their sister so much and she isn't even here yet. 

ETF: punctuation because my teacher brain would explode otherwise. 
  • Options
    I didn't feel DD until around 26 weeks (anterior placenta). I'm 15+4 now and I *think* I felt something a couple of times but I also feel like it could be wishful thinking. 
  • Options
    I've felt some weird fluttering stuff a couple of times over the last few weeks. But they could still be gas bubbles, but usually for me, gas is like a pinching feeling. This was like what @realhousewife519 said with the Pop, pop, pop feel.  Otherwise, still waiting. 
  • Options
    With my first two I had an anterior placenta and didn't feel anything really until 18 weeks. I'm 14 weeks now and I'm pretty sure I've felt a few flutters. The U/S tech said the placenta was near the top at 12 weeks.
  • Options
    FTM question - does baby moving feel like gas?? I have no idea what to expect lol!
  • Options
    @rgn12, sorta. But a tad lighter and more random. Sort of like bubbles. Eventually those bubbles and taps end up feeling like actual movement. Then baby pushes legs against your belly and you see feet. Lol
  • Options
    @rgn12 With my pregnancies, I would just feel a few taps. It was always around 16-20 weeks and you definitely know it's the baby because it's something you have never felt before... that was my first experience. I don't think I've ever felt butterflies or bubbles like people talk about. 
  • Options
    I want to feel her so badly but I have an anterior placenta this time around so I know it could be awhile 
  • Options
    First I didn't feel until 21/22 weeks with an anterior placenta, but my second was a posterior placenta and I for sure felt him at 13 or 14 weeks! I'm curious about this time.
  • Options
    +1 to @Bear14+ . I didn't feel anything until distinct kicks, taps, punches. I'm 16 weeks tomorrow so we'll see of this time will be different.
  • Options
    FTM and no clue if I have! Does mymweight play a role in feeling babe? I'm plus size so I have more cushion 🤪
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama sadly yes, being plus size can affect it. I've never for sure felt movement before at least 18-20 weeks. 
  • Options
    I'm plus size too and I started feeling baby at the end of 12 weeks for sure. I don't believe your weight matters if your in tune with your body. This is my second, with my first I didn't feel anything until 20+ weeks. I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow and I've been feeling baby like crazy this past week and this weekend I've been able to feel the baby move across my uterus.
  • Options
    I had an anterior placenta last time and was prepared not to feel her for a while, but I began consistently feeling her at 16 weeks. It felt like a small fish flopping in my stomach.

I'm at 15w3d with a posterior placenta and haven't felt anything. I thought I felt him move, when I woke up in the middle of the night needing to pee, so maybe with the pressure of the full bladder plus laying on my stomach, I could feel him but I haven't felt anything since.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I started feeling him at 12+5 and thought I was just crazy. 16 weeks today and still feeling him in there. STM and this time I can distinguish between gas and movement. 
  • Options
    Ok I’ve been thinking I was crazy too... but I think I have been feeling baby. I’m 13W4D STM. Last pregnancy I started feeling around 18W. I started feeling what could be movement last weekend and today at my desk I felt a distinct movement that forsure wasn’t gas. I’m excited! 
  • Options
    First time I was exactly 20w when I felt movement and it was a forceful kick that shook my body! Second and third baby it was around 14w and it was distinguishable bc it was very repetitive, like tap tap tap tap, right in a row. I'm right at 14w now and I'm still not sure I've felt anything quite yet.
  • Options
    Okay I thought it was impossible feeling baby this early. I was up for a while last night because I could not stop feeling flutters! And I’m pretty sure it kicked me lightly in the bladder while it was completely full last night. So freaking crazy! I didn’t feel my first until 18 weeks and my second around 17 weeks. I’m 14 weeks 1 day 
  • Options
    I am CONVINCED I felt it yesterday. I didn't have any gas and I had this weird tap and then a swipe feeling. I've never felt anything like that, ever. It was weird, but I'm pretty certain that is what it was. 
  • Options
    @cindler Haha! I actually do this sometimes at night hoping to feel something. Mostly I'm just getting super familiar with my gas bubbles:/ I hope you start feeling movement soon. I feel like it's going to be at least 21 weeks before I feel anything. 
  • Options
    @rgn12 I think that would help. I find I can feel something little when I'm quietly laying on my left side at bed time. But not every night.  So will likely depend on when your LO is active.
  • Options
    I hadn't felt anything at all until yesterday at my ultrasound. She was jiggling the probe on my stomach trying to get him to move and I felt him kick back  😍 STM at 13 weeks, I didn't feel anything with my first baby until 18 weeks.
  • Options
    Man... the MC fears have picked up since I haven't felt anything. I'm a FTM with a long torso so my rational side says nbd. That other side though...
  • Options
    @cindler, don’t stress. First time, I didn’t feel them until 20 weeks. You might actually be but don’t recognize it yet. It’s really quite early for any of us to be looking for it regularly. I had a couple of days where I thought I did but nothing all week. It’s so random and inconsistent at this point, if at all.