July 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/21

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/21

• Options
    @nolemomma14 I love Twining's Decaf Earl Gray. It is my favorite tea on earth. I also love Tazo Wild Orange. And my hometown favorite is good ol' Celestial Seasonings, we love Candy Cane Lane. It's Christmas in a cup! All of their fruit teas are great. I also like Pukka Three Ginger. 
    I don't consume caffeine in general, so I have lots of tea. We usually have about 20 flavors at any time in our house. 
  • Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 I love Ginger people products! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So I know my hormones are going to change everything, but am I the only FTM not worried about showering? Yes maybe they’ll be shorter and who knows how often I’ll want to shower. But the idea of putting the kid in a bouncer while I shower doesn’t worry me at all. 
  • Options
    @blackhottamales I honestly just did it while the kid napped and I had the monitor. Wasn't a huge deal to me, never even worried me as a FTM.
  • Options
    Southeast Texas needs to get it's shit together. It was in the low 70's earlier this week and we woke up to a light freeze this morning. 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @blackhottamales I'm not worried about showering at all. I don't really shower all that often because it isn't good for your hair or skin. I usually do a quick shower after I work out to rinse the salt off my body, but I do my hair like 2 times a week. Also, dry shampoo is a miracle product. 
  • Options
    @hakele i don't get it...i have tried multiple kinds of dry shampoo--i still look super greasy.  I've tried to not have to shower daily but my hair is so greasy! I think because it's so thin and doesn't have a lot of body? i just don't know.  But i'm jealous because I agree it's not "necessary" or even good to shower days. Also fresh water is an amazing resource and TBH once i'm in the shower it always feels so good I have a hard time taking a quick shower.
  • Options
    @blackhottamales When my hair was shorter, I think it was harder to go days without it. Also, a good clarifying shampoo once a week can help with that greasy feeling. It also took my hair some time to adapt to going for days without showering because back in high school I showered every day and blow dried and styled my hair every day. I know I am SUPER blessed by the hair gods, though. I have pretty straight hair with just the tiniest bit of a wave. So I don't have to do much. Also, I live in CO and it is SO dry here and that absolutely factors into it as well. 
    The best dry shampoo I have had is the Aveda one. It seemed to work the best on my hair without leaving like a powdery residue and actually looked more washed. But you really gotta get in there. 
    Also, I don't know your hair type or ethnicity and that can play into it as well. Some ethnicities just have more grease in their hair to help their hair survive climates like the desert. I'm Scandinavian and English. So my hair is meant for cold damp places. 
  • Options
    @hakele when your baby is young it's not so much about just washing your hair but it's also washing the spit up, pee, and poop off because with littles it happens, a lot. It's also wanting to shower because of all the hormones, night sweats, bleeding, leaky boobs, etc. So more than likely you'll need or at least want to shower more frequently your LO arrives.

I forgot who mentioned it in the other thread but it's not so much you can't find time, it's when you do have time you have a lot of other stuff to do or you're so tired you just don't want to. 

But it's not that big of a deal when you do shower. Bouncer/swing in the bathroom or when the baby is napping. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I was pretty oily during my first pregnancy, which hasn't been the case with this one, but I distinctly remember not being oily or sweaty immediately postpartum and for the first month or so, which made it a lot easier to go longer stretches when I wasn't really able to step away from DS long enough to do anything for myself. Cue scene of toilet time with infant in-arms  :D
  • Options
    Here's my random thought of the night:

TB used to have way more FTMs in the BMBs, didn't it? Like back in 2012ish it seemed like we were almost all FTMs. But now it seems like most of the moms on our board are STM++. Why is that? After the exodus did new moms stop joining as much??? 
  • Options
    I’m being haunted tonight. I can’t sleep, my house is making tons of noises. Just one of the nights where I feel absolutely on edge. 
  • Options
    @Cbeanz I was thinking that a few minutes ago!! There's the thread GTKY for FTM's and I was thinking that there really aren't nearly as many as my last two BMB's. It seemed like those BMB's were a majority of FTM and this board seems opposite. 
  • Options
    The shower thing is funny to me. In my last BMB I have mom’s who STILL won’t shower if they are home without another parent. Which is crazy. Our kids are 4. My advice is get over it and do it. You need to shower. Kids will be okay - even if they do cry for 5-8 minutes. Take care of yourself!! 
  • Options
    @Cbeanz   Well as a FTM I'm super happy to be on TB and love all the knowledge i get here. Plus it's nice as i still haven't announced to everyone so i don't want something accidentally showing up in social media about my pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @CBeanz I wonder if fewer FTMs are here because online forums just aren’t as popular anymore. I only heard about The Bump from The Knot, which I learned about in like...2011?
    @nopegoat Your eggs always look so pretty! 😍
  • Options

Even my peace lily is starting to show 😊
  • Options
    @nopegoat You have Ameraucanas! That's the breed we raised!
  • Options
    Yes @Cbeanz! They are an all time favorite here! I'm obsessed with their amazing beards and gorgeous blue eggs! 

