Infertility

February IUI

Welcome all with IUIs in the month of February!

Introduction/DX:

IUI number: 

IUI protocol:

R/R (rant/rave):

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: February IUI

• intro/dx: Well, I’m back again after IUI #6 resulted in a chemical pregnancy. DH (32) and I (31) have been trying for baby #2 since January 2017. Unexplained, with low morphology and minor endo (recently removed) that supposedly aren’t significant enough to impact our fertility. 

iui#This is number 7. All with injectables.

iui protocol: 175iu Follistim, trigger shot, and PIO/endometrin. 

r/r: Last cycle was my first successful IUI, but it unfortunately ended in a chemical pregnancy. I’m feeling optimistic that I can get pregnant again, but nervous about the prospect of another early miscarriage (this was my 3rd loss out of 4 pregnancies in the past 5 years). Last month was also my first month doing acupuncture, which I truly believe was the reason for my success. I’ll be doing that again this month too. First follicle scan is tomorrow, and IUI should be at the end of this week if my body responds the same way it did last cycle. After my loss I am desperate to get pregnant again as soon as possible.

unexplained since january 2015; one prior loss
    miracle baby boy born march 2016
    ttc #2 since january 2017; one loss in april 2017
    started injectables and IUI in may 2018
    IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    laparoscopy november 2018 = minor endo removed from right tube
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #6 = chemical pregnancy
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• Introduction/DX: I am back at again! I am 38 and DH is 42. Unexplained infertility. Possible male favor but who knows?

IUI number: #2

IUI protocol: Letorzole and trigger shot

R/R (rant/rave): This whole process is mentally exhausting. Trying to stay realistically optimistic about the process. 

• Loading the player...
  • Introduction/DX: I'll be 30 in a few months, DH is 31. TTC #1. DX is unexplained however DH does have low morph

IUI number: #3 (may actually happen I'm early March since I'm still WFAF to start the new cycle)

IUI protocol: letrozole and trigger

R/R (rant/rave): after the disappointing results from Friday I am definitely not going to temp or do OPKs. I had the most beautiful looking chart and it didn't mean squat! So to save myself some anxiety, I'm leaving it all in the hands of the professionals.

@dkv713 sorry about your CP 😢

@herosdaughter totally agree that this is very mentally draining! It's hard not to get your hopes up.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Well ladies, AF arrived yesterday so I'll have my baseline US tomorrow morning.

GL in your cycles!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Went to the clinic today and have really slow growing follicles. Meeting with the doc tomorrow to assess. I am unsure if I should be be worried or not. This whole process is a lot! 

GL everyone!
  • My US this morning showed everything is good! Starting letrozole tonight!

@herosdaughter what cycle day are you right now?

For your follies:

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • dkv713  sorry to hear about your CP! Hopefully, this cycle is successful! 
  • @inthewoods23 glad you got clearance and are starting letrozole. I am CD 16. I got clearance yesterday to a trigger shot Thursday and then IUI Saturday morning. Hoping for the best for both of us. 

Sidebar - I loved your pic for my follicles. I am trying not to "talk" to them to get them to grow. :)
  • Introduction/DX: hello everyone! Newbie here but so happy to have joined! Our diagnosis is anovulation plus male factor infertility. I am 25 (will be 26 next week) my hubby is 26. This is our third year trying to conceive and about 10 months since we started infertility treatments.

IUI number: 4 (third consecutive one, we had to take a break after our first)

IUI protocol: this month I took Clomid cycle days 3-7, had ultrasound monitoring cd 12 have 5 follicles, 2 mature, 3 with a 30% chance of releasing, uterine lining was 9.45mm, took ovidrel to trigger on cd 12 and had our IUI cd 14 which was this past Sunday February 10th!

R/R (rant/rave): I wish they had more answers and control over sperm levels and counts. I feel like as a women they pump me full of medications and hormones to fix my issues but unfortunately for him, there is nothing they can do. 

Good luck everyone! I hope this is our month! I am so happy to have joined this community!

• @herosdaughter GL tomorrow!

@dkv713 I'm so sorry about your CP, I hope this month is successful. My IF clinic does acupuncture and I was thinking about trying it.

@inthewoods23 I'm with you about the charting. If we do another IUI next month, I may give myself a break from it too. GL this cycle.

@racingwife26d fx for you!

