February IUI — The Bump
Infertility

February IUI

Welcome all with IUIs in the month of February!

Introduction/DX:

IUI number: 

IUI protocol:

R/R (rant/rave):

TTGP February Siggy Challenge: Animals in Love

Me: 29 DH:31
Together since 2007
Married 7/2/16
TTC #1 since 7/2017
Dx: unexplained, DH's SA shows 1% morph
IUI #1 12/27/18 - BFN 1/10/19
IUI #2 1/25/2019 - BFN 2/8/19
IUI #3 TBD
mylovejoy86

Re: February IUI

• intro/dx: Well, I’m back again after IUI #6 resulted in a chemical pregnancy. DH (32) and I (31) have been trying for baby #2 since January 2017. Unexplained, with low morphology and minor endo (recently removed) that supposedly aren’t significant enough to impact our fertility. 

iui#This is number 7. All with injectables.

iui protocol: 175iu Follistim, trigger shot, and PIO/endometrin. 

r/r: Last cycle was my first successful IUI, but it unfortunately ended in a chemical pregnancy. I’m feeling optimistic that I can get pregnant again, but nervous about the prospect of another early miscarriage (this was my 3rd loss out of 4 pregnancies in the past 5 years). Last month was also my first month doing acupuncture, which I truly believe was the reason for my success. I’ll be doing that again this month too. First follicle scan is tomorrow, and IUI should be at the end of this week if my body responds the same way it did last cycle. After my loss I am desperate to get pregnant again as soon as possible.
    TTC #2 since January 2017
    April 2017: spontaneous pregnancy (m/c at 6 weeks)
    February 2018: full testing by RE
    DX: Still unexplained (first DX'd in January of 2015)

May 2018-Sept 2018:
    4 failed IUIs, all with Follistim + trigger + ICI + IUI + progesterone
    1-3 mature follicles and 60m+ motile sperm every time

Nov 2018: Hysteroscopy; minor endometriosis found on and removed from right tube
    Dec 2018: another failed IUI 

Jan 2019: Follistim 175iu (8 days) + acupuncture
    IUI cycle almost cancelled due to risk of multiples
    Follicles: 21, 20, 16, 16, 15, 15, 14, 14, 14, 13, 13, 12, 12, 12, 11, and 11mm 24 hours before trigger
    ICI + IUI

• Introduction/DX: I am back at again! I am 38 and DH is 42. Unexplained infertility. Possible male favor but who knows?

IUI number: #2

IUI protocol: Letorzole and trigger shot

R/R (rant/rave): This whole process is mentally exhausting. Trying to stay realistically optimistic about the process. 

• Introduction/DX: I'll be 30 in a few months, DH is 31. TTC #1. DX is unexplained however DH does have low morph

IUI number: #3 (may actually happen I'm early March since I'm still WFAF to start the new cycle)

IUI protocol: letrozole and trigger

R/R (rant/rave): after the disappointing results from Friday I am definitely not going to temp or do OPKs. I had the most beautiful looking chart and it didn't mean squat! So to save myself some anxiety, I'm leaving it all in the hands of the professionals.

@dkv713 sorry about your CP 😢

@herosdaughter totally agree that this is very mentally draining! It's hard not to get your hopes up.

Together since 2007
    Married 7/2/16
    TTC #1 since 7/2017
    IUI #3 TBD
    dkv713
  • Well ladies, AF arrived yesterday so I'll have my baseline US tomorrow morning.

GL in your cycles!

Together since 2007
    Married 7/2/16
    TTC #1 since 7/2017
    IUI #3 TBD
  • Went to the clinic today and have really slow growing follicles. Meeting with the doc tomorrow to assess. I am unsure if I should be be worried or not. This whole process is a lot! 

GL everyone!
  • My US this morning showed everything is good! Starting letrozole tonight!

@herosdaughter what cycle day are you right now?

