1st Trimester
Options

7 weeks and still bfn?

peanomkaypeanomkay member
edited January 2019 in 1st Trimester
I’ve not had a period since late November, and I had some implantation bleeding right on schedule.  I track everything I can, and I’ve got all the symptoms, right down to the start of morning sickness, and the headaches... this would be my second child, but tests are still negative!!  I’ve missed two periods so far, and still no bfp. I have an appointment to confirm at the end of the month, but this feels so strange. Has anyone else gone weeks without a positive test even though you know you were pregnant?

Re: 7 weeks and still bfn?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with the other posters. 
    If you were truly seven weeks you would be able to turn a test.  Best wishes at your doc for answers. 
  • Options
    Have you been using OPKs or temping? If you have not confirmed O, then you can't be sure that you're pregnant. Hopefully you get some answers from your doctor!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    My cycles are very short. I temp and graph my cycles, so I know when I ovulated, and my base core temp has remained elevated ever since. My bleeding in December was two days of minimal spotting exactly when I would have implanted, and if I count that as a period, I’m 3 days late for my January cycle today. 

Im throwing up, my nipples are dark, smells are significantly increased, I’m totally exhausted, I tested namegatube for the flu, and last night, I dipped my beef jerky in my husbands mint chocolate chip ice cream. But yes, still, no positive on my hpt. I may get a different brand and try again, as the ones I’m using were a bulk pack on amazon. The tiny little strips where you get 25 for like 10 dollars?  Anyway, I made an appointment for an ultrasound. I’ll either bleed between now and the appointment, or we will confirm that I’m pregnant. 
  • Options
    peanomkay said:
    My cycles are very short. I temp and graph my cycles, so I know when I ovulated, and my base core temp has remained elevated ever since. My bleeding in December was two days of minimal spotting exactly when I would have implanted, and if I count that as a period, I’m 3 days late for my January cycle today. 

Im throwing up, my nipples are dark, smells are significantly increased, I’m totally exhausted, I tested namegatube for the flu, and last night, I dipped my beef jerky in my husbands mint chocolate chip ice cream. But yes, still, no positive on my hpt. I may get a different brand and try again, as the ones I’m using were a bulk pack on amazon. The tiny little strips where you get 25 for like 10 dollars?  Anyway, I made an appointment for an ultrasound. I’ll either bleed between now and the appointment, or we will confirm that I’m pregnant. 
    You go Glen Coco! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @peanomkay unfortunately all of the symptoms in the world mean nothing without a positive test.  You're at most 7-8 weeks which is well within the limits for a hpt to read positive if you are pregnant.  Every BFP I've ever gotten was on a cheapie Wondfo test strip from Amazon.  They are legit.

I'm happy you have a doctor appointment because if you are not pregnant, and you likely are not, there could be something else going on with you that would require medical intervention.  Good luck.
  • Options
    Where are you going for an ultrasound? I hope that you have called your doctor, have told them what's going on and they had/have you come in, as a medically necessary ultrasound can only be done with a referral.

Please do not go to a boutique where your worries/concerns can not be answered, but only make things more stressful if there is nothing to be seen.  
  • Options
    peanomkay said:

None of this changes what I or anyone else said.
  • Options
    My ultrasound is on the 31st. It’s the soonest they had available. Here’s hoping!  I’m gonna get this sorted out by hook or by crook. :)
  • Options
    peanomkay said:
    My ultrasound is on the 31st. It’s the soonest they had available. Here’s hoping!  I’m gonna get this sorted out by hook or by crook. :)
    Was is scheduled by your doctor?
  • Options
    🧐
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    one would assume your doctor would at least draw betas to confirm. andplusalso they don’t seem too convinced if they scheduled you 3 weeks out...
  • Options
    Under the care of my RE they drew a few betas and did a couple ultrasounds, but when I made my first appointment with my OB they didn't actually ask if I'd had a positive pregnancy test. And my RE was in a different city than my OB, so I'm not sure if the receptionist bothered to pull up my medical history before scheduling the OB appointment. I wonder how often people call to make prenatal appointments and then it turns out the patient isn't actually pregnant. 

Is a dating ultrasound common practice at early prenatal appointments when you haven't been seeing an RE? 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    Under the care of my RE they drew a few betas and did a couple ultrasounds, but when I made my first appointment with my OB they didn't actually ask if I'd had a positive pregnancy test. And my RE was in a different city than my OB, so I'm not sure if the receptionist bothered to pull up my medical history before scheduling the OB appointment. I wonder how often people call to make prenatal appointments and then it turns out the patient isn't actually pregnant. 

Is a dating ultrasound common practice at early prenatal appointments when you haven't been seeing an RE? 
    My doctor office required a 1st appointment to be with a nurse practitioner where they do a urine test, if it is positive then you go through a whole health history, LMP, sexual history, possibility of STDs, everything then a pap test! Once you are through with that THEN they will order any necessary blood work and/or dating ultrasound based on the results of the questionnaire.  

They dont take your word for it.  
  • Options
    I finally tested positive.

my appointment is so far out because that was the soonest he had. Sorry it doesn’t fit your guys’s standards of care. Apparently yes, this can happen this way. 
  • Options
    With my daughter, I had a positive test and then called to set up an appointment. First, we had a brief appointment that was basically just a tour of the facility and discussing how care is provided there. Then, a week or so later, I had a dating ultrasound followed a few days later by a regular appointment. Typically, the first appointment and dating scan are at the same time, but I needed the last appointment of the day so my H could come, and since first appointments are longer than regular appointments, they couldn't do it at the end of the day. 

So they never did any sort of testing to see if I was pregnant prior to the dating scan. I don't remember if they ever asked if I got a positive test or how I knew I was pregnant. 

Fwiw, this was a private practice freestanding birth center with midwives, not a doctor office or a public hospital, but I don't know if that changes things. 

With my current pregnancy, I had no appointments until 18 weeks. At that point, I was visibly pregnant, and they could feel my uterus and all that jazz, so no testing necessary! 
  • Options

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    peanomkay said:
    I finally tested positive.

my appointment is so far out because that was the soonest he had. Sorry it doesn’t fit your guys’s standards of care. Apparently yes, this can happen this way. 
    Appointment or ultrasound or both?  Still have not said whether the ultrasound is doctor scheduled or boutique. 
  • Options
    @coco2787 Nope, run and run.  Last active date Jan. 17
  • Options
    Way to stay hopeful! Always listen to your body :)
  • Options
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN