July 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/21

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/21

• Options
     BATHS BATHS BATHS. I love baths when pregnant. I love them always. But also when pregnant! 
  • Options
    @nopegoat @nolemomma14 Thanks!

@mnkenned Near the end... or when I dragged my already-sore pregnant a** to the gym for the first time in 8 weeks. So. Damn. Sore.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Packing stuff to move to the new house. Found my zumba DVDs. Very tempted to start using them, I am terrified of being over 300lbs again 😥
  • Options
    Quiet weekend in here. I hope that means some of us are starting to feel better? 
    I had a great day yesterday. We went to the mountains to see Snow Sculptures. I wasn’t nauseous after about 10am. I had a hair appointment so my hair looks amazing. I was out in the cold for a lot of time and, as many of you know, that was one of my nausea triggers. And I was FINE. it was amazing to have a good day. 
    This morning, and whether I’m going to have a good day, remains to be seen. 
    What are you up to this weekend? 
  • Options
    @hakele Sounds like a lovely weekend so far. That's great you were able to get out and about without feeling sick. I hope it continues to be as good for you :) 

I was homebound yesterday while DH and DS went hiking for a few hours. I cleaned up a bit and worked on a friends website throughout the day. Not feeling great today with the return of another sinus infection but I think we may still try to bum around a bit, maybe get a bite to eat and go checkout potential trucks for DH. We've been a 1-car family for over 2 years now and I think with the arrival of LO he wants some freedom to go galavanting around the NW without leaving me carless with 2 kids. 
  • Options
    @hakele @mamanbebe Sounds like nice weekends (aside from possible sinus infection).

Weather is warmer today so we are going to take DS to the playground after naptime to get him some fresh air. Making a pot roast tonight in the instant pot so that dinner won't take up too much of my time. DH has calmed down some about going back to work tomorrow.
  • Options
    @hakele glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better! Hopefully that continues! 

Took DS to a birthday party yesterday at a jump place and he had a blast. He was so worn out afterwards. My mom offered to watch the boys last night, so DH and I got to go out to dinner and then we went to cold stone for ice cream! So nice to have a quiet dinner without multiple interruptions!

It’s been raining non stop here since the middle of the night. Going a little stir crazy today with the boys inside, but we’re all still in our pajamas, so that’s been a nice quiet day 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    H left for Korea early this morning and I've been waiting on my back neighbor (the oneone having all the theft problems) to come over to places some cameras on our property to hopefully catch whoever keeps stealing stuff over there.

It's actually been a pretty beautiful day out so the boys have been playing outside while I fix a few things around the farm. So far I've fixed 2 gates, rewired a couple parts of our fence, fixed some tin on the roof of one of our pens, mucked out the pig pen, and cleaned up some scrap and debri. So basically I'm not moving for the rest of the day. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @asupernovablizzardstorm That's so cute, happy birthday Storm! 
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2019
    Aww! Happy birthday to your pup @asupernovablizzardstorm! ❤️ 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @Bear14+ I’m hoping it’s neither option! I’m not liking either choice 
  • Options
    DD turned one yesterday. When did my baby get so big?!? It doesn’t stop, does it? And being pregnant doesn’t help with the emotions either. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe you're a 1 car family? That's impossible to wrap my head around. It's just DH and I and we're a 5 car family!
  • Options
    @cindler it’s very walkable, bikeable and bussable here! I can walk or take the bus to most anywhere so it’s been pretty easy even when DH takes the car on a day trip. I know if we move out to the country this cannot last though. What kind of cars do you all have?? 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe we each have our "daily driver" that we prefer, then we each have an older 4wd for when the roads are bad. The roads get so snowy and muddy around here in the winter, it's ridiculous! Last night I tore off the air dam in my daily driver trying to climb the hill to our house in the mud. :s
    DH also has a 98 mustang that has some sentimental value. He never drives it, but we still have it. He did recently decide he's giving it to his nephew, so hopefully this spring/summer we can get rid of it!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    We're 2 people and we have 3 cars. It's not 5, but it's more cars than people...

I'm going to have to get a mom car as my current car is two doors (although I insisted it'd be fine when we bought it last year, pre-getting KU obviously). Hubby disagreed but didn't push the issue, I say he was playing the long game.
    We'll get rid of what is essentially the "dog car" (my current/new car has leather, which isn't great for dogs, nor is the two doors), DH's current SUV will become the "we need to haul lots of/big stuff" odd car out, he'll drive my current one :(, and I'll get a new/new to us mom car. So much shuffling.

PS/EDITED TO ADD: The "dog car" was my car before my new 2-door one, I solemnly swear we are not the crazy people who bought a car just to transport pets!
  • Options
    We have an XC-90 Volvo. I'm really reallllyyyy hoping it will fit all three kids. My 4 year old won't be ready for a booster, but he can buckle/unbuckle himself, so I might move him to the third row and have him climb through. I'm seriously resisting the minivan route, so this better work! My H keeps saying I should just do it and get the minivan, but no!!!  
  • Options
    @Bear14+ Here is a good webpage which lists all the car seats that will fit in your car with a 3-across configuration if you don't want to put your oldest in the back:

https://www.thecarcrashdetective.com/3-across-installations-xc90/

That said, when #3 was born, we moved my (then) 4yo daughter to the back row, and she was OK climbing in and buckling herself.  Plus by July he'll be that much older and more capable.

I am also a minivan-resisting mom.  When I was pregnant with #3 we actually went minivan shopping but I ended up driving home a Pilot.  Just couldn't live with the minivan stigma.  Now my husband drives one though.
  • Options
    @bear14+ The XC 90 is in the final four on my list of what I want. We're going to wait til taxes to take a final view, we've done the first round of test-driving... DH got a bonus in January, but taxes are dumb, so it didn't help as much as we were hoping. That said, part of the reason it was taxed so high is the rate DH withholds at, so I'm hopeful we get a return...

DH has a 4Runner, so we'll be okay there, plus this is just kid #1...
  • Options
    @bear14+ if your third row is a split row, you can keep one half folded down and have the big kid climb in through the back. (Not sure if you saw my post about this before.)

@mamanbebe People are always weirded out when they find out that I didn't have a driver's license until 1 month before my 21st birthday and I didn't have a car until age 22 and I only got a car then because my Grandpa passed away, so my grandma gave me her car. And I barely used it because my bus pass was still good for another year! I grew up in Downtown Denver, on two bus routes that could get me pretty much anywhere I wanted to go. One bus to go downtown to my first college, transfer to the bus to my second college, bus to my first job. The other bus to the mall and my high school. I did NOT need a car. My $18 a month bus was great! 

We have 2 cars. I bought my mom car 4 years ago because hubby's car died badly. We were super lucky that it had low mileage and we got great trade-in money for it, even though it barely ran. No heat, blown head gasket. It was bad. 
    We have a Kia Sorento as our main car. It is very nice. Leather seats, built in sun shades, etc. We have so many upgrades! We love that car and thought about a baby as we bought it.  Even though we weren't trying quite yet. 
    Our other car is my Hyundai Sonata. Her name is Goldie Hyundai. She still runs great even though she is 11 years old. Needs some new shocks and struts which we will probably do this spring. But other than that, runs GREAT. We are planning to run her into the ground. We rarely use her, maybe once or twice a week. 
  • Options
    My husband has a work car and I have a Traverse.

We bought the Traverse a few years ago when my Grand Cherokee died and I love it. It’s roomy and really comfortable. It also has heated leather seats and Bose speakers, which was a bonus as we bought used.  Our middle row is captains seats, so my oldest will be able to climb to the back no problem and get herself in her booster seat. 

I never wanted a Van, but now that my kids are in school and my car doesn’t even fit in some of the school parking spots the idea of sliding doors is really appealing. 😂
  • Options
    @hakele I might have to get a Diono Radian and have two next to each other in the second row, then the open seat folded down so he can climb back to the third to buckle. That's a bonus because it frees up a passenger seat in the back in case someone is hopping in with us.  Ah, it's confusing, but luckily, I have plenty of time to troubleshoot and experiment! 
  • Options
    @Bear14+ (sorry.. just catching up from last week!) we just got a minivan because our other car wouldn't fit 3 across and it's a major game changer!!!! Of course I always wanted one... but don't resist, it's amazing! Lol!!