Introduction/DX: Hi everyone. I've been more off than on here since before Christmas, but I'm trying to be more on and use it as a stress-management mechanism.  I'm 36, DH is 48, we've been TTC for 5 years, diagnosed with unexplained infertility in Nov.

IUI number: 2

IUI protocol: Letrozole and Ovidrel.  The IUI was yesterday, so now I wait and wait and wait. This is the worst part, I tend to get really irritable and snappy about everything. 

R/R (rant/rave): In spite of how much I hate the 2WW, I'm glad that the IUI part is done. The timing of my cycle did not mesh with the rest of life this month and the whole process was extra stressful. If I had known at the beginning of last week that it would be like this, I definitely would have waited till next month. If we don't have a good outcome, I feel like I'm going to more disappointed than I usually am.

Me 36, DH 48
    Married since 9/9/12
    TTC since 9/13
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/18
    IUI #1: Jan 19, BFN
    IUI #2: Feb 19, TBD
  • @Noodle9912 I would highly recommend acupuncture. I always thought it was just another one of those things that people say to try that doesn’t really change things at the end of the day, but it has honestly helped me so much. Not only did I get pregnant my first month doing it (after two full years of ttc and 5 failed IUIs), but it has also worked wonders when it comes to my infertility-related anxiety and depression. After trying for so long and so many failed cycles, I was just stuck in this mentality that this was never going to work and just walking around like a zombie all the time. Since starting acupuncture my emotions just feels so much more in balance, and I feel hopeful about getting pregnant again soon. Every treatment honestly feels like going to the spa.

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• I officially start acupuncture next week! Good luck!  :)
  • Hi ladies!

Finally had my midcycle US this morning and to my surprise I have a follicle measuring about 21mm so we'll be triggering tonight and IUI on Saturday!

How is everyone else doing? I think everyone is in their TWW but me. Hope all is well!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewood23 Yeah! Good luck to you with your IUI Saturday. 

I am just trying to keep positive during this TWW. 
  • @inthewoods23 how exciting! Good luck to you!

I'm 8dpo today. Progesterone was 42 yesterday. This is my first month not taking any type of progesterone support and I honestly feel so much better than I usually do at this time in my cycle. 

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited February 2019
    IUI was great today! Previous numbers after the sperm wash have been 3.4 and 3.7 million motile sperm. Today was 17!!! million! I had been having DH use up the vitamins I had bought him some time ago. Either the vitamins or the 2 days of BDing before the trigger shot day BD helped his motile numbers immensely! I'm so hopeful!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • 1berettam1berettam member
    edited February 2019

Introduction/DX: I am 30/PCOS and husband is 33 w/inconsistent motility and counts.  

IUI number: TWO! 

IUI protocol: Doubled letrozole dose this month, Ovidrel and progesterone.

R/R (rant/rave): Excited because the new Letrozole dose got my follicles moving much faster.  I triggered on CD13 this month!  Last month, I wasn't ready until CD20.  The only thing I worry about are my husbands numbers.  Every time is different.  Last IUI he had 4.8 for his count (after the wash).  This time, he only had 3.1, but the doctors said they still have success as long as the counts are over 2.5.  FX!

• @dkv713 You have truly opened my eyes to trying acupuncture.  I think I need it most for the stress and depression this entire process brings.  My DH was in the room with me during IUI and was so caught off guard when I started crying (I have a very stubborn cervix when it comes to allowing a catheter in).  The pain/uncomfortableness of it all doesn't even compare to the emotional stress that overcomes me as I am laying on that table. 
  • @clabaughk22 if they have issues getting the catheter inserted, ask if they'll do your next IUI (if you need it) with US guidance. It should help them guide the catheter through a bit easier.

My first IUI they ended up using a tool that pulled my cervix straight since they couldn't get through into the uterus for a good 10 minutes but could get into the cervix just fine. Had a lot of cramping on that one.

The second IUI, the RE had the RNs use US to see how my cervix goes to guide the catheter and found out mine goes towards the back and also curves to the right. The process was much less painful (still took a little while since the RE was also giving the RNs some instruction).

This third time the RE did the IUI herself. It was so quick and I didn't feel a thing besides her inserting the speculum. I didn't feel the catheter or anything so she definitely remembered how my cervix goes.

I would definitely recommend the US if they'll do that for you to make the process smoother and hopefully less painful for you!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Both times, it was suggested, but they seemed very determined to make it work without an US.  The first time took about 20 minutes.  Today, it took about 30.  Both times, the nurse needed to call for back up. 
  • @clabaughk22 definitely advocate for it next time! Lay it out for them, like "look, the last 2 IUIs have been done without the guidance of US. Both times the process has taken a very long time and each time has caused me a lot of discomfort both emotionally and physically. I will not go forward with a 3rd IUI unless US is used."

I had the nurses apologizing to me nearly every minute or after any little since at the pain I had. They were super nice and they were the ones that had decided my 2nd IUI would be done with the US. I hope your clinic can be more caring towards its patients ❤️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • swazeyswazey member
    edited February 2019
    @herosdaughter Hey girl!! I am back at it again too!

2nd IUI was the 24th, currently in the TWW!!
  • @swazey GL to you. 

I test on Friday since my second IUI was on the 16th. Hoping that it works out for the both of us!
  • Thank you! GL and baby dust to you @herosdaughter

I test on the 10th. I feel good about this round. Had three mature follicles and numbers for the DS were off the charts this time. I am def. more comfortable with the timing of this round.

2nd IUI 7.5mg of letrozole for 10 days and trigger shot. (My husband was way too happy to stab me for that LOL!) 
  • Introduction/DX:  Diminished ovarian reserve & ovulation issues

IUI number: #1 this round, have done 3 in the past

IUI protocol: 100mg clomid days 3-7, ovidrel

R/R (rant/rave):  Last month we had to cancel the cycle because I was super sick with a horrible virus around the time we were supposed to do the IUI.  This time we made it happen and it was quick and painless.  Now the only pain is the 2WW.

• Well, I am out again this month! :( Hopefully, next month works out for me.
  • @ladyKC2 Welcome aboard and good luck! 

@herosdaughter I’m sorry! Hope next cycle works wonders for you. 

I’m currently on my TWW (#5)! Very emotional lately. I’ve been disconnecting from the forum and social media to gain some sort of sanity! 
  • @herosdaughter aw man:( I am sorry. I hope next month brings you a BFP :) 
  • Hi everyone, I'm new here and I am due for my first ever IUI in 2 days HOPEFULLY. im on day 10 of meds right now (menopur only), but my follicles seemed  a little slow to grow in the beginning. Holy bloat.... I can barely button my pants for work. Does the bloat subside a little post IUI? I am so uncomfortable right now and just wondering if this will get a little better or not!
  • 1berettam1berettam member
    edited March 2019
    @herosdaughter wishing you the best next month!  Stay hopeful! 
    @bmaty0214 I try to do the same... If I am on here too much, I obsess!  I limit myself to only the Infertility Forum and basically this thread! 
    @Knottie33626629 I have a different plan for TTGP, so I have never taken 10 days of meds, but have never experienced bloat with my Femara (days 3-9).  I would make sure you're drinking half your weight in ounces of water everyday.  That will definitely help with bloat after a couple days!  This helps me when I experience massive bloat after my Ovidrel injection.  
    @ladyKC2 FX!! Especially after having to postpone last month!
  • Ladies!!! I am 14 days past trigger shot and 11 dpiui. I POAS last week and it was negative. I POAS x2 line and digital and I got a BFP!!!!!!!!! My “official” test date is the 10th so I might continue to POAS just for peace of mind... fingers crossed that this is it and it sticks!!!
  • Woo hoo!! @swazey Sending lots of positive vibes your way!!! 

I test the 12th and nervous to do a HPT.    :# 
  • Congrats @swazey !!! That’s great news! 😘

@bmaty0214 good luck xoxo hope it’s a positive this time around!!

I could not have an IUI this cycle post hysteroscopy so we just BD’d. But I’ve had bad news concerning my insurance - they will no longer cover my IUI’s!!! I’m so upset. Oxford said because of my right tubal issue they recommend I move straight to IVF (which isn’t covered lol). I’m raging 😭  I need better insurance fml
  • day 3 post IUI - this 2 week wait is going by SO SLOW.... those who got a BFP, when did you test?
  • Finally had my blood test today at 16dpiui since I was out of town on Saturday when they normally have me take it at 14dpiui.

It's up to us to decide if we want to do a 4th IUI or move on to IVF. Gonna be having that not so fun chat tonight.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Hi Ladies. I had my IUI on Thursday and Friday. My RE likes to do it back to back and I had my trigger shot on Wednesday after taking Clomid and Gonal. Feeling super bloated today! Anyone in the same boat?