, 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I think there may be fewer FTM because the Bump app kind of sucks. I am part of a Facebook group too, but I don't really connect with those moms like I do here. 

@nopegoat all right, that seals it. I am going to need to get Amerucaunas...
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy do it! You won't regret it! One of our farm goals was to breed our own olive eggers for their gorgeous green eggs and ameraucanas were essential to that goal. We absolutely fell in love with that breed. They can be a little flighty at times but overall really great. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat one of my long term plans is to breed my own easter eggers too. I want a rainbow variety of eggs :)
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2019
    @indulgentgypsy my Easter Egger roo is my favorite! I'm a sucker for beards 😉😍😍
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Is anyone following the story of this 2 year old Spanish boy who fell down the well? They have miners hundreds of feet underground trying to tunnel their way to him.  Like I can't fit into my head the heartbreak these parents are experiencing. They lost their oldest 2 years ago to a heart defect.  And how about the kind of person you have to be to be lowered into a tube hundreds of feet below ground with explosives in an attempt to tunnel your way to a stranger's child. Can you even imagine how terrifying that is? It's just such an unbelievably harrowing and heartbreaking story. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    So, we can have “plain Robutussin” but that’s not a thing. Does that mean cough + cold? Max strength? Nothing at all and keep suffering? I NEED SOMETHING. 
  • Options
    hakelehakele member
    edited January 2019
    @happyin14 you can have Dextromethorphan and Guaifenesin. Which should be Robitussin DM. 

They told me no Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) when I had my MAJOR cold back in Nov. 
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 I hadn't heard about the Spanish boy but man that story sounds like Baby Jessica from the 80's which I'll never be able to forget. Googling about this boy now...
  • Options
    @hakele - the pharmacist told me only Guaifenesin.... so I got that boring one. 😭😭

@Cbeanz - I remember that so vividly AND the TV movie.
  • Options
    This has always been a favorite of mine...love seeing how everything moves inside as the baby grows! 

https://www.msichicago.org/fileadmin/assets/online_science/games/make_room/v2/mrfb.html
  • Options
    This is not what I wanted to wake up to today 
  • Options
    Bear14+Bear14+ member
    edited January 2019
    Anyone current on Greys? Dying to get another opinion ... spoiler below... 

Do you think Mer ends up with DeLuca or Linc?? I’m not sure I’m a fan of either of them!! I just miss Derek...  I think I like Linc more though... I think DeLuca and Mer are a dumb match together, he seems like a baby. 

• Options
    @Hestia14 When I was sick in December, I took plain Delsym, they don't make 'plain' Robitussin anymore it seems. Or I can never find it.

Cleaning out my home office while the toddler naps and I binge on Netflix. DH is SUPER strung out because the furlough FINALLY FINALLY ended (thank you God), but of course now he's panicking about how much work is gonna be on his plate when he returns Monday. His entire office is already sending emails back and forth (since they can officially "work" now), trying to setup meetings and figure out what's going on. Sigh. He's so crank when he's anxious.
  • Options
    @Bear14+ I like Greys. I’m not sure who she’ll end up with, but I agree I think Linc would be better.
  • Options
    I know no hot tubs/particularly hot baths, but we ARE allowed to take baths, right? I’m a FTM, but I bought the baby water thermometer early so I could monitor the water temp for myself.

Immersion in a jetted tub sounds good right about now, even if it can’t be as hot as I’d normally do...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 my dr said baths are fine because the temperature of the water starts cooling and isn’t constant like a hot tub 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2019
    @greeneyedgirl12 exactly what @nolemomma14 said. My OB actually recommended baths for sciatica and muscle spasms in my back in previous pregnancies. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Oh yes, all the baths. They are a lifesaver when you're all achy toward the end