March 2019 Moms

Show Off the Nursery!

Re: Show Off the Nursery!

• Thanks @abbykwail! Loving how your nursery is coming together!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamakate1616 I'm glad the coupon came in handy :smile: I also love how your nursery emanates this calm and relaxing feeling! 
    It's funny, because I posted the coupon, but we didn't buy enough yesterday to reach the $150 amount, and DH didn't want to buy more things just to use the coupon. 
    We finally moved the dresser with the changing table to the nursery, and DS1 got instead a nice mahogany dresser we found last weekend at an estate sale. No pics yet, because there is still lots of junk in the nursery, it used to be DH's model train/workshop room. He's slowly vacating it :smiley:

• @mihaelams1 thank you! I thought it was you. :mrgreen: We actually got really lucky because the dresser was $80 off already and then we got to use the $25 coupon on top!
    we have been slowly vacating DD’s things out of our nursery. Luckily my SIL didn’t have any girl stuff for her DD so we were able to send most of our nursery things to them instead of trying to find a home for two rooms’ stuff. I think the last thing is getting the bookshelf straightened out and a few remanining items in the closet.  
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • All of your nursery pictures are inspiring! I’ve got nothing to show yet, I’m still trying to figure out what I want in there! 

Questions about chairs...I know I want something that reclines, but I’m wondering how important the swivel feature is. I’ve found a couple chairs I like that are not “nursery” chairs, but VERY comfortable. They rock and recline, but don’t swivel. Those of you who have a swivel chair, is it worth it? Those who don’t, do you wish you did? Thanks! 
  • @jesiannv I got ended up getting a power recliner / glider that swivels. Not sure that the swivel is 100% needed, but I like the idea that if needed, it's easier to get things off the floor that may fall with a quick turn vs having to completely stand up with baby and pick up. Probably sound lazy, but I just imagine holding an 8 lb baby sleeping and trying to get around. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kelslynie we aren't doing an actual nursery either. We are setting up a pack n play in our room on one wall. No where near close though at 33 weeks and after my last appt, we had reality set it that lo can be here anytime now. So we're hopefully we'll finish set up today.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @kelslynie it looks really cute! I never had my own bedroom growing up (we were living with my grandparents in a 2-bedroom apartment!), so I know it's totally possible to make it work.
  • @kelslynie that looks awesome! We got a pack n play from my dad at our shower but no crib quite yet. I actually feel way more comfortable knowing that she has SOMETHING To sleep in now if all else fails. I love the set up. Very cozy!
  • @novelblessings So cute!!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @purpleteacher82 I adore the striped accent wall!
  • @lelkcot I can’t take credit for that. It was painted that way when we moved in. 🙂 We really like it though and it’s nice not to have to paint the nursery!
  • I am loving these photos!! Great job ladies! 😍

We are renovating our new home and will be moving in 3/2/1 weeks before my due date (3/11) so all i have set up so far is his dresser with all his clothing and blankets. Hopefully I'll be able to get in there by mid February to set up the rest! We are keeping the baby & bassinet in our room foforthe first few months so I'm not too worried about being 100% finished before he is born.
  • @JLaVO888 Aviator theme! I love it!

• @JLaVO888 LOVE LOVE LOVE! i love the name letters and the colors. I also think i just ordered the same/similar glider from Target in gray. How do you like it? 

• @zionsmama85 it did just job with DD but it’s not the most comfortable in the world. It needs an extra pillow or padding in the seat. I had a bit of a bruised tailbone with DD and it took me a while to realize it was from the hours I spent in the chair in a slouched position with my feet up on the foot rest. 
  • @lucysmom2016 ugh i love that orange color so much. i think i said this before LOL. i really like it with the gray and white! where did you get that elephant mobile? That's my theme, it caught my eye and i'm still looking around for little things lol 

• @zionsmama85 Thank you! I found the mobile at BuyBuy Baby in the clearance section awhile back  :)
  • @zionsmama85 our crib is full of baby stuff too! We're hoping to find a home for it this weekend as well. It will come together!
  • @brookelynnicole Beautiful! I especially love the watercolors above the crib.
  • Thank you @mayoduck !  The watercolor pictures were one of the first pieces of decor I picked out :smile:
  • @zionsmama85 It looks great!! Love all the elephants!
  • @zionsmama85 Looks great!! Love the name letter blocks. I saw them in your shower pics too. Were they made or bought? 
  • @JLaVO888 my sister actually made them, but she said she just got gift boxes and put wrapping paper on them and got the letters from Michaels and spray painted them. She is not crafty at all so it was very shocking and special that she had the patience to do that LOL. 
  • Very cute and special! 
  • Love that grey-green color! 
  • @dandpromadeababy I think its a great idea, that will be good for when you get to preschool age and can practice letters and numbers and shapes and things like that!