July 2019 Moms

Symptoms & Bodily Complaints w/o 2/4

Re: Symptoms & Bodily Complaints w/o 2/4

• It seems early for this, but as of this morning it feels like my ute just smooshed my organs up into my ribcage and now everything is uncomfortable. 
  • Gah I just posted a symptoms thread! I'll change it to a gif party then come back with my response :p
  • Loading the player...
  • @hestia14 haha we are riding the same wavelength today
  • So I had my 16W appointment yesterday and the heartbeat sounded good (151 bpm), my urine sample was normal, and I wasn't having any weird symptoms. This morning I woke up to just a tiny bit of pink spotting--I had to really stare at the toilet paper to see it, but it was there. It "rusted" to tan by the time I got to work but I could only tell when I scraped my CM out of my underwear. (TMI, but oh well) I left a message with my doctor this morning and now I'm noticing regular "twinges" around where baby should be. They're like mild cramp waves that last about a second. Is it too early for Braxton Hicks? 
    I'm probably worrying over nothing, seeing as my checkup yesterday was fine and baby's heart rate strong. Still...
  • @hestia14 I think BH start pretty darn early but it's hard to recognize them until around now. Mine just tend to make ute feel a little tender and hard as a rock. Did you cervix get bumped from anything during your appt or otherwise? 
  • @mamanbebe nope, they only used the doppler during my appointment, and DH and I haven't had sex in a while. I spot a lot with my normal cycle too.
    I just got a call back from my doctor and they told me to take it easy and drink more water. Guess I'm not going to the gym tonight...
  • @hestia14 I hope everything returns to normal soon <3 
  • SI PAIN! OMG, SI PAIN! My OB gave me some stretches, but it is super painful when I have to get up and down from sitting all day long being an MRI tech. The stretches aren’t helping either. Gotta try a bath and/or the sticky warm patches. 
  • @hestia14 Ugh, I'm so sorry for the scare and hope some resting clears it up.

Still struggling some with insomnia. My OBGYN said I could take Zzzyquil if I needed it, and I use it SUPER sparingly (like maybe once or twice a month on bad days), but I can really feel the lack of sleep catching up to me. Headaches and sleepy spells during the day, esp. while at work. 
  • Still going from really hungry, almost immediately to super full, once I eat anything.  Then terrible acid reflux like an hour later (unless I remember to take a Zantac before I eat).  I'm starting to worry I'm not eating enough because of this.
  • @hestia14 I hope the rest helps! Increasing my water usually helps with BH, if that’s what it is. 

@hinotes I have the same issue. The reflux isn’t terrible yet, but with my last pregnancy I did end up taking Zantac. I swear if I take more than 3 bites of food, I’m instantly full. That makes me always hungry though! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've been having terrible RLP today. Everytime I shifted at my desk or stood up too fast it was horrible. All the water in the world isn't helping. I actually left work early for the first time this entire pregnancy to go home and rest. 
  • I feel like someone kicked me in the vagina. It hurts to sit, stand, walk, pee, everything. I’m really moody. My feet are starting to swell. Acid reflux/heartburn is starting. I feel like it’s too early for all this.
  • @jenniferjoy37 I feel your pain! (literally) I'm finally getting over four weeks of sciatica. I still can't sit cross-legged on the floor :/ Is your belly sitting high or low? Mine got better when my bump appeared and I think it's because baby moved off of whatever nerve he/she was sitting on. 
  • I'm starting to think LO is triggering lactose intolerance. Or milkshake intolerance. I puked milkshakes up a bunch when my nausea was bad, then today I felt almost 100% til I had one, and now I feel like utter s*** (but no puking, go figure). Such a random trigger.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I was doing so good with all the nausea and puking. Then last night and today it started back up again. Boooo.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Not sure if this is truly "symptom" per se, but I keep having these panicky feelings that I lost sight of one of my kids. Like I look around and count the 3 around me and I want to find the other one to make sure s/he is ok. But then I remember the other one isn't born yet! I've never had that feeling before but I'm taking it as a sign that our family isn't complete yet.

