January 2019 IUI

1235»

Re: January 2019 IUI

• Thanks everyone but they finally called and said BFN 😢

That was way easier to take compared to the first time. Boo
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 sorry! AF just arrived early for me! Now we officially start our break and will pursue IVF in the near future. 
  • oh no sorry @inthewoods23 & @ispiHope you have a restful weekend...  <3

feeling twinges and minor cramping this week. No idea if my period is on the way or if I'm pregnant but will find out soon
  • @inthewoods23 and @ispi - I"m sorry. :(

I test Monday.  I should be optimistic but it's hard. Already thinking about IVF after a break. 
  • I'm so sorry @inthewoods23 and @ispi. This  whole processis so mentally exhausting. @31magnolia I hope it works for you this time.   @ispi I'm on a break as well.  We are hoping it somehow happens naturally on our break but if not then by June we'll move onto ivf. I've heard it happens for some people so you never know . 
     Congratulations @sarahtothea. I hope your numbers continue to double.

• Well I just did the HPT (a cheap and a more expensive), they were both negative. I won't stop the progesterone suppositories until I get the official no after the blood test tomorrow, but I'm not expecting a different result. Like I said, we're going to take a break. This is emotionally draining and expensive. We'll circle back in 2-3 months and will talk about IVF. In the meantime I'm going to make some changes with eating and supplements and continue my acupuncture. Good Luck  all on your journey!
  • @31magnolia so sorry to hear! Take good care of yourself on your break
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Looks like we will be February IUI buddies.  AF came today and it was the most painful 2 hours I've ever had.  Not sure if it was because of all the progesterone, but it was miserable. I guess I have to toughen up for a future labor. FX!

@31magnolia @ispi - GL with the next steps!  I look forward to hearing how your next journey goes! 

@sarahtothea so happy to see a graduate of this thread!  Congrats!
  • @clabaughk22 yes my AF was much heavier the first few days once stopping the progesterone which sucks. AF hasn't shown up for me yet but I'm expecting it today or tomorrow.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @31magnolia I’m sorry to hear! Well I went full ahead on “taking a break” and booked and all inclusive in Punta Cana. No need to worry about Zika! Lol I’ll keep following to watch for the successes!
  • @christis8 any new updates on your BFP? 
  • @bmaty0214 nothing right now.  I have my first u/s Friday.  I'm just praying and hoping all looks well.
  • Keep us posted!  :)

@nancinator you go in tomorrow for Beta? 

• Thanks everyone. My SO and I had a heart to heart on next steps and what's meant for us. Let's say yesterday was a very emotional day. But I feel a little better today. I'll still be lurking and wishing everyone well. 

@ispi - your post made me laugh. I'm looking at booking a vacation too. No worries about Zika! Yay! Lol. 
  • nancinatornancinator member
    edited February 2019
    @bmaty0214 Wednesday early morning and will find out around lunchtime. Feeling soo antsy. :#  Anyways I booked a massage Wed afternoon for whatever outcome! If it turns out to be a BFN, I will start going to acupuncture 2x/wk and taking Chinese herbs. I had lunch today with a friend who is an acupuncturist and she's going to refer me to her friend who specializes in fertility. Do you have any Vday/Bday plans? 

• @nancinator best of luck!!! Oh nice, I got myself a deep tissue prior to staring this cycle and did one round of acupuncture. Hope you enjoy it!!!! 

No real plans on vday for my bday since it’s a weekday and everything is insane! But did have plans to celebrate my bday instead on Saturday with family. I had an emotional breakdown Saturday afternoon, so not quite certain if I’ll keep those plans. I may just cancel the festivities based on Friday’s outcome. 
  • @bmaty0214 Oh man... it's hard to keep it together! The cycle of hormones... the frequent visits... Hopefully this will be a great birthday present x and if not, keep forging ahead. 
  • @nancinator thank you! FX!

Good luck to you tomorrow! Hope the call tomorrow afternoon is filled with good news! 
  • Sadly, the IUI didn't work... I can feel my period coming and the phone call confirmed a BFN. I had a saline sonogram around Thanksgiving and the doctor was unsure so now after 2 failed IUIs, I'm going in for a hysteroscopy next week. They will take a look inside and see what's going on!  
  • @nancinator I’m soooo sorry! Maybe it’s for this reason alone to check yourself and make sure you’re A-okay. Keep strong and let’s hope that #3 is it for you. 
  • @bmaty0214 Yes, it's good that I'm having a hysteroscopy and dig deeper into the possible issues. I'm glad I'm not going for another IUI this cycle - it would probably be a wasted effort! Let me know how it went for you & happy bday!
  • @nancinator Thank you my dear for remembering. Birthday was yesterday and very well spent with family. It was extra special given the fact that I just got the BFN call. Broke down in tears... cancelled tomorrow’s gathering so that I can sulk in bed. Have a follow up appt with RE next week for the “talk” as to whether or not to proceed. Also have a second opinion consultation with another RE next month. Keeping my options open. 

Hope you all all had a beautiful Valentine’s Day! 
  • So I have to go back next Friday for another u/s. Dating shows I’m just past 5 weeks so it’s possibly too early to see heartbeat but they see sac.   “Cautious optimism” but we will know more next week. Sigh...  I just hate waiting. This whole process is such a mindF. She said if we don’t see heartbeat next week it’s likely not viable. There’s nothing I can do at this point to change whatever will happen. 
  • @bmaty0214 oh no *Hugs* so sorry. Wish our bodies would let us know what’s wrong instead of it being this huge mystery. Have a glass of wine or 5 this weekend x  

@christis8 omg that is so exciting! I can imagine this is even more stressful than the TTW in some ways but yay that there is a sac! FX for a heartbeat 💗 
  • @christis8 FX for next Friday! 
    @nancinator without a doubt, maybe a bottle or two...lol. Looking forward to a long run tomorrow to feel somewhat normal again. 
  • Update - 2nd f/u u/s - No growth.  RE could see placenta is already starting to detach.  Looks like I'll be joining IUI/IVF month group in the future.

Emotionally I really am OK.  It's dealing with the physical part that I am dreading.  
  • @christis8 so sorry to hear 😢 I hope the process isn't very difficult for you!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @christis8 I’m so sorry. My January IUI also resulted in a loss (my 3rd loss overall, but my first from IUI). The only thing that kept me from falling apart was throwing everything into our next cycle and hoping for a better outcome. It took 6 tries just to get that one loss, but I’m really hopeful that it won’t take as long for it to work next time around. 

The physical part of miscarrying is rough. I hope you have someone to be with you through it. I will be thinking of you. 

unexplained since january 2015; one prior loss
    miracle baby boy born march 2016
    ttc #2 since january 2017; one loss in april 2017
    started injectables and IUI in may 2018
    IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    laparoscopy november 2018 = minor endo removed from right tube
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #6 = chemical pregnancy
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• @christis8 so sorry =( but glad that you are managing with it mentally 

i had a hysteroscopy last week and they removed small polyps. it was a full surgery and went under general anesthesia - took only 15 mins and recovery has been very quick. Unfortunately nothing inside for 2 weeks so that means no chance February and earliest IuI would be very end of March/early April! Feels like it’s taking foreverrrr