For your follies:

Together since 2007
    Married 7/2/16
    TTC #1 since 7/2017
    IUI #3 TBD
    herosdaughter
  • dkv713  sorry to hear about your CP! Hopefully, this cycle is successful! 
  • @inthewoods23 glad you got clearance and are starting letrozole. I am CD 16. I got clearance yesterday to a trigger shot Thursday and then IUI Saturday morning. Hoping for the best for both of us. 

Sidebar - I loved your pic for my follicles. I am trying not to "talk" to them to get them to grow. :)
  • Introduction/DX: hello everyone! Newbie here but so happy to have joined! Our diagnosis is anovulation plus male factor infertility. I am 25 (will be 26 next week) my hubby is 26. This is our third year trying to conceive and about 10 months since we started infertility treatments.

IUI number: 4 (third consecutive one, we had to take a break after our first)

IUI protocol: this month I took Clomid cycle days 3-7, had ultrasound monitoring cd 12 have 5 follicles, 2 mature, 3 with a 30% chance of releasing, uterine lining was 9.45mm, took ovidrel to trigger on cd 12 and had our IUI cd 14 which was this past Sunday February 10th!

R/R (rant/rave): I wish they had more answers and control over sperm levels and counts. I feel like as a women they pump me full of medications and hormones to fix my issues but unfortunately for him, there is nothing they can do. 

Good luck everyone! I hope this is our month! I am so happy to have joined this community!

• @herosdaughter GL tomorrow!

@dkv713 I'm so sorry about your CP, I hope this month is successful. My IF clinic does acupuncture and I was thinking about trying it.

@inthewoods23 I'm with you about the charting. If we do another IUI next month, I may give myself a break from it too. GL this cycle.

@racingwife26d fx for you!

Introduction/DX: Hi everyone. I've been more off than on here since before Christmas, but I'm trying to be more on and use it as a stress-management mechanism.  I'm 36, DH is 48, we've been TTC for 5 years, diagnosed with unexplained infertility in Nov.

IUI number: 2

IUI protocol: Letrozole and Ovidrel.  The IUI was yesterday, so now I wait and wait and wait. This is the worst part, I tend to get really irritable and snappy about everything. 

R/R (rant/rave): In spite of how much I hate the 2WW, I'm glad that the IUI part is done. The timing of my cycle did not mesh with the rest of life this month and the whole process was extra stressful. If I had known at the beginning of last week that it would be like this, I definitely would have waited till next month. If we don't have a good outcome, I feel like I'm going to more disappointed than I usually am.

Me 36, DH 48
    Married since 9/9/12
    TTC since 9/13
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/18
    IUI #1: Jan 19, BFN
    IUI #2: Feb 19, TBD
  • @Noodle9912 I would highly recommend acupuncture. I always thought it was just another one of those things that people say to try that doesn’t really change things at the end of the day, but it has honestly helped me so much. Not only did I get pregnant my first month doing it (after two full years of ttc and 5 failed IUIs), but it has also worked wonders when it comes to my infertility-related anxiety and depression. After trying for so long and so many failed cycles, I was just stuck in this mentality that this was never going to work and just walking around like a zombie all the time. Since starting acupuncture my emotions just feels so much more in balance, and I feel hopeful about getting pregnant again soon. Every treatment honestly feels like going to the spa.
    TTC #2 since January 2017
    April 2017: spontaneous pregnancy (m/c at 6 weeks)
    February 2018: full testing by RE
    DX: Still unexplained (first DX'd in January of 2015)

May 2018-Sept 2018:
    4 failed IUIs, all with Follistim + trigger + ICI + IUI + progesterone
    1-3 mature follicles and 60m+ motile sperm every time

Nov 2018: Hysteroscopy; minor endometriosis found on and removed from right tube
    Dec 2018: another failed IUI 

Jan 2019: Follistim 175iu (8 days) + acupuncture
    IUI cycle almost cancelled due to risk of multiples
    Follicles: 21, 20, 16, 16, 15, 15, 14, 14, 14, 13, 13, 12, 12, 12, 11, and 11mm 24 hours before trigger
    ICI + IUI
    bmaty0214
  • I officially start acupuncture next week! Good luck!  :)