And just a heads up to mamas about to have baby #3 it can be really hard to keep track of them all! 
  • @Cbeanz I totally count my kids out loud regularly. I can't tell you how many times I've been snickered at in public for doing so. But hey. It helps me make sure they are all there lol! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • That g-d weird taste in my mouth is back with a vengeance. I was hoping it would go away when the nausea subsided, but noooooo.
  • @greeneyedgirl12 +1 to the milk issues. I lived off of milk while pregnant with DD. This time any milk or dairy comes right back up.

And my nipples are now officially half the size of my boobs:/
  • Dibbun is bouncing on my bladder today. D: Worst day ever to have day-long workshop.
  • You know what's fun? Waddling/walking otherwise awkwardly to the bathroom/anywhere because of muscle and RLP pain and realizing it's going to get appreciably worse over the next 6 months.

#notactuallyfun #saidnooneever
  • @greeneyedgirl12 My RLP has been terrible all week! And yes, will only get worse. TMI - I feel like mine is even worse when I pee. 
  • RLP has been so sporadic all week. Also, I am now tossing and turning all night.  
  • I keep getting overly confident about my nausea being gone which now twice this week has led to me eating too much in one sitting and then feeling super sick. I need to remember that there’s limited real estate in there 😂
  • @hestia14 I’m pretty sure baby is sitting low. I have a posterior uterus as well, so that may be part of the issue. I’m so glad you’re feeling a bit better! 

@key33 +1 for tossing and turning all night. Do you have a pregnancy pillow? 

• @Panaceia It seems to ONLY be milkshakes. Maybe it's the amount of dairy/lactose? Cuz cheese and small quantities of ice cream seem to be fine...
    @msimi Same.
  • @jenniferjoy37 - I just bought a new body pillow on Monday, which has helped much more than without. It's what I used with my other two pregnancies. I never used a pregnancy specific pillow. I tried them, but didn't like them. My main issue is I usually sleep on my stomach which isn't an option anymore. 
  • +1 to tossing and turning all night. I'm so sick of my left side. About halfway through the night my left shoulder and left hip just ache. I want so bad to lay on my back and stretch out a little but no....
    Body pillow will be purchased as soon as I get paid again, that's for sure!
  • I would be struggling even more to sleep without the body pillow. I’m glad I bought it early. 

My RLP is unbearable the last two days. All I can do at night is lay in bed. It just gets progressively worse through the day. Like Hubby wanted to take me to the ER! But I had to reassure him that it was all normal. And I had an OB visit on the books today. I asked her and she said it was all fine and that unfortunately, sometimes it just sucks. 

@meandlittleb, it’s like when I pee, it allows things to move and shift and the RLP is worse. 
  • @cindler yes! I'm a back sleeper .Even with the pregnancy pillow I somehow manage to end up on back on top of the pillow. 
  • The nose bleeds have officially started. I woke up in the middle of the night with dripping on my hand. It was a good thing I slept with my hands under my face 
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm do you have a humidifier? My morning nosebleeds have pretty much gone away now that I run a humidifier all night.
  • To all the body pillow advocates, do you have the kind that wrap around you completely?   I tried a regular pillow last night and threw it out of the bed with 20 minutes. I dont want to spend $$ on something I end up hating.
  • @cindler I got one that is like an L. It was a U with a detachable part. And I just detached it.
  • @cindler I grabbed a regular one from Target ($9.99). It has reduced my tossing and turning a lot, not completely but way better than without.

The full body pregnancy specific ones were just too much for me. I still found myself uncomfortable in them and adjusting was a big issue. They also made me hot.
  • @cindler I got a full U this time (L last time) and like it a lot...although my bump is still pretty small so not yet in the stage that it’s an essential! What I like is switching sides in the night without having to move the pillow because realistically I can’t sleep on my left side all night (even though I know that’s what’s best!!)
  • @hestia14 I do. Thanks I have to try it. 
  • Not sure if it’s RLP or what, just having achiness and some discomfort in my lower abdomen. I have an appointment Monday so I’ll be sure to ask then.