March 2019 Moms

PGAL check in week 2/3- 2/9

1. How many weeks are you?
2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally?
3. Any appointment updates?
4. Rants/raves/questions?
5. GTKY- are you ready? What have you procrastinated?

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

Re: PGAL check in week 2/3- 2/9

• Loading the player...
  • 1. 34 weeks yesterday

2. Physically:  worn out and big. Walking up stairs I get winded and half the time someone needs to help me off the floor.
    Mentally: lo gave me a slight scare yesterday. Was moving a lot less than usual but I did kick counts and we were fine. So I waited to see what today would bring and lo is back to its usual active self.

3. NST's are going fine. Next one on Tuesday with a regular appt.

4. None really.

5. My house is ready. But we are not at my house. I still need to finish making cloth wipes, wash/ prep cloth diapers, set up the pack n play at my il's ( where we're at) and will be for a couple days after lo arrives. I'm sure there's more and it all needs to be done ASAP. Lo will be here before we know it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @3rdtime_charmed I’ve definitely been delegating some house prep/cleaning to DH! We’re the ones growing babies, they can help with the nesting 😂

@buckeyenut05 I’ve had a few bursts of good cleaning energy, and like you said - I’m exhausted and sore the next day!

@Purpleteacher82 that sounds like an lovely little getaway! 

@kenneylynn3 I hate when baby has quiet days, they’re so stressful.

@kristimh80 so glad you guys had a nice baby moon! I’m totally jealous of your beach time! 

@karatepickles for what it’s worth, DH and I had a tradition of Friday night date nights before DS was born. We kept them up after DS was born, we had to go out earlier, but we still go pretty much every Friday! 

1. How far along are you? 34+6

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically I’m feeling big and tired, my stupid desk chair at work triggers pelvic pain, so I’m going to have to deal with that Wednesday... Mentally I’m stressing about baby’s positioning - I’m pretty sure she’s moved and isn’t heads down any more. Trying to do all the exercises and stretches to get her back into position. Basically I’m just a tired cranky pregnant lady. 

3. Any appt updates? Next Tuesday is my 36 week and the GBS test (crossing everything its negative this time)

4. Rants/raves/questions? DH lined up people to come blow more insulation into the attic and get our HVAC system and vents cleaned this week. I’m so grateful he’s dealing with all of it and lined it up for my office days so DS and I will be out of the house for all of it. Not thrilled about the cost, but home ownership seems to be full of surprise bills. 

5. GTKY- are you ready? What have you procrastinated? Have lots of the big stuff done, but have been procrastinating the final prep/ organizing. Still need a few things, but hoping I’ll get some of it from my sprinkle at the end of the month. 

• @lelkcot Will you get one last u/s to check baby's position? So nice your husband is getting all that work done for you! I feel you though, I swear it's always something around the house! MH is convinced we are redoing floors before the baby and all I can think is "can't we just clean the carpets" and "I don't wanna pay for it" lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @lelkcot when I was worried about position my doc just did a quickie check during my regular appointment with the bedside machine. I dont think she billed it as a full ultrasound. Now that they are big and all hard parts poking me, I cant feel as easily where they are positioned and am surprised every week at my BPP that they are still head down.

@kristimh80 redoing the floors now? Whoa. I couldn’t handle that level of disruption at this point. 

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @kristimh80 probably not, unless the doctor can’t determine her position when they check next. I’m just hoping I’m wrong! We’d love to redo our floors, too. But it’s definitely on the longer term to do list (unfortunately we have a lot of super boring stuff we probably need to do first like siding and trim repairs and replacement)! 
    @3rdtime_charmed I’m really hoping she’s still heads down and I’m worrying for nothing! I was feeling hiccups right towards the top yesterday on my way into work, followed by a hard rounded something pushing up there as well. I grabbed the ice pack for DS milk bag and popped it on right then! 
  • Can I ask what a BPP is?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 It stands for Biophysical Profile. It’s basically an ultrasound where they are looking for specific things like baby’s movement, baby taking practice breaths, and amniotic fluid. I start mine on Monday. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 32+6 today
    2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically I have a TON of pressure on my cervix. Kiddo seems to have dropped some and is just pushing down trying to make more room. Mentally I'm freaking out about all the stuff I still have to do!
    3. Any appointment updates? Saw OB yesterday, a different doc in the practice. I was worried about her b/c she seemed unfriendly when I'd seen her in the office, but she was much more personable one on one. Thankfully everything seems great and fundal height is on track (likely b/c of the droppage). Back to my doctor for the next appt in two weeks. 
    4. Rants/raves/questions? My IL's are already asking how much time I think I'll need after the baby comes before they can come visit. Thankfully DH has already said that whenever anybody comes to visit is up to me. I'm much more concerned about people who are intending to stay with us (like my IL's) instead of friends who could drop by for 30 minutes to an hour and then leave. I'm just not even thinking about that for a few weeks, but they want to visit again before he comes and that'll be in a couple weeks; sure they'll ask again when they're here. :( I'm sure I won't want to do anything when they're here and they're just going to have to deal with that. 
    5. GTKY- are you ready? What have you procrastinated? We just had our shower on Friday and DH's coworkers were SO generous. We got a lot of the little things we needed, a bunch of clothes (expected), and only a few receiving blankets. Bless the people who got us diapers and wipes, because some of them did! My practical little heart danced with joy. I procrastinated a LOT of stuff because I was waiting for the shower. I made a big Amazon order on Friday, finally purchased a dresser, manual breast pump, changing supplies, infant medicine stuff. I still need to find a stroller I like and a glider for nursing, which will be really hard. Almost all fo them seem to be built for taller people and I just can't sit that comfortably in a lot of them. :( Aside from that, I have to completely organize the baby's room, kitchen, and set up a changing area downstairs as well. It's a wee bit overwhelming to think about. In 4 weeks this baby will be term and I'm really starting to freak out about getting it all done. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 35 +3
    2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally?
    I had an nst Monday and doctor didn't like some of what she was seeing so she sent me to the hospital to have a 2+hr nst there.  It picked up a ton of contractions and LO did great.  Checked my cervix and all is well so I got to go home.  I am not a fan of these practicing contractions.  Never had them before.

My amniotic fluid is still high so they keep checking it weekly.  I'm finally in a place mentally to accept that I'll be induced due to this.  My doctor has me eating like a diabetic (even though I've passed every test) in hopes that it will go down. 

3. Any appointment updates?
    Go back Thursday for bpp to check fluid.  

4. Rants/raves/questions?
    Any suggestions on where to buy ineexpinexp nursing shirts?  I'm all for a deal and all I find is pricey.

5. GTKY- are you ready? What have you procrastinated?
    After my short stink at the hospital Monday my bag is packed and I'm mentally trying to finish all the have to's for work.  Have a big even on Sunday that I'm in charge of so I'd really like to get passed it.

I'm ready for some R and R!  I decided fairly last minute to throw a surprise party for DH last weekend for his big 3-0, applied for a new job at my current place, and am leading a mid-scale fundraiser for work Sunday.  I'm pretty sure that's where I got my contractions 🤪
  • @oneday2019 sounds like you have a lot going on!! Hopefully you will get it all squared away soon!

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @purpleteacher82 Thanks for explaining that!! I was also wondering what BPP was and kept thinking...is it blood pressure related? lol

@catlady2015 I also feel like baby has dropped. Lately, it feels like at times she's sitting in my lap. As for your in laws, maybe just to be honest and tell them you really don't know because there are a lot of unknowns. Mine are waiting a month to come due to spring break / easter, which has eased my mind knowing I'll have a little time to adjust. As for them coming before baby, you're in your last trimester...they shouldn't expect you to be Miss Entertainment, so don't stress too much :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• catlady2015catlady2015 member
    edited February 2019
    @kristimh80 - Probably being an awful DIL, but I kind of wish they weren't coming at all beforehand. DH and I don't get a lot of time together (his practice is getting busier all the time and he's taking a lot of call now so he can be off call around my due date) and I'm wishing we had more quality alone time before it's no longer just us. Besides, they always want to go out and do stuff and I literally nap every day for like 3 hours. I'll be shoving them both out of the house with their son.

As for visiting after the birth, I'm just going to tell them that I have no idea how I'll feel, what type of delivery I might wind up with, or how easy breastfeeding will be for me, and that I won't be able to give them a ballpark visit date until after the arrival. I know they're antsy and want to get an idea of the timeframe, especially since my BIL will have to take time off to stay with their animals (special needs) which will likely affect when they can visit, but I can't do much about that. I did say HELL NO to visiting right away. Even if I have a really easy birth and baby, I want that time for the three of us to bond alone and get to know him before anyone stays with us. I'm fairly positive my MIL would want to stay for like a week or so afterwards, but I have no intention of letting that happen. I just don't feel like she would be helpful. She would want to be, but her helpful would be, "let me hold the baby for you" and that's not the type of help I think I'll really need. But she's 70, doesn't drive on bigger highways or anywhere that's not her neighborhood, not physically up to cleaning my house, and she doesn't really cook so I feel like I'd be hosting with no privacy on top of everything else and that's the last thing I want to do. 

DH looked at me like I had three heads when I told him last night that I had no intention of breastfeeding in the living room if ANYONE was at the house when it was feeding time. I just don't feel super comfortable with the idea as a FTM and even though I have a class scheduled, I feel the first few weeks will be OMG, what the hell am I supposed to be doing? For you STM's, did you find it was awhile before you felt comfortable BFing in front of anyone other than your partner? 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Anyway you can avoid them coming before the baby? Sadly, as antsy as they sound, it seems like there would be no good way to tell them no. But I'm the same way, I do feel 100% the same way about visitors, esp if they aren't of any good help. We can be the crazy FTM's together!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @catlady2015 I read an article that basically said no one should visit overnight that you can’t tell to shut up. (I’m sorry I didn’t save the link) Not that you would, but the point was basically that on no sleep, trying to learn how to breastfeed, you may not be your best, so unless you are already close enough to someone that they will understand if you lose it, they shouldn’t be in your space that long. Could they stay in a nearby hotel? So they can have lots of access but you would also have a little more control? 

I feel lucky that my husband is going to be great at making sure no one overstays their welcome but he basically hates people anyway so it’s not that big a deal for him. 

I get that they should know how to act, but I have lots of family that don’t. I’ve already upset my stepmom by telling her that she can’t come over this last trimester because I’m exhausted and I know she will expect me to have a spotless house and to entertain her.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• @kristimh80 - I wish. They were upset we weren't traveling for Christmas and my MIL's birthday is this month, so they wanted to come up and see us. I feel like if I let them come up before, I'll be able to play the shorter visit card after the birth. I really want short visits after the baby is born for anyone who stays with us (and we have 2 extra bedrooms, so the family wants to). I'm just going to pull the "nearly full term" pregnancy card and get out of anything I don't feel like doing (like driving around all day to shop with my MIL). Thankfully I think the visit is only 3 days. 

I really do like my IL's, but I'm over having people in my space and I just know I won't get the type of help I need from them and would rather just not mess with it. 

But yes, let's be the crazy FTM's together! I feel like this is all I'll want to say to people: 

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Good thinking!! I've already started using the preggo card! May as well do it while we can lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @karatepickles I have also been realizing that our life is going to change in a huge way in a few weeks and it's kind of sad and I'm also kind of nervous. Glad for the example of continuing traditions from @lelkcot

@Kenneylynn3 I get nervous about LO being less active too! When she is more quiet I drink something cold and sweet then lie down. DH is convinced she's playing me to get me to drink 7up ;)

@lelkcot I brought a special seat cushion to work in the second trimester and it's saved my tailbone. I may look like a weirdo but since having that cushion at work the lower back, tailbone, and shooting leg pain have pretty much resolved. 

1. 35+6
    2. OK, some sadness about leaving the current season in life and apprehension that I'll not be a good mom. 
    3. GBS test on Wednesday 
    4. Rave : DH did the grocer shopping this week and he nailed it. He paid attention to expiration dates and prices, and didn't go nuts buying snack food. 
    5. Not ready but getting there! Still have areas I want to clean